Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gerrard arrested

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

so has the jailbird been released yet or is he still getting questioned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Sky news ticker - "...allegedly involved in glass throwing incident".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

shane86 wrote: »
    Is it just me or are few if any of the thanks for that from Pool fans? Jaysus, lighten up!

You're giving out about Liverpool fans for not thanking you for posting a pic that we've all seen only about 300 hundred times before.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

shayser wrote: »
    Sky news ticker - "...allegedly involved in glass throwing incident".

Once a scouser, always a scouser

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

pvt.joker wrote: »
    Once a scouser, always a scouser

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahhaha
    hoooooohohohohoho
    heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeheeeheeheeheee
    bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahah

:D:D:D:D:D

spockety wrote: »
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahhaha
    hoooooohohohohoho
    heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeheeeheeheeheee
    bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahah

:D:D:D:D:D

Hello Spockety. Do you have a point to make ?

... sorry... can't... stop... laughing... at your... original ... point..!...!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Once a.. scous..er.... haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahah!!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

one that compares with your point?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Am I the only one who thinks that he should not have been out clubbing in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks that he should not have been out clubbing in the first place.

Tis Xmas. He just played a blinder. He's not playing again for a week. What's wrong with going out to let the hair down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Was thinking the same thing. Then I realised that it is nearly 2 weeks until the next league match and he has probably been told that he would be rested for the FA Cup match in between.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

fullstop wrote: »
    What the hell has this got to do with rape? Are you telling me he raped the guy now?

Your making out that because he was arrested he's guilty. I pointed out that in the majority of cases it proves to be false.
    Is it just me or are few if any of the thanks for that from Pool fans? Jaysus, lighten up!

The joke is so old I heard it from Gods father. It has been posted here numerous times.Thats why the thanks arent free flowing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

15195389.jpg

Always good for a pun, even if it is 'that' paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

OH them Merseysiders :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

6 days away from a poxy FA Cup match he might not even play in?

Sky News are insinuitating (whilst not exactly stating) that he personally threw glass in the place. Theyd want to be careful........

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2076643.ece

Hmm. Not as full of groundless rumour, accusation and interviews with slack jawed self claimed onlookers as I was hoping. Where did The Sun lose its way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

He's obviously guilty, give him the death penalty.

But let John Terry take it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Or Ronaldo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Released late last night according to Telegraph but no comment as to whether charges are to be brought against him or any of the others involved.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/liverpool/4017060/Steven-Gerrard-released-from-custody-after-questioning-over-alleged-brawl.html

No reports of the other 5 being released any earlier than him so I don't think you can take his period of detention to indicate that he was the main suspect. Most likely the bizzies just interviewing the lot of them & any other eye witnessess to find out exactly what happened before releasing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Take them stupid Rag links down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

6 days away from a poxy FA Cup match he might not even play in?

Sky News are insinuitating (whilst not exactly stating) that he personally threw glass in the place. Theyd want to be careful........

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2076643.ece

Hmm. Not as full of groundless rumour, accusation and interviews with slack jawed self claimed onlookers as I was hoping. Where did The Sun lose its way?

When was the sun ever reliable?

• Advertisement

He's been charged with assault and affray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

shayser wrote: »
    He's been charged with assault and afray.

Link or STFU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

That DJ must have been playing some muck to get that treatment. :)

Either that or he is an Evertonian and threw in a snidey little comment in between mixes, riling up the gang.

Hopefully this is all a load of old boll0x and disappears later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Fizman wrote: »
    That DJ must have been playing some muck to get that treatment. :)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/dec/29/steven-gerrard-arrest-bar-brawl-fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

One report suggested Gerrard and a group of his friends were involved in an altercation after the man refused to allow them to choose the songs played on the venue's sound system. Gerrard is a big fan of Phil Collins and counts the singer's greatest hits as his favourite album. He is also partial to Coldplay.

Gahahaha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

This could be a bit of a disaster... hopefully he'll be able to concentrate on his football while all of this is going on.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Wow

The court date is just after Liverpool face Everton! :D

Lots of ifs and buts until the whole story comes out.. BUT.. Rafa may have a decision to make about the captaincy, at least temporarily.

We're fond of bleating on that captain X, Y, or Z (usually John Terry) isn't a role model for young people etc., and a captaincy should be taken off him for things he does on the pitch. But being up on assault charges for throwing a glass at someone's face is pretty damning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah but if he does strip the captaincy off him is that not pre-judging?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/merseyside/7804056.stm
    England and Liverpool footballer Steven Gerrard has been charged with assault and affray following a disturbance outside a Merseyside nightclub.

The 28-year-old was arrested along with five other men near the Lounge Inn in Southport in the early hours of Monday.

A 34-year-old man was taken to hospital with facial injuries, not thought to be life-threatening.

John Doran, 29, and Ian Smith, 19, both from Huyton, Liverpool, have also been charged and bailed over the incident.

All three will appear at North Sefton Magistrates' Court on 23 January, accused of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and affray.

Three other men have been released on police bail pending further inquiries.

In a statement, a Merseyside Police spokesman said: "Merseyside Police has charged Steven Gerrard, 28 years, of Formby, Sefton, John Doran, 29, and Ian Smith, 19 years, both from Huyton, Liverpool, with assault occasioning actual bodily harm and affray following an incident at Bold Street in Southport in the early hours of Monday, December 29.

"The three men will be appearing at North Sefton Magistrates' Court on January 23."

Given others were released with no charges he seems have been in the thick of it. Looks like he could be facing time, as its a fairly serious charge.

mike65 wrote: »
    Ah but if he does strip the captaincy off him is that not pre-judging?

It's a very difficult situation that Gerrard has put Rafa and the club in , IF as suggested he has actually been charged.

Maybe a 'look son, you have enough to be worrying about for the next few months, and I want you to just focus on your football while you're on the pitch, so until this mess is over and done with, I think it's best for you, the club, and the fans if we temporarily hand the armband to Jamie. I'm sure everything will work out grand and you can pick up where you left off in a few months, (just in time to lift the league trophy...)"

From the Mail
    Witnesses of the alleged attack said Mr McGee, a Manchester United fan, was in charge of a card which allowed the music to be changed.

They claimed Gerrard asked for a particular tune but was told that it was not club policy to play requests.

At that point the footballer allegedly pushed past Mr McGee, catching him with an elbow.

A police source said: 'Mr McGee retaliated and swore at Gerrard, which was when Gerrard's mates turned violent and assaulted him.'

Friends of the England star insisted he had been reacting to provocation and had thrown no punches himself.

Mr McGee, a father of two who runs a double glazing firm, was taken to hospital where he received four stitches to his forehead and treatment on a cut nose, swollen eye and a dislodged tooth.

times http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article5415935.ece

Ollie Holts opinion piece http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/columnists/holt/2008/12/30/steven-gerrard-arrest-brawl-claim-is-like-poison-to-model-pro-115875-21004312/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

One report suggested Gerrard and a group of his friends were involved in an altercation after the man refused to allow them to choose the songs played on the venue's sound system. Gerrard is a big fan of Phil Collins and counts the singer's greatest hits as his favourite album. He is also partial to Coldplay.

Phil Collins, jesus. That should be a mandatory five years for having no musical taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Phil Collins, jesus. That should be a mandatory five years for having no musical taste.

To be fair, a conviction for Stevie G is against all odds.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

wonder if the police put on in the air tonight into his cell for him...

what a disgrace.

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    To be fair, a conviction for Stevie G is against all odds.....

Just another day in paradise...

That contravenes the Geneva Convention.

Always knew he was a bit "Yellow"

• Advertisement

So will the new liverpool crest be a "jail bird" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

ntlbell wrote: »
    So will the new liverpool crest be a "jail bird" ?
    I actually read this when you posted 25 minutes ago but could'nt reply until now because i was flat out on the floor laughing. You sir are a comedy star.....:rolleyes:

Highsider wrote: »
    I actually read this when you posted 25 minutes ago but could'nt reply until now because i was flat out on the floor laughing. You sir are a comedy star.....:rolleyes:

and you pointing it out it was enlightening,intelligent and creative.

Good work sir.

I'd say it was just a rush of blood to the head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Get a room!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

LFC issue statement supporting Gerrard
    Linky

• Advertisement

Surely they should say something about waiting for the facts or something- not good for PR if they blindly support him and he is guilty

kida wrote: »
    Surely they should say something about waiting for the facts or something- not good for PR if they blindly support him and he is guilty

I can't imagine it's blind support.. I'd be stunned if they put up a statement like that without being satisfied that he has a supportable case...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

spockety wrote: »
    I can't imagine it's blind support.. I'd be stunned if they put up a statement like that without being satisfied that he has a supportable case...
    Eh, he is Mr Liverpool , their best player and most valuable asset. Of course they will blindly back him (note I dont know if he's guilty of anything but just saying his club would back him to hilt eitherway)

Eh, he is Mr Liverpool , their best player and most valuable asset. Of course they will blindly back him (note I dont know if he's guilty of anything but just saying his club would back him to hilt eitherway)

If they knew for sure (for example) that Gerrard erupted in a fit of rage, jumped across a bar, glassed a man in the face before kicking his teeth out on the ground, I doubt you if you would have seen such a statement.

Says it all really. Disgraceful carry on from a thug of a player.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement