Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group Training Sessions - Where & When

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

kandikane wrote: »
    Hi Shels
    Only got this message today are you sure your dates are right did you mean the 12th of dec?If so im doing the 10k in the park on saturday hope your run goes well

the post is the ne above, changed to 12th

Group session Sat 19th December 10 AM
    Pheonix Park meet at Papal Cross.

4X 1500m/m @ 5k pace +15/20 seconds

Will be doing a 10 miler @ 10am on Thursday 17th if anyone is about also.
    Planning on building up to try to be in better shape for National inters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

shels4ever wrote: »

would like to have made this but xmas party on friday night, just dont see it happening no matter how good i attempt to be.

kennyb3 wrote: »
    would like to have made this but xmas party on friday night, just dont see it happening no matter how good i attempt to be.
    Yep its that time of the year, i picked a nice time to start to increase my training too ;).

hill of howth run on the 26th if your up for it, just going to be 8 miles.

Yep its that time of the year, i picked a nice time to start to increase my training too ;).

if im around id be up for it. likely scenario is i ll be at herselfs folks house back in skerries. im in the same boat sure-want to push on with my training but parties, hangovers, shopping and the like will get in the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Now you're talking my language. Give me a shout closer to the date, I'll PM you my number. Could be just the solution for the Christmas excesses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

gonna do bout 2 hrs in pheonix park ,10 am at the info centre at astown demense if any one wants to tag along....no wierdos please

Not going to be doing this tomorrow something came up so will be saving myslef for sunday, not that anyone else would have been coming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

know the feelin:D

Still on? Let me know what time, earlier (10am?) the better pour moi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

christeb wrote: »
    Still on? Let me know what time, earlier (10am?) the better pour moi

Any time set for this? Would be on for running the turkey off... if anyone still on, let me know.

Drop me a pm / SMS there F, I mislaid your number since last time

As the group speed work sessions didnt seem to go down too well going to give this a shot for longer runs this Spring.

If anyone want to join in I'm going to be doing longish runs in Pheonix park on weekends. It will be a case of if people are joining i'll run in the park if not i'll run local.

Where : Papal Cross
    When : 10 am but open to change.
    Speed: 9min pace or slower.

There are enough pople of all levels that we should be able to get a couple of groups together for a weekly run, or so you would think...:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I really will try harder this time to get out and join you for one of these runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

Me too but I seem to be very busy at weekends these days. :rolleyes:

Any takers on a midweek run of similar pace in the park once we get some daylight? Maybe a Monday or Tuesday night to quick the week off.

stmochtas wrote: »
    Me too but I seem to be very busy at weekends these days. :rolleyes:

Any takers on a midweek run of similar pace in the park once we get some daylight? Maybe a Monday or Tuesday night to quick the week off.

Would certainly be interested in something in the Park midweek, keep me informed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭jlang

Hi Shels, I'd love to join you but doubt I'll be available for the next while. By voluntary agreement with my chief supporter (since the arrival of the junior supporter), I'm keeping my running to unsocial hours only - usually out the door by 7am and occasionally a sneaky run at 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

Hi Shels, Id be interested in a lsr in the park at weekends. Probably wouldnt make every one but would be there for a good few. Keep us posted on ore details

Prob well too late posting today but if anyone fancies joining me they are more than welcome

Where : ALSAA Track
    When : 6.45 - 7.00
    Session: 10* 400m reps @ 95secs per rep, with 400m recovery jog. 2k warm up, 2k warm down. Total 12k

Will prob try make this a regular thing but the night may change the odd week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Prob well too late posting today but if anyone fancies joining me they are more than welcome

Session: 10* 400m reps @ 95secs per rep, with 400m recovery jog. 2k warm up, 2k warm down. Total 12k

Alsaa's the place at the airport, right?

I'd be interested in this for a few weeks on a wednesday alright. Not able tonight tho.

• Advertisement

Alsaa's the place at the airport, right?

that the one alright.

Grand, well i'll keep and eye on this and if you're going next week i'll prob join ya

Be interesting to see what I can do!!

You going with this again this wednesday?

You going with this again this wednesday?
    unfortunately not, too soon after sundays race and have achilles niggle. with luck next week but more likely 2 weeks time. no issues re using track so i would suggest going down yourself.

Any one interested in 13 mile @ 8:30-9:00 pace tomorrow morning in the park. I am heading in anyway so let me know and I will try and meet up.

stmochtas wrote: »
    Any one interested in 13 mile @ 8:30-9:00 pace tomorrow morning in the park. I am heading in anyway so let me know and I will try and meet up.

What time are you planning, ifits 10/10:30 Imight join your for 6 miles

What time are you planning, ifits 10/10:30 Imight join your for 6 miles

Sorry Shels that was for Sat morning. Today will be a struggle after a few pints last night :eek:

Anyone around phenoix park in the morning I'll be doing an easy 10 miles, Pace will be slow 8:45/9. Not sure on time yet but anytime before 12.

Anyone around phenoix park in the morning I'll be doing an easy 10 miles, Pace will be slow 8:45/9. Not sure on time yet but anytime before 12.
    shels just seen your post laptop died over the weekend, id be up for the same thing next week if it was the sat? i have 16 planned and a trip to the park for a change might be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭foleyalan

Howaya, i might be able to join you this Saturday if you are still running. Earlier the better.

Advertisement