Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 Classics - Nintendo DS

Options
  • 29-12-2008 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

hi all...hope you all had a good crimbo :)

i just bought the new game/programme (its not a game but you buy it like a game in the game section :confused: ) called 100 Classics and it is 100 classic books which you read on your DS.

now usually i wouldn't bother with any of those e-reade type things but seeing as i already had a nintendo ds i thought i would give it a shot.

i read alot but have never really approached the classics and was only saying before cristmas that i wanted to but didn't know where to start! then i turn on the tv on xmas day and see an ad for this!!

just started phantom of the opera....delighted with my new purchase. means i can carry around 100 books for the weight of a very small paper back!!

thought some of you might be interested....its just 30e

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Yes, but the beauty of your book pile will be greatly diminished :D

Guess nobody cares about that but me. That is a massive saving though, like those would be at least 100 euro if you bought them any other way, but then again you had to pay for the ds too

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

unfortunatly i dont have room to keep many books (except my faves)

ah sure i already had the ds and (to be honest) i was a bit bored of it but now i love it again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭manicmonoliths

I prefer to have an actual book in front of me when reading, I really find it difficult to read E-books and the likes. Plus I like having the book to put on my bookshelf when I'm done with it, kind of like a trophy or something, t'is quite sad really haha.

But I can definitely see things like this taking off in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I was hoping Santa would take the numerous hints I dropped about the Sony e-reader, but he got confused and gave me someone else's digital camera (presumably so I could take photos of other people's books and read them at my leisure).

I only saw the ad for this 100 classics thing for the DS last night. Cannot WAIT to get my hands on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I prefer to have an actual book in front of me when reading, I really find it difficult to read E-books and the likes. Plus I like having the book to put on my bookshelf when I'm done with it, kind of like a trophy or something, t'is quite sad really haha.

But I can definitely see things like this taking off in the near future.

I'm the same as yourself.
    Only last month, all my childhood books - Sweet Valley High, Goosebumps, Point Horrors etc - went into the charity box.

The only book I've ever e-read was Fight Club, tough going on the eyes and then it disappeared when I had to clean the computer, so it's iffy in that sense.

Though looking at the list of the 100 books, I'm not so sure, I've read over half of them already:

http://www.videogamer.com/news/01-12-2008-10068.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement