Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smartphones and Data plans

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

A very expensive roaming bill.. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

But the whole data roaming is back to the RTFM argument - people simply do not make themselves aware of the charges and then get all upset when they get a bill over a hundred Euro.

However, I do agree with the article in terms of data pricing across Europe/International. I make sure any phone I have had with me had data roaming turned off, I didn't even bother to investigate if there were any data packages I could avail of. Perhaps there is an opening for operators to provide a temporary/holiday/business trip data roaming package?

Advertisement