Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Champion Injured

• 29-12-2008 1:32pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭

PWPix.net

According to several fans in attendance at tonight's SmackDown brand house show in Raleigh, North Carolina, reigning WWE Divas Champion Maryse suffered a traumatic injury during her match.

Maryse and Natalya were wrestling The Bella Twins in the third match on the show. As Maryse worked one of the twins over in the corner, she suddenly collapsed to the mat. She appeared to have blown out her knee as she was seen clutching it.

What followed was an awkward scene in which Natalya stood on the apron not knowing what to do while The Bella Twins went around the ring playing up to the crowd. Special guest referee Kung Fu Naki stood over Maryse talking to her. The road agent for the match threw up the "X signal" and a number EMTs, referees and road agents hit the ringside area. Meanwhile, Natalya entered the ring and made one of the twins submit to the sharpshooter to put an end to the match. Maryse was then carted off on a stretcher.

This is a horrible break for Maryse as she beat Michelle McCool just last week to become the new WWE Divas Champion. It goes without saying that she'll be forced to relinquish her newly won title and take several months off due to the injury as well

That sucks for Maryse id say Mc Cool will get the belt back now :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

In more important news than a womens title though it means the WWE will have to find someone else to do the Playboy Mania thing

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SASR

That's a shame, I'd stampede it into her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Why Mayrse?!!! sad0147.gif
    I do hope its not serious though, and she can make a speedy recovery, the girl is awesome and no I am not saying that just because she is the prettiest thing in the WW right now, also you hae to love how she stays in character when injured:p

Reports are coming in that at the Raleigh, North Carolina House show, WWE Divas Champion Maryse suffered a knee injury. Maryse was tagging with Natalya against the Bella Twins, and when Maryse hit the ropes early in the match, she collapsed to the mat, screaming and holding her knee. Special Referee King Fu Naki checked on her, and she ended up lying on the mat until the match was finished. Referee Charles Robinson came to the ring, the ladies quickly did a finish to the match and then EMT's were able to attend to Maryse. They used the stretcher to take her away, while she demanded her belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

Apparently the WWE has been running injury angles with the divas over the past few days, for some reason, so this might not be legit. * crosses fingers* They did similar angles with Layla and Maria as well, but in Maryse's case the X sign was used, stretcher brought out etc. Obviously it sucks if she's really injured as she has been progressing lately and getting over. I guess they could bring back Gail now, in a diva tournament or battle royal for the title, and have her feud with heel McCool until Maryse returns for a 3 way feud. Still sucks if she's injured though. :(

Apparently the WWE has been running injury angles with the divas over the past few days, for some reason, so this might not be legit. * crosses fingers* They did similar angles with Layla and Maria as well, but in Maryse's case the X sign was used, stretcher brought out etc. Obviously it sucks if she's really injured as she has been progressing lately and getting over. I guess they could bring back Gail now, in a diva tournament or battle royal for the title, and have her feud with heel McCool until Maryse returns for a 3 way feud. Still sucks if she's injured though. :(

Yep the SD division needs something, with Nat and Vicky buried, the Bella twins **** and Maria the only slightly creditable face on the brand. Introducing Gail would make boost it hell giving Nat a long deserved push would help the division. She is going to have to end her association with Victoria though, being stuck with Victoria helps nobody these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

A shame.

She's probably the most talented on Smackdown.

McTaker will probably have another run with it now.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Yep the SD division needs something, with Nat and Vicky buried, the Bella twins **** and Maria the only slightly creditable face on the brand. Introducing Gail would make boost it hell giving Nat a long deserved push would help the division. She is going to have to end her association with Victoria though, being stuck with Victoria helps nobody these days.

Well, Victoria has hinted at her impending retirement on a few occasions now. I reckon after that happens Natayla will be pushed as a contender to Gail's Diva Championship, while possibly managing the New Hart Foundation as well. Natalya is well overdue a push, she's one of the most talented workers in either WWE or TNA.

Oh and Maryse's injury has been confirmed on wwe.com. :(

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/maryseinjured

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Well, Victoria has hinted at her impending retirement on a few occasions now. I reckon after that happens Natayla will be pushed as a contender to Gail's Diva Championship, while possibly managing the New Hart Foundation as well. Natalya is well overdue a push, she's one of the most talented workers in either WWE or TNA.

Natalya has a really poor look though (read ugly). Even when Victoria was in her prime she was pretty enough and you can be a great worker but if your an unattractive woman your going to have a really difficult time going over in the WWE. She'll just end up like Jazz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Confirmed on WWE.com:
    Newly-crowned Divas Champion Maryse injured
    Written: December 29, 2008

Divas Champion Maryse dislocated her kneecap at a WWE Live Event this past weekend in Raleigh, N.C., just days after defeating Michelle McCool to become the golden girl of SmackDown.

It is unclear how much time Maryse may miss due to the injury.

Stay with WWE.com as more details become available.

Ouch! :(

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Natalya has a really poor look though (read ugly). Even when Victoria was in her prime she was pretty enough and you can be a great worker but if your an unattractive woman your going to have a really difficult time going over in the WWE. She'll just end up like Jazz

I agree that unless you have a certain look you will find it tough to get over in the WWE, but still I think women such as Natalya are valuable to WWE in other ways. Some fans look for more then big boobs and skimpy outfits in wrestling matches. Natalya's role, much like Jazz's was, will be to put on solid wrestling matches, hold things together in their with less experienced girls, and of course to put over the latest flavor of the month. Having those abilities make Natalya just as valued an addition to the roster as someone with great looks but poor wrestling ability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Confirmed on WWE.com:

Newly-crowned Divas Champion Maryse injured
    Written: December 29, 2008

Divas Champion Maryse dislocated her kneecap at a WWE Live Event this past weekend in Raleigh, N.C., just days after defeating Michelle McCool to become the golden girl of SmackDown.

It is unclear how much time Maryse may miss due to the injury.

Stay with WWE.com as more details become available.

Ouch! :(

It's actually a comparatively minor injury (i.e. it's not ligament damage). I've actually had this exact injury on 3 occassions now myself, the most recent being this summer. With mine, the knee cap relocated itself so it was just a case of doing exercises/ physio/ resting to get rid of the swelling, followed by strengthening the surrounding quad muscles.

Obviously i'm not a Pro Wrestler (or seriously involved in any sport for that matter but i would be quite active) so the demands post recovery are different. 1st time i did it, i was back playing sports about a month-2 months later, not exactly rushing back into it. 3rd time i did it was by far the worst, so much so that surgery might be the best option in the long run.

I know that my experiences above are not necessarily applicable in this case but it is the same injury and shows that the time out is not too excessive. I hope it provides an insight though (and maybe even a glimmer of hope for Maryse fans, of which i am one!)

I agree that unless you have a certain look you will find it tough to get over in the WWE, but still I think women such as Natalya are valuable to WWE in other ways. Some fans look for more then big boobs and skimpy outfits in wrestling matches. Natalya's role, much like Jazz's was, will be to put on solid wrestling matches, hold things together in their with less experienced girls, and of course to put over the latest flavor of the month. Having those abilities make Natalya just as valued an addition to the roster as someone with great looks but poor wrestling ability.
    Yep the likes of Natty are vital for helping the young girls, her and Victoria are trying to teach the Bella twins how to wrestle:eek:
    P.S Natayla ugly? Seriously I know Vicky gets stick over her looks but I don't think I have ever heard much criticism about how Nat looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

are ye lads basing talent on looks :(

i don't get the maryse love, for one she looks so fake, everything about her fake, from the worst boob job in wwe (and thats saying something) to wearing a ton of makeup wrestling, WTF

oh and i find her sleep inducing in the ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

That's a bitter pill to swallow. I think Maryse is a great heel who really knows how to interact with her competitor and the audience. I was delighted when she won this past Friday on SD, that's how much I rate her (that and I don't like McCool).

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    That's a bitter pill to swallow. I think Maryse is a great heel who really knows how to interact with her competitor and the audience. I was delighted when she won this past Friday on SD, that's how much I rate her (that and I don't like McCool).

Yeah I was glad to see her win last Friday as well - pity it was such a short title reign. Hopefully she will be back in action soon.

Also:

"Now this is what should have been taught in school"

Thats a whole new meaning to Hamlet!!! Classic!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

SASR wrote: »
    That's a shame, I'd stampede it into her.

Grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I feel bad for the girl. Sucks to get hurt at Christmas especially for a Womens Champion :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I've read she will be back later this month. Here's hoping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

dsmythy wrote: »
    I've read she will be back later this month. Here's hoping.

Read that as well. Apparently, JR said in his blog that the injury wasn't as bad as 1st feared and that she should be back within the month. Great news in my opinion, as she is awesome!

Advertisement