Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group Training Sessions - Where & When

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Group session Sunday 22nd November
    Time: 10 AM

Distance: 24 miles
    Pace: 6:50 - 7mins/mile

Myself and my training partner are doing long run sunday morning in the park if anybody would like to tag along. We'll be doing at least 24miles but it'll be a a 5 mile loop so you can do whatever distance you like, maybe use it as a 10mile tempo or whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

This is great! A couple of runners are meeting up anyway, and a general "come if you like, here's the pace" no-pressure invitation is issued. It'd be great to see more of these posts, as they offer an additional option, over and above Shels4ever's hard work.

Of course, a lot of the time there'll be no takers, but the committed runners are no worse off than if they hadn't posted.

As soon as I get my act back together post-injury, I'll post whenever I'm going running. If nobody joins me, I'll still be running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

I'll be up in the park about 10am, but no way I'd be doing close to 7/min mile - more like 10:30min/mile. Am planning to get a 6mile run in, so I'll give ye a wave if I think I recognise a few boardsies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

what a day today , so wet out there this morning.

Group session Sat 28th November 10 AM
    Pheonix Park meet at Papal Cross.

4 X 1200/m @ 5k pace +15/20 seconds

[/LIST]
    This was the plan for this week , But look like i'll need to race on Sunday so wont do it myself. If anyone wants to give it a go , i'll still be in the park for an easy run/ warmup at 10am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

shels4ever wrote: »
    Group session Sat 28th November 10 AM

4 X 1200/m @ 5k pace +15/20 seconds

[/LIST]
    This was the plan for this week , But look like i'll need to race on Sunday so wont do it myself. If anyone wants to give it a go , i'll still be in the park for an easy run/ warmup at 10am.

What sort of recovery do you take between the intervals shels?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

ill be doin a 7/8 mile in the park meetin at the information center at 10am on thurs with aquagirl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

what a day today , so wet out there this morning.

Didn't manage to get up there till 11.45am, but dam I got soaked. Nice to be running in the rain again, but if the wind could relax for an hour or two in the morning that'd be class.

There was some sort of a cross country starting up there about 12 any idea's who was organising it? Looked like good craic.

What sort of recovery do you take between the intervals shels?

Taking 90 seconds want to build to 5 X 1500m after christmas so will keep the recovery the same untill then.

ultraman1 wrote: »
    ill be doin a 7/8 mile in the park meetin at the information center at 10am on thurs with aquagirl

what type or pace are you going to be going at? grass or road?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Where's that? Is that by the furry glen?

Where's that? Is that by the furry glen?

I'm not meeting anyone in the furry glen :eek:

ashtown demense..at the embassey roundabout about theres a sneaki road onthe opposite side of the embassey.its where the big playground is and the big cafe..........

shels4ever wrote: »
    what type or pace are you going to be going at? grass or road?
    both with a bit of muck trown in,pace will be no faster than 9:00min miles

both with a bit of muck trown in,pace will be no faster than 9:00min miles

might join you for a few miles, will let you know tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kandikane

Hi i started my new program and live local to the park and do my long runs every sunday so give me a shout in the new year when your up for a long run and we can sort something out

I'd be up for it. I'm usually in the park on Saturdays and/or Sundays except when I'm at Leeds matches. Be good to get some sessions together with others, I've always trained on my own mind so dunno how I'd like running with others. :D

chinguetti - theres a few of us training for Connemarama, Edinburgh and Cork(Edinburgh is on the day before Cork) so I'm sure there'll be some looking to do long runs in/from February. My last Connermara long run will be the last weekend of February have it in my diary for Sunday the 29th as I'm in Leeds on the Saturday, but the training plan I'm using as my guide for between Connemara and Edinburgh has two 20 milers in it.[/quote

Hi i live local to the park also and am training for paris and edinburgh and do my long runs sunday so if anyone is interested it would be great to have some company:)

I know most people wont be able to do this , but from next week i'll be doing a hill run either up Howth or back of saggart on Thursday mornings at 10am. distance will be 7-10 miles.

hi wont be able to do thursday sunday next week should be good for a 10 m ile run or so in the park if your about:)

Kandikane - what sort of pace will you be running?

• Advertisement

kandikane wrote: »
    hi wont be able to do thursday sunday next week should be good for a 10 m ile run or so in the park if your about:)

Won't be around this sunday as their is a race, but will be doing an easy 8-10 on Sundays after that too.

Hi will be running 8.50 ish pace im only after starting a new program for paris so taking it easy its a long run on my week one,Racoon Queen you training next sunday??

Hi Shells4ever,
    Sunday week is good for me for an easy pace 10 miler if that suits alright and anyone else who fancys it can tag along

I'm down for 15 this weekend but I might do that tomorrow to get it over with.

I'm down for 15 this weekend but I might do that tomorrow to get it over with.

Its my rest day tomorrow and im off work and gonna chill all day cant wait :)I have my hill training tonight after work in half an hour and thats me done till saturday

what sort of pace are you training at for your long runs?

Group session Sat 5th December 10 AM

4 X 1200/m @ 5k pace +15/20 seconds (
    1. Shels4ever

Anyone not running the jingle bells 5k next week i'll be doing the above session on sat morning. Plan is 5k warm up/Down .

Im working nights that weekend so will have to do it another time thanks anyway

Group session Sat 12th December 10 AM

2X 3k/m @ 10k pace +15/20 seconds (
    1. Shels4ever

If anyone is around this week I'll be doing 2 X 12mins tempos will be taking about 90-120 between them. If nobody is about let me know and i'lm just going to do it in the local park[

3.0 mile warm up
    30 mile warm down

• Advertisement

Hi Shels
    Only got this message today are you sure your dates are right did you mean the 12th of dec?If so im doing the 10k in the park on saturday hope your run goes well

Advertisement