Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT connection problems

Options
  • 29-12-2008 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

I am having trouble with my connection. Every now and again, the web just stops working, yet torrents will continue to download at full speed on my computer. my router is connected to other computers and the other can continue to surf no prob, yet my one can't?

I am reading this is happening to other people in other forums, but there is no real solution or reason given. It was suggested it was nod32 conflicting with utorrent, so I have disabled nod32, I have disabled my firewall, didn't help.
    I have restricted the number of connection utorrent can make, disabled DHT etc, didn't help.

The problem even happens if I don't run utorrent.

Is BT trying some weird traffic shaping or something?

If I turn off my router and turn it on again it starts working.

This is also happening to my friend, and he reloaded windows and it was still happening.

All of these things only started after the 7.6mb upgrades.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Check the line attenuation and the SnR for your connection if it's too high/low you will probably have connection problems. Maybe your upstream is having problems while your downstream is OK and therefore you have high speed downloads but choking when browsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

DSL Status: Up
    DSL Modulation Mode: GDMT
    DSL Path Mode: INTERLEAVED
    Downstream Rate: 7616 Kbps
    Upstream Rate: 672 Kbps
    Downstream Margin: 9 db
    Upstream Margin: 13 db
    Downstream Line Attenuation: 13
    Upstream Line Attenuation: 8
    Downstream Transmit Power: 0
    Upstream Transmit Power: 0

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

are those normal?
    It's not the choking because I have reduced my upload to 20k/s
    Made no difference.
    Never had any probs before that upgrade. eircom and bt can't get anything right.

Advertisement