Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group Training Sessions - Where & When

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

shels4ever wrote: »
    Where: Papal Cross Car Park - Phoenix Park
    When : Sat 19th June, 9:30am
    What : 10mile easy (9min/ml)
    Who:
    gerard65
    Shels4ever

I might head out at about 9am for a run so might join you if you're still there when I get there/if I'm not there too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭eoin ryan

When : Sat 19th June, 9:30am
    What : 10mile easy (9min/ml)
    Who:
    gerard65
    Shels4ever

Might join if thats ok...? Can't get motivated on my tod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

eoin ryan wrote: »
    Might join if thats ok...? Can't get motivated on my tod
    Yep. All are welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I'll deffo Be there. RQ I can give you alift up if you want. I'll be doing 14.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

OK, setting the alarm*, probably won't do the full 10 with you guys cos it's 2.5 for me to get there, but will do some if I make it. Don't hang around waiting for me though!

*may be turned off and ignored...

• Advertisement

menoscemo wrote: »
    I'll deffo Be there. RQ I can give you alift up if you want. I'll be doing 14.

I'm hoping to go further so will probably run down to the park, that being said, the way I'm feeling now I'll be lucky to get to 10. Will give ya a text in the morning if I'm going to take you up on that. I could always just go for 14 with you as thats what I was hoping to hit anyway.

6 turned up for this.
    Nice run guys, thanks for the company and the chats.

I should have stayed with yee, I planned on going straight home from there but was feeling good so kept ploughing on.

Nice run this morning. These sessions are relaxed but if someone wants to do a couple of miles warm up and then go off at their own pace thats fine. No one will be offended, it just suit me atm to stay slow as I'll be running fast during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Yep very nice running out there today , nice day for it.

• Advertisement

When : Sat 26th June, 9:30am
    What : 10/11mile easy (9min/ml)
    Who:
    Shels4ever

When : Sat 26th June, 9:30am
    What : 10/11mile easy (9min/ml)
    Who:
    Shels4ever
    gerard65

Would love to but can't really justify it as I am running a half the next day. That said 10m is my medium long run for the week. Would that be a good Idea?

I might join in for 5 miles or so again if I don't do dunshauglin.

Would love to but can't really justify it as I am running a half the next day. That said 10m is my medium long run for the week. Would that be a good Idea?
    23 miles over 2 days maybe a bit much at this point in your program, you don't want to feck up next weeks training plan.

gerard65 wrote: »
    23 miles over 2 days maybe a bit much at this point in your program, you don't want to feck up next weeks training plan.

May join ya's for 5 or 6 instead then.
    Next weeks group training session moves to the Dublin mountains though right?

May join ya's for 5 or 6 instead then.
    Next weeks group training session moves to the Dublin mountains though right?

Think your better to stick with an easy 6 with us then racing the next day...

Dublin mountains is that the date for the race? I'd do some hill running but not for a couple more weeks until i get my long runs up in distance.

Think your better to stick with an easy 6 with us then racing the next day...

Dublin mountains is that the date for the race? I'd do some hill running but not for a couple more weeks until i get my long runs up in distance.

I think myself and gerard are planning on recceing the Mountain plod the weekend after next (saturday 3rd july). There may be a few others interested as well. Come along, it should be about 12 very slow over hills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Would tag along but doing the Dunshaughlin 10k. Just wondering if the run on Saturdays in the Park will be a regular feature during the summer as i'll try and make it Saturday week. 12 miles of mountains isn't that attractive a thought

chinguetti wrote: »
    Would tag along but doing the Dunshaughlin 10k. Just wondering if the run on Saturdays in the Park will be a regular feature during the summer as i'll try and make it Saturday week. 12 miles of mountains isn't that attractive a thought

Well I'm planning on doing a Sat long run for the summer , Would be nice to make it a regular thing.

• Advertisement

Great, all going well i'll be there Saturday week, wherever there is:)

Not feeling great now if I'm not 100% in the morning i'll skip this and do my long run on sunday.

won't be making it either. Forgot I had to work in the morning.

Hi folks, is anyone around for a few miles on Saturday morning in the Park? From looking at the thread, the usual start time is 9.30 and starting from the Papal Cross.

chinguetti wrote: »
    Hi folks, is anyone around for a few miles on Saturday morning in the Park? From looking at the thread, the usual start time is 9.30 and starting from the Papal Cross.
    Would normally do it, but I've planned on doing the course of the 'mountain plod' in the morning.

Where: Marley Park (Top car park on the M50 side)
    When : Sat 3rd July, 9:30am
    What : 'Mountain Plod' course. (12 -13mls) easy.
    Who:
    gerard65

Where: Marley Park (Top car park on the M50 side)
    When : Sat 3rd July, 9:30am
    What : 'Mountain Plod' course. (12 -13mls) easy.
    Who:
    gerard65
    menoscemo

Was going to text you there Gerard suggesting 9.30 myself. Greatminds think a like. I hope you have brought your internal compass!!

No worries, i'll do a run up the Royal Canal instead and have a lie in. Enjoy the Mountain Plod and hope the route planning goes well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Date : 5th July 11am
    Distance: 8 miles
    Pace: 7.00-7.30

If anyone wants to tag along more than welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

ecoli wrote: »
    Date : 5th July 11am
    Distance: 8 miles
    Pace: 7.00-7.30

If anyone wants to tag along more than welcome

What time? Here I'll PM you my number, send me a message let me know when you wanna go at..........

Just saw the 11am part. Thats grand. Meet you at the clubhouse? I'll PM you my number anyway just in case.

Advertisement