Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group Training Sessions - Where & When

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Going to be doing 10-12 miles early tomorrow if anyone wants to join in. Going to be an 8 or 9 am start at latest. Pace wont be faster then 8:50.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Hi all,

I'm a novice training for my first DCM, running 13 miles on Saturday morning next starting at Knockmaroon gate circa 9.30am pace is about 10 min/mile

Anyone want to tag along?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I've a 12 mile LSR that day, I might tag along for a few miles - which is the Knockmaroon gate?

(post this on the novices thread too, there's a few on 10 min/mile LSRs)

RayCun wrote: »
    I've a 12 mile LSR that day, I might tag along for a few miles - which is the Knockmaroon gate?

(post this on the novices thread too, there's a few on 10 min/mile LSRs)

Knockmaroon gate is in the south west corner of the park,
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=53.358218,-6.35607&daddr=&hl=en&geocode=&mra=mi&mrsp=0&sz=15&sll=53.358108,-6.356192&sspn=0.012243,0.037894&ie=UTF8&z=15

Can you send me a link to that thread as I can't see it?

This one! You can too see it :)

Okay, I know the gate. I can be there for about 9.30, though I'll already be halfway through my LSR...

• Advertisement

This one! You can too see it :)

Okay, I know the gate. I can be there for about 9.30, though I'll already be halfway through my LSR...

Sorry brain not working, I'll try and get down for 9, will confirm later in the week!:D

Prob going to take a spin around the 10 mile route this weekend at somepoint if anyone else wants to join in,

shels4ever wrote: »
    Prob going to take a spin around the 10 mile route this weekend at somepoint if anyone else wants to join in,

Hi Shels,

I'm doing the half marathon route Saturday morning around 9 if you're interested. The Wexican is up for it and Raycun is gonna tag along for a few miles - Rainbow Kirby might also come.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

To merge my response to the previous two, i intend to do 15 on Saturday morning so i'ld be interested in making it for 9.

Is there a common start line at the 10 mile start and what is the pace thats planned?

chinguetti wrote: »
    To merge my response to the previous two, i intend to do 15 on Saturday morning so i'ld be interested in making it for 9.

Is there a common start line at the 10 mile start and what is the pace thats planned?

The Start line for the 13 is just below the roundabout coming from the Castleknock gate don't know where the start for the 10 is though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

mrslow wrote: »
    The Start line for the 13 is just below the roundabout coming from the Castleknock gate don't know where the start for the 10 is though.

Same place. I think what chinguetti was asking was if that was where people were planning on meeting on Sat?

Had hoped to join you guys for a few miles too, but that early on a Saturday while on holidays isn't going to happen!

xebec wrote: »
    Same place. I think what chinguetti was asking was if that was where people were planning on meeting on Sat?

Had hoped to join you guys for a few miles too, but that early on a Saturday while on holidays isn't going to happen!

Aha, I'm gonna park on Ordnance road so maybe at the Framleigh turnoff? My pace is a blistering 9 - 10 minute mile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Sorry for sticking my nose in, but why don't you arrange to meet up at the Papal cross car park?

gerard65 wrote: »
    Sorry for sticking my nose in, but why don't you arrange to meet up at the Papal cross car park?

By meeting near a designated start line, everyone knows the route eliminating discussion on the best way to go:)

Thanks to xebec and gerard65 for the input.

Well i'll park in the Furze Road as its the nearest place but as i'm not round the weekend of the half, i'll be doing the 10 mile circuit.

Tis the lack of a Garmin makes my routes been pre-detemined. Now where my chalk and board?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Tis the lack of a Garmin makes my routes been pre-detemined. Now where my chalk and board?;)
    You need the Garmin Forerunner XXV:

AAAAAtF87zkAAAAAAKPt2w.jpg?v=1196631766000

Thats the one for me but it might be a bit heavy on the wrist though Krusty:D

I'll be going from the papal cross tomorrow along the 10 mile route, not too sure what time yet but will update when I know. Pace will be 9 min/mile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

I'll be going from the papal cross tomorrow along the 10 mile route, not too sure what time yet but will update when I know. Pace will be 9 min/mile

I'll be doing the 10 mile route on Sunday morning at 9am, also at around 9 min pace. Better start these lsrs for the DM

We're starting at the Knockmaroon gate tomorrow and running the 13 mile route, the extra bit at the start will shave a few loops off of the route making it a smoother run. Starting 9ish! P.M. for mobile if interested.:D

• Advertisement

Woddle wrote: »
    I'll be doing the 10 mile route on Sunday morning at 9am, also at around 9 min pace. Better start these lsrs for the DM

Actually might push mine back a day and join you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Actually might push mine back a day and join you.

Great stuff, would love the company

Anyone left for the 10 mile on Sat morning at 9? Sadly Sunday's out for me or i'ld have joined ye lads

Anyone left for the 10 mile on Sat morning at 9? Sadly Sunday's out for me or i'ld have joined ye lads

Hi Chinguetti, you could do 10 of our 13?

mrslow wrote: »
    Hi Chinguetti, you could do 10 of our 13?

NB. at 10 minute/mile pace

NB. at 10 minute/mile pace

What he said.

Mrslow, you're right. Sorry brain ain't firing today as i'm doing 15 miles tomorrow so 9am at knockmaroon gate it is then.

I'll pm you my mobile just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

hey guys, this may be a crazy Idea but I am flying back from new york tonight, landing at 5am saturday morning, so depending on how I feel (i.e. if I can't sleep), I may join you at knockmaroon gate. If not I will probably joing the sunday group. I will recognise Chinguetti but if someone could PM me their mobile, that would be great.

menoscemo wrote: »
    hey guys, this may be a crazy Idea but I am flying back from new york tonight, landing at 5am saturday morning, so depending on how I feel (i.e. if I can't sleep), I may join you at knockmaroon gate. If not I will probably joing the sunday group. I will recognise Chinguetti but if someone could PM me their mobile, that would be great.

Done!:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I might join yee in the morning if I'm up out of bed and my knee doesn't hurt. 5 minute rule of course, if I'm not there by 9:05 you lot are free to go, I might catch up on yee on the route if I'm late.

Advertisement