Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Photography Exhibition at DCC - reality planning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I "may" submit a print
    and...you'll have mine tomorrow.

Can you give me an idea of when I should come and collect the prints you have by the way? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

I "may" submit a print
    Just got my Prints from steve and they are quality, he kindly left the mounting till I arrived so i could see the process and the attention to detail is worth the €.

On the collection front maybe someone southside could collect from steve and drop to DCC rather thatn Calina crossing the city twice, I would offer but cannot commit to anything timebound due to family reasons jsut now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

I "may" submit a print
    steve, where are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

foxrock

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭4sb

Steve

If I can be of any assistance, I am free-ish weekdays at present.
    Have car and am right beside you.

4sb (Kazi)

cool kazi, thanks for the offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Simplicius

I "may" submit a print
    stcstc wrote: »
    foxrock

Hi Steve, are you going to be back in DCC this coming Tuesday? I am just wondering what is handiest for you to pass back the mounted prints. I assume I can just leave them there for Calina to pass onto the Judging commitee.

by the way, sorry I couldn't stick around for your talk but had to be elsewhere.

Anthony

no sorry would you belive i am doing the same talk in tallaght on tuesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

I "may" submit a print
    Will be firing off my prints to you tomorrow Steve...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I also (like AnimalRights) don't have the plugin to FTP. I'm on a work PC, where admin rights don't allow me to update software, or.... is it possible to get the plugin (even with restrictions) ?
    I'm using Win XP with IE 6.
    My last resort would be to try and use an Internet Cafe or someones personal PC....! Any ideas pls.......

where you based??

the other option is to drop out to me with a cd or something

Cork at the mo.....

ah ok

is there maybe someone else down there that could ftp them for you

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

What size are the files?

Would it be possible to email them as attachments?

The jpeg would be 5.6MB or in TIFF format they would be 22MB. Which is better for printing ?
    Oh, and whats the e-mail address ? (or PM me the address if thats better).

• Advertisement

at the size they are bing printed, no one will be able to tell the difference

you can mail them to me

pixels@360-dpi.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

I "may" submit a print
    windows explorer allows you to ftp files, thats what i used!!

put in steve's ftp address in the address field on the top of the explorer window
    once you put in the valid address, then one of two things will happen you'll get a ftp dialog box asking for user name and password
    or
    you'll get a message "could not find address" or something like that, if this happens go to file and select "Log On As"
    this should bring up the dialog box
    after that you log on and are connected to the ftp site and you can simply drag and drop your files

:)

Sorry, Fionn, tried that, but nothing happening !
    get a message "could not find address" or something like that, if this happens go to file and select "Log On As"
    this should bring up the dialog box

I'm getting this blank error allright but no option to 'Log On As' !!

Edit: I'd say I'm missing some GUI software/plugin. I see in the 'Command Prompt' that I have FTP but this looks complicated !

ok guys

I have to get all the images finished in next few days

anyone that still need to submit please do it before wednesday morning.

there are a few people that have submitted that havent paid me too, so can those people get in touch etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 Heinlein

I "may" submit a print
    stcstc, just noticed this topic, and am sure you said that before, sorry about it, but how do we pay to you? Through PayPal?

And many thanks for the effort!

• Advertisement

yea through paypal or u can meet me and cash

pm me when you have uploaded and will sort out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I "may" submit a print
    Hi steve PM sent problem sorted... Thanks for sorting the printing as well. oh and while I'm at it

Thank you Callina and everyone else who helped get this idea off the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I "may" submit a print
    I love calina and Steve too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

i love janer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I "may" submit a print
    I love calina and Steve too.
    stick-dan wrote: »
    i love janer

What's with the love fest....

... just remembered Valentines Day is Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

I "may" submit a print
    Hi Calina, how many prints made the Valentine's Day deadline?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Are there any Prints that are NOT coming from Steve, that need to get to DCC?

The Selection will take place very soon, so they all need to be there.

i have about 64 prints done from people

That's great.

How many individual photographers are represented?

errrr cant remember maybe 30 ish

• Advertisement

That should work out well. We will probably have room for 30 photo's in the Gallery & one in the window.

I "may" submit a print
    CabanSail wrote: »

The Gallery is open each Saturday from 11am to 5pm & is attended by Club Members.
    Can non members attend and where is this place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I "may" submit a print
    Can non members attend and where is this place?
    Anybody can go in and have a gander. Not sure exactly when it's open but I'm fairly sure it's open most of Sat & Sun's. It's located in Dublin Camera Club, which is at 10 Lower Camden Streed, Dublin 2

I "may" submit a print
    Hi.

first, I have to say thanks to Cabansail who gets to update this thread when I am stuck at work most days.

Couple of things:

1) I will be collecting photographs from ststc tomorrow.

2) I know that one person has already delivered photograph(s) to Dublin Camera Club.

3) ANYONE who has photographs which are not accounted for in 1 or 2 above needs to contact me ASAP to tell me a) who they are and b) how they expect to get their photographs in. I need to get them to Dublin Camera Club this week.

4) I also need to match names to users by the way so if you are not sure that I know your name to username, please drop me a PM.

5) If you are interested in picture swap at the end, can you let me know?

kjt wrote: »
    Anybody can go in and have a gander. Not sure exactly when it's open but I'm fairly sure it's open most of Sat & Sun's. It's located in Dublin Camera Club, which is at 10 Lower Camden Streed, Dublin 2

The Gallery is at 10 Lower Camden St D2 & is open to the the public from 11am to 5pm on a Saturday. It is usually manned in 3 shifts (11- 1, 1-3, 3-5) by club members, but this duty can also be undertaken by people from this forum who are not members.

If we have extra volunteers, the Gallery can be opened at other times too.

I "may" submit a print
    Would it be possible to show this exhibition elsewhere after its done in the Dublin CC, maybe take it down to Cork?

I "may" submit a print
    Okay.

I collected a bunch of prints from Steve today and can I say what a talented bunch you/we all are - they are fantastic. Kudos to Steve as well.

For those of you excluding sineadw (because I know) who are submitting photographs but have not had Steve do the print and/or mount, can you please contact me urgently? DCC are doing the selection very, very soon and so I need the mounted prints ASAP. By ASAP I mean ASAP. Selection is currently scheduled to be this weekend and I am flying to Germany on Friday at 4pm to have a two day holiday with a friend and her two young children.

DodgyKeeper, the original plan with this was to move it to other locations around the country too, or possibly run a second one elsewhere. The locations of choice at the time were Waterford (because there seemed to be a good crew down there) or Cork (likewise). Galway was also in the running.

The exhibition in Dublin is happening because some people like CabanSail in particular have gone out on a limb to make this happen and of course, Dublin Camera Club have been hugely, hugely helpful to this. I just tweak and push little things here and there.

In the event that we were to look at making it happen somewhere else, I really need a local volunteer to help in terms of finding a location. Libraries are one possibility, for example. We don't really have that support right now because obviously, getting it off the ground here took a good bit longer than planned initially (life gets in the way).

The Dublin exhibition finishes up near the end of April. I basically think we should see how it goes and if the feedback is positive, look at doing a second one and the location will be up for grabs. Wherever it goes, we will need a local to come on board with the organisation.

I "may" submit a print
    I will have a word with Tallaght Libary and the new Arts Centre in Tallaght Rua Red to see if they would be interested.

I "may" submit a print
    I will have a word with Tallaght Libary and the new Arts Centre in Tallaght Rua Red to see if they would be interested.

• Advertisement

I "may" submit a print
    The exhibition shouldn't leave Dublin for the sticks and that includes Tallaght.

:cool:

Now that the Prints have been submitted we need to start planning the Exhibition Launch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 Heinlein

I "may" submit a print
    CabanSail, could you or someone else please post the names of those whose photos were submitted? Not sure about the others, but I never heard back from stcstc if he received the files, printed them or not. I guess he hasn't had the time to respond to 40 or so people, that's understood, and that's ok ;)

Thanks!

I "may" submit a print
    I prefer not to, but I've a list of the photos that came from Steve last night and I'll check you're on it.

I "may" submit a print
    A small logistical point on taking this exhibition on the road: I presume DCC will want their frames back when this wraps up, so we would need to figure this into the equation for further exhibitions down the line.

Just a thought.

DCC will keep the frames.

There has also been talk of selling the prints for Charity at the Exhibition Launch, which would mean that the prints would go to the purchasers after it closes.

The Prints on display will be the selection done at DCC, but like all judging or selection it is subjective, and tailored to the room available. Someone else may well pick a whole different set of images.

• Advertisement

I "may" submit a print
    Good point about the prints being sold off for charity, somehow I managed to forget about that. Can't think who came up with that notion:o:P

if needs be i could get frames at a reasonable rate etc

I "may" submit a print
    Let me know if I can do anything to help wth the launch, I know the owner of an Indian Restaurant around the corner may do something foodwise if thats cool in DCC!

Normally would just have some Wine & Minerals for a launch. Food gets a bit messy

I "may" submit a print
    I just bring an extra napkin and a plastic knife and fork....mess free all the way tbh

• Advertisement
Advertisement