Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Photography Exhibition at DCC - reality planning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭nilhg

I "may" submit a print
    As I said yesterday I'm happy to bring along a few bottles to share on the night or if it suits better to contribute the money, but somebody better post up an address or paypal account to send it to.

I hope we are not all taking Scotland too much for granted, talking about grand slam deciders..........

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Thanks for the offers of wine & money etc. You are indeed a generous lot.

There will probably be an announcement soon. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I "may" submit a print
    Okay.

1) We have a budget for the launch night so that's okay. All thanks the powers that be in boards.ie.

2) We now need a little publicity. I'm thinking blogs and twitter and signatures. We are looking at a banner or a sitewide announcement. I will talk to anyone who wants to talk to me about this.

3) On Launch night we need people to wash glasses.

4) We will need people to do gallery duty on the weekends if possible. I know that Dublin Camera Club will usually have a member there but I would really really like it if some boardsies could be there as well.

5) Haven't received pen pictures from everyone. Please, please let me have something.

6) the night of the launch i am on call from work. Won't be drinking. If I'm around on closure night, however, and am not on call from work, I will definitely be on for a few drinks.

7) Are there any unsold copies of the book around? Need to know to night because if not I will order a couple to put in the gallery.

8) I wish the sun was shining and it wasn't freezing cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I "may" submit a print
    I will nominate myself for glass washing...

Pen pictures???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

I "may" submit a print
    hey all
    unfortunately i wont be available for this, one of my son's 21st B/day the same night.
    Anyhow if someone is collecting a few €€€'s i'l gladly contribute (just point me in the direction of the collection bucket/hat)
    I hope someone will photograph the occasion and post it up!!! :)

@ trishw78 - Pen picture = a couple of words about yourself and your photography etc. :)

well done all who've got involved :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I "may" submit a print
    What is pen picture? Picture drawn with a pen? If so, picture of what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

ThOnda wrote: »
    Fionn wrote: »
    @ trishw78 - Pen picture = a couple of words about yourself and your photography etc. :)

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I "may" submit a print

Picture of what?
    Picture of the pen your drawing the picture of!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

We will be hanging the Exhibition on Sat 21st March & it will be closing on Sat 2nd May.

So Gallery Duty will be on March 28 April 4, 11, 18, 25 & May 2

Ussually 3 sessions per day, 11-1, 1-3, 3-5.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

I "may" submit a print
    CabanSail wrote: »
    We will be hanging the Exhibition on Sat 21st March & it will be closing on Sat 2nd May.

So Gallery Duty will be on March 4, 11, 18, 25 & May 2

Ussually 3 sessions per day, 11-1, 1-3, 3-5.

I'll gladly do a few hours any (or more) Saturdays you like.

Calina: will send you some blurb tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭4sb

Yes, willing to do a Saturday or two - the 1-3 or 3-5 sessions suit me better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I "may" submit a print
    Awh looks like I'm training that weekend so won't be making the launch :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

I'll help out on the Saturdays too except maybe a couple when I am away.

If there is a contribution needed for food/drink just let me know too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I "may" submit a print
    Ok just sent the pen picture. What time is this kicking off at? Is it 8pm cause I will be doing my pre marriage course that Saturday and Sunday near town so I should be able to make it.

Planning on opening the doors at 7.30 & the formalities kicking off at about 8pm(ish)

Hopefully we can close up at about 9.30 & when things are packed away & washing up is done, head to the Pub.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

I "may" submit a print
    gandalf wrote: »
    Ok just sent the pen picture. What time is this kicking off at? Is it 8pm cause I will be doing my pre marriage course that Saturday and Sunday near town so I should be able to make it.

You bringing the camera along?:p

I "may" submit a print
    ... So Gallery Duty will be on March 4, 11, 18, 25 & May 2...
    More likely April Saturdays than in March ;)
    I'll see my schedule, but if I am still here, I'll try my best to serve my duty.

... So Gallery Duty will be on March 4, 11, 18, 25 & May 2...
    More likely April Saturdays than in March ;)

Ohhh ok ..... if you have to be pedantic. :rolleyes:

Wonder if I can get away with saying it was a test to see who would notice? ;)

I also forget about March 28!

I "may" submit a print
    Covey wrote: »
    You bringing the camera along?:p

The cameras will be given to the other halfs nephew and niece and they can go wild taking shots. At 18 & 13 and they have a good eye.

We however have engaged a professional for our shots and have gone through what we want from him. Before any one gives out to me why I didn't ask here he's French as the wedding is in Normandy :)

If the future missus sees me near a camera or laptop on the big day I will be in big trouble !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

I "may" submit a print
    gandalf wrote: »
    The cameras will be given to the other halfs nephew and niece and they can go wild taking shots. At 18 & 13 and they have a good eye.

We however have engaged a professional for our shots and have gone through what we want from him. Before any one gives out to me why I didn't ask here he's French as the wedding is in Normandy :)

If the future missus sees me near a camera or laptop on the big day I will be in big trouble !!!

I meant to the pre-marriage course :o:p;)

• Advertisement

Hope to see lots of you at the Launch next Saturday night.

Looking forward to seeing these images on the walls.

I will need to get the jpegs of the images by Thursday to get the slideshow ready for the window. The images should 1024 pixels on the longest side. Email them to me at dub2photo(at)hotmail.com

I "may" submit a print

I will need to get the jpegs of the images by Thursday to get the slideshow ready for the window. The images should 1024 pixels on the longest side. Email them to me at dub2photo(at)hotmail.com

Looking forward to meeting you and all the others Saturday night, can I just ask for a bit of clarification on the slideshow? You want jpegs of the images submitted in print, but which are not going to be hung? Even those submitted to stcstc?
    And presumably the screen they will be shown on is in landscape mode, is there any point submitting portrait mode shots?

Sorry for all the questions but better to be clear.....

All submitted images, selected or not.

The Screen is Landscape but Portrait will still display, just slightly smaller of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

I "may" submit a print
    Do you need to us to resend the jpegs to you that were already given to stcstc?

I "may" submit a print
    I think that would be a good thing to do, if you can Rob.

I "may" submit a print
    I wouldn't mind an idea of who's coming along to the official opening on Saturday?

Start off is around 7.30 (ie after the match).

I "may" submit a print
    Yep I'll be there with the missus. Have to try and find where I saved the versions of the piccies I submitted. Hope to have those sorted tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I "may" submit a print
    yeap I'll be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I "may" submit a print
    I certainly intend to be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I 'hope' to be there !

/I owe stcstc 50cent !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i will be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

I "may" submit a print
    I'll be along with Mrs dakar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

I have just e-mailed a jpeg of the Sweet William flower with waterdrops, as requested. (I am Rosewoodoil on Flickr).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Someone take a camera and get some pics will be nice to see :) (As if it wasn't going to happen :pac: )

I "may" submit a print
    I'll be there, trying to persuade The Boss to drive me, so I can sample the fine wine..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 Heinlein

I "may" submit a print
    One or two more wine consuming and pointlessly shooting entities here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

I plan on attending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

I can't attend on Sat (stupid snowboarding hols...oh wait!) But will be in to look as soon as I'm back. Best of luck, hope the night goes well.

Was there any further thought on paying for the wine and such and also on who should attend from the group while the gallery is open?

I "may" submit a print
    The images should 1024 pixels on the longest side. Email them to me at dub2photo(at)hotmail.com

Do you want bigger photos downsized or is that a minimum size that you want?

• Advertisement

jaqian wrote: »
    Do you want bigger photos downsized or is that a minimum size that you want?

That is the size that we use to display on the Monitor.

So downsize larger images that were sent in for printing.

I "may" submit a print
    That is the size that we use to display on the Monitor.

So downsize larger images that were sent in for printing.

Thanks. Emailed photos to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I "may" submit a print
    I will be attending.

I "may" submit a print
    is there still plans for a wine collection ?

I "may" submit a print
    is there still plans for a wine collection ?

No.......:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

I "may" submit a print
    I'm fairly sure I'll be there, though it means missing the rugby...... I know I could watch it in Dublin but don't fancy that TBH.

• Advertisement

I "may" submit a print
    oooh! a mysterious benefactor has stepped in?

I "may" submit a print
    Oh my, I have to find a pencil to draw a picture!

I "may" submit a print
    Resized images sent.

Cya all Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

timing fail, i'm not in dublin this weekend :(

calina i sent you a spiel on gmail but pm me if you didn't get it for whatever reason - if it isn't too late.

have i missed the submission for the slideshow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

I "may" submit a print
    Hi all,
    Sent in the reduced files, unfortunately I wont be in attendance on the night - hope everyone has a great time at it and i expect some good photographic coverage :)
    Well done to the organisers

thanks

:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement