Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech question re boards font

Options
  • 29-12-2008 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Girls :D

This forum was the least embarassing place to post this question!!!

My 14 month old (a pc nerd already) slapped the keyboard of my laptop and now the print for boards is so small its driving me nuts but I can't find where to change the font/appearance. All I want is bigger writing not to change my colour scheme.

Anybody tell me how to do that?? :)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What browser do you use, Internet Explorer, Mac Safari, Firefox?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Hold the Ctrl key down and use the scroll button on your mouse to make the font bigger and smaller.

I would close this but I'm off to work shortly so I'll leave it open so the ladies can show you the error of your ways in assuming they're non-technical. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

100% of responses have been from males so far:o

you can also press ctrl and + or -

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

As Zaph says you can do CTRL and scroll, or in Firefox you can go to View - Zoom - Zoom Out. In Internet Explorer go to View - Text Size - Larger.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Tell your 14-month old to think about what he/she has done. Then get him/her to put it right.

Withhold food, the internet and TV until all is back to normal. And stop putting gin in his/her bottle. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Tell your 14-month old to think about what he/she has done. Then get him/her to put it right.

Withhold food, the internet and TV until all is back to normal. And stop putting gin in his/her bottle. :D

:pac:

He thinks that the laptop is his as we look at the Playhouse Disney site so everytime I log on he legs it over to see Mickey Mouse.............what have I created :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Zaph wrote: »
    Hold the Ctrl key down and use the scroll button on your mouse to make the font bigger and smaller.

I would close this but I'm off to work shortly so I'll leave it open so the ladies can show you the error of your ways in assuming they're non-technical. Best of luck!

Didn't post assuming the ladies were non-technical, just reckoned this was the place I would get the least slagging :p

Thanks to all of you for your replies, I now have font suitable for reading from a distance :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well seeing as you've got sorted and the ladies have obviously decided to avoid this thread I think we're done here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement