Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gerrard arrested

• 29-12-2008 11:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭

Just heard a report on 5 live stevie g was arrested last night in a pub in southport

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

Just heard a report on 5 live stevie g was arrested last night in a pub in southport

questioned about an asault. more on it here.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/merseyside/7802932.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

And from the Liverpool Echo:
    LIVERPOOL FC captain Steven Gerrard is in custody today after police were called to a Merseyside nightspot.

The 28 year-old was arrested in the early hours of this morning on Bold Street, Southport, following a disturbance at licensed premises.

A 34 year-old man, from Southport, suffered facial injuries which are not said to be serious, and was taken to hospital.

The Liverpool FC star spent the rest of the night in the cells and is still being quizzed about the incident.

Police officers were called to premises at around 2.30am where they detained six people on suspicion of section 20 assault.

Four men, aged 33, 31, 29 and 19, from Huyton, Gerrard, from Formby, and an 18 year-old man, from Litherland, were all arrested.

A Merseyside Police said: “We are investigating an assault in the early hours of the morning on Lord Street.

“Officers attended a licensed premises where they detained six people on suspicion of Section 20 assault. They are still being questioned.”
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2008/12/29/liverpool-fc-captain-steven-gerrard-arrested-after-disturbance-100252-22566878/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I am getting the "Free Stevie G" t-shirts printed as we speak !!!!!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

ciaran76 wrote: »
    I am getting the "Free Stevie G" t-shirts printed as we speak !!!!!:p
    Ah come on now Ciaran, I'm sure he was "asleep in his hotel room at the time" ;)

Lets hop The Kop can get a banner printed and cards under every seat soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Ah come on now Ciaran, I'm sure he was "asleep in his hotel room at the time" ;)

Lets hop The Kop can get a banner printed and cards under every seat soon.

Not particularly funny tbh, say what you want about Gerrard but the Michael Shields case is hardly a laughing matter...

• Advertisement

Not particularly funny tbh, say what you want about Gerrard but the Michael Shields case is hardly a laughing matter...
    Your mistaken, I wasn't laughing at anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

tits. dint need this. hes been our man of the year so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tis nothing I expect. He was in the same pub as a ruckus, the cops arrest everyone as policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Naughty Scouser tut tut.

He'll probably take a dive and get off :D

Ah to be serious, he went out after their xmas schedule and had a few drinks maybe a feww to many and he is only 1 of 6 to be arrested so could be a storm in a tea-cup and he could just have been in the wrong place at the wrong time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I'd imagine this will turn out to be a nothing story.

In other news, Mr. Alan has just embarked on a one-man crime spree in the hopes of geting locked up with Stevie G :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Not the first time he's been questioned by the old bill -

funnygerrad3.jpg

"I won it in a competition, honest" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭slingerz

Jazzy wrote: »
    tits. dint need this. hes been our man of the year so far

not a hope has he come close to Alonso as Liverpools MVP this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Throw the book at him, judge! Give him life! Or at least remand him in custody til the end of the season :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Dave! wrote: »
    Throw the book at him, judge! Give him life! Or at least remand him in custody til the end of the season :pac:
    Or just put him in a cell with Leeroy and Raul Jamal - that should take a yard or two off his pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Southport is a hellhole anyway, all the more reason to start a ruck, its like a quiet bray or something.....

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

I can see the scene.

Loud mouth: Steve G your a Wank3r

SG: *B1tch slaps loud mouth in face*

Loud mouth: *Hmmm...that did not hurt at all, but it's Steve G, and he's right i'm a wank3r so i'll call the police, sue him and get my holiday to Benidorm paid for thsi year*

Maybe i'm wrong, but I doubt i'm far wrong.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

He will also sell the story to Liverpool's favourite newspaper. The Sun will love this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Gerrardstory.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

egan007 wrote: »
    I can see the scene.

Loud mouth: Steve G your a Wank3r

SG: *B1tch slaps loud mouth in face*

Loud mouth: *Hmmm...that did not hurt at all, but it's Steve G, and he's right i'm a wank3r so i'll call the police, sue him and get my holiday to Benidorm paid for thsi year*

Maybe i'm wrong, but I doubt i'm far wrong.....

When in your story did Stevie call the loud mouth a wanker?
    I'm confused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Disgraceful behaviour. Lock him up I say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,434 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

When in your story did Stevie call the loud mouth a wanker?
    I'm confused.

wank3r by association ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

SantryRed wrote: »
    Disgraceful behaviour. Lock him up I say.

Nobody here knows the story could be nothing like those stories from last years Uniteds Chirstmas party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I heard he was drinking beer at the time of the altercation.

And tucking into a tub of bar nuts. The chilli ones.

Can anybody substantiate this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »

funnygerrad3.jpg

Brilliant! I hope he gets sent down! :p

BREAKING NEWS

Reports just in that Steven Gerrard sleeps in an oxygen chamber.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,449 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

BREAKING NEWS

Reports just in that Steven Gerrard sleeps in an oxygen chamber.

Further reports indicate that he believes it gives him sexual powers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

mike65 wrote: »
    Tis nothing I expect. He was in the same pub as a ruckus, the cops arrest everyone as policy.

Yeah because every time there's been a fight in a club I've been in I've been arrested and held for 12 hours :rolleyes: Get real will you?

I wonder if Gerrard went down at the slightest touch with his arms flailing like he does on the football pitch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Typical bloody overpaid footballer, acting the bollix when he has a few jars in him. He's a role model for kids for christ sake! This type of behaviour is totally unacceptable for someone in his position! I hope they give him life.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I just looked that dude up, did he ever get out? To be fair, he does look like the type of bloke who beats the **** out of me every saturday night in the boozer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

He's a role model for kids for christ sake! This type of behaviour is totally unacceptable for someone in his position!

nonsense

hes paid to play football, if he wants to act the gombeen in his own free time thats up to him

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Nobody has any idea what happened,
    If he actually did "assault" someone then I hope they throw the book at him, I'm saying this as a Liverpool fan.
    If it was case of "money money sue for money" by the other guy then I hope some of you will apologise for your completely unsubstantiated comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

fullstop wrote: »
    Yeah because every time there's been a fight in a club I've been in I've been arrested and held for 12 hours :rolleyes: Get real will you?

Yep, and everytime a footballer has been arrested in relation to rape allegations they have been brought to trial and are currently serving long sentences.

the fact is , the vast majority of the time, it turns out to be a nothi9ng allegation.

mayordenis wrote: »
    If it was case of "money money sue for money" by the other guy then I hope some of you will apologise for your completely unsubstantiated comments.

in case steven read boards this afternoon and was upset by what he saw you mean? i cant see who else theyd need to apologise to after all

Helix wrote: »
    nonsense

hes paid to play football, if he wants to act the gombeen in his own free time thats up to him

I was joking, I was just spouting the kind of drivel that appears in tabloids when something like this happens.

Van...Pers...ie
    When the girl says no.
    You rape her.

Sorry, just hadn't heard that one in a while.:p

Should Lampard and Terry be fired?

Don't forget they were arrested after getting into a fight with a group of Americans, after they slagged off the 9/11 bombings infront of them the day after the attacks.

Peinaar, Leroy Lita, Marlon King, Essien, Lomanu LuaLua, Zat Knight, Andy Cole, John Terry (again), Bobby Zamora, Teddy Sheringham, Bradley Wright Phillips, Christiano Ronaldo, Van Persie.

All the footballers that I can think of, off the top of my head, that have been arrested over the last few years.

(Nobody mention Pennant;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

29 year old (:)) arrested for bar fight? who cares?

PHB wrote: »
    29 arrested for bar fight? who cares?
    Where did you get that figure from? the Police statement I read said 6 were arrested?

People might want to remember that they are responsible for what it is written is here, so think before you post accusations about anyone!

Villain wrote: »
    People might want to remember that they are responsible for what it is written is here, so think before you post accusations about anyone!

im sure stevie g's lawyer is sitting at home hitting f5 just hoping for someone to say something iffy on boards alrite :D

Helix wrote: »
    im sure stevie g's lawyer is sitting at home hitting f5 just hoping for someone to say something iffy on boards alrite :D
    While I doubt that I still wouldn't go making false accusations, Politics or Soccer the rules are still the same and it takes is one fool to post something stupid and someone pick it up and before you can't talk about anything related to that club or player, its unlikely but possible.

Some people can be very naive and think that they can post anything on the internet without people been able know who posted it and without anyone been able to do anything about, I can assure you on both counts that ain't true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Zat Knights arrest was spectacular. Armed drugs raid on the morning of his transfer to Villa. Rock N' Roll!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Waster

Van...Pers...ie
    When the girl says no.
    You rape her.

Sorry, just hadn't heard that one in a while.:p

Should Lampard and Terry be fired?

Don't forget they were arrested after getting into a fight with a group of Americans, after they slagged off the 9/11 bombings infront of them the day after the attacks.

Peinaar, Leroy Lita, Marlon King, Essien, Lomanu LuaLua, Zat Knight, Andy Cole, John Terry (again), Bobby Zamora, Teddy Sheringham, Bradley Wright Phillips, Christiano Ronaldo, Van Persie.

All the footballers that I can think of, off the top of my head, that have been arrested over the last few years.

(Nobody mention Pennant;))

And a certain Roy Keane back in the day.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2362803/Keane-grounded-after-bust-up.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Well my mates sister's husband knows a taxi driver who's wife works in the shop next door to the bar where the incident took place and she say's stevie was just sipping his perrier water at the bar when the bloke just walked by him and tripped over Stevie whilst he was doing some post match limbering down stretches. Honest like it's a true story :)

Stekelly wrote: »
    Yep, and everytime a footballer has been arrested in relation to rape allegations they have been brought to trial and are currently serving long sentences.

the fact is , the vast majority of the time, it turns out to be a nothi9ng allegation.
    What the hell has this got to do with rape? Are you telling me he raped the guy now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »

funnygerrad3.jpg

Is it just me or are few if any of the thanks for that from Pool fans? Jaysus, lighten up!

In fairness from watching those cop shows on sky the English police will pull you in for anything on a night out.
    To be fair, he does look like the type of bloke who beats the **** out of me every saturday night in the boozer.

You really ought to consider going to a different pub on Saturday night.

Dancefloor, teeth, elbow, unprovoked, CCTV, no charges.

End.

What the hell has this got to do with rape? Are you telling me he raped the guy now?

ive got a better question - how the f**k do u not know wat stekelly means? can u read between the lines at all or does everything have to be spelled out in its most simple terms before you can get a point?

ive got a better question - how the f**k do u not know wat stekelly means? can u read between the lines at all or does everything have to be spelled out in its most simple terms before you can get a point?
    No need to get your knickers in a twist little Jazzy

god i love that feeling when u call out someones bias / agenda and they dont really have an answer but instead try and belittle you to make themselves feel better. it means i win at forums :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

god i love that feeling when u call out someones bias / agenda and they dont really have an answer but instead try and belittle you to make themselves feel better. it means i win at forums :pac:
    Yeah cos you never do that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Ciaran C and fullstop sitting in a tree, K I S S... ok i'll stop now... :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement