Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cable TV problem

Options
  • 29-12-2008 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi folks, I live in a house which is supposed to have cable TV service. I recently applied for a broadband service, UPC to be exact. And after the technician checked my house he said it's a "covered up case", which means you have the slot but somehow no signal coming out. So I wonder if there's some kind of gov department I can go to complain about or I have to hire some sort of engineer to solve this problem. I am a newcomer so not very familiar with such stuff. Thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If I am reading this right then my guess is that you have a telephone junction box but your telephone line is not connected.

Is this correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 bzylg010

bazz26 wrote: »
    If I am reading this right then my guess is that you have a telephone junction box but your telephone line is not connected.

Is this correct?

no, i want to use chorus broadband and it requires TV cable, and when the technician came to my house he said "covered up chase"(maybe, since I don't know it's meaning). So now I wonder who i can go to to fix all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

You might be better off heading to Broadband forum or something. Probably get a better response from people who know about this kinda stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

bzylg010 wrote: »
    no, i want to use chorus broadband and it requires TV cable, and when the technician came to my house he said "covered up chase"(maybe, since I don't know it's meaning). So now I wonder who i can go to to fix all this.

I presume by this that he meant that the wall was chased ( chiselled out ) the cable was inserted and then plastered back up again .......... how this would effect you getting BB is beyond me .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

jonski wrote: »
    I presume by this that he meant that the wall was chased ( chiselled out ) the cable was inserted and then plastered back up again .......... how this would effect you getting BB is beyond me .
    they might be offering satellite broadband instead of cabled broadband like eircom do?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

exiot wrote: »
    they might be offering satellite broadband instead of cabled broadband like eircom do?
    Yea this sounds like it.

Advertisement