Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group Training Sessions - Where & When

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Cool.
    Which way are we going, mrslow? Up to the main road and then...?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

RayCun wrote: »
    Cool.
    Which way are we going, mrslow? Up to the main road and then...?

This is the route - http://dublinmarathon.ie/map10_halfmara.pdf

Plan is to head down Ordnance Survey Road onto Chesterfield Ave staying with the course with the exception of the loop by the zoo and the one at the Castleknock gate.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I might join yee in the morning if I'm up out of bed and my knee doesn't hurt. 5 minute rule of course, if I'm not there by 9:05 you lot are free to go, I might catch up on yee on the route if I'm late.

ok, if I come I'll give you a buzz and bring along your new shoes :D

So, how did this go? Unfortunately I crashed and burned as soon as I got home and am only getting up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I ran there, so only did a few miles before splitting off home, but mrslow, chinguetti, and the wexican were going strong last I saw. Faster than planned :) but looking good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Woddle wrote: »
    I'll be doing the 10 mile route on Sunday morning at 9am, also at around 9 min pace. Better start these lsrs for the DM

Just give this a little bump, shels is joining me also.
    We are going to meet at the start of the 10 mile route and then run it at around 9 min pace.
    http://dublinmarathon.ie/map10_10mile.pdf

Woddle wrote: »
    Just give this a little bump, shels is joining me also.
    We are going to meet at the start of the 10 mile route and then run it at around 9 min pace.
    http://dublinmarathon.ie/map10_10mile.pdf

Unfortunately this is now unlikely for me too. I am heading out tonight :rolleyes: I knew I should have HTFU'd and stayed awake for a few more hours this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

menoscemo wrote: »
    Unfortunately this is now unlikely for me too. I am heading out tonight :rolleyes: I knew I should have HTFU'd and stayed awake for a few more hours this morning.

I was out last night and had 1 too many, no running today but thankfully that's the end of my social commitments for a while

The run was great, hardly noticed the distance - all done in circa 2:10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Twas lovely to do my lsr with people for a change and i did a further 2 miles after i left mr slow.

I wore a singlet and have a nice shiny red on both my shoulders and i finished at 11.30 so bring the sunscreen for the morning lads. Saw Aero2k on our travels as well so all the celebs were out today:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭aero2k

chinguetti wrote: »
    I wore a singlet and have a nice shiny red on both my shoulders and i finished at 11.30 so bring the sunscreen for the morning lads. Saw Aero2k on our travels as well so all the celebs were out today:D

I was wishing I had a singlet on - It was cool at 8am but warmed up pretty quickly.

It was nice of you not to mention how I was struggling with the 6 min miles! (Krusty, if you're reading this, I mean I was struggling to keep the pace down and my legs wanted to do 5.45!:D)

aero2k wrote: »
    I was wishing I had a singlet on - It was cool at 8am but warmed up pretty quickly.

It was nice of you not to mention how I was struggling with the 6 min miles! (Krusty, if you're reading this, I mean I was struggling to keep the pace down and my legs wanted to do 5.45!:D)

Struggling??? I left my keys where I had stretched on Furze road and between dropping them and going back for them and strolling back down the road you passed me three times - not to mention the two occasions when I was running:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Track Session

Monday
    Time: any time after 6

Venue: Flexible (southside preferably)

Pace: 1.28 per 400m

Dunno is anyone doing a session tomorrow but i am doing 3ks and 2ks tomorrow @ 88 sec lap pace so if anyone was doing sessions of any distance around these kind of splits either 4s(1.28) 8s(2.56) or 1ks (3.40)

Anyone interested let me know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

ecoli wrote: »
    Track Session

Monday
    Time: any time after 6

Venue: Flexible (southside preferably)

Pace: 1.28 per 400m

Dunno is anyone doing a session tomorrow but i am doing 3ks and 2ks tomorrow @ 88 sec lap pace so if anyone was doing sessions of any distance around these kind of splits either 4s(1.28) 8s(2.56) or 1ks (3.40)

Anyone interested let me know?

If you leave it til Tuesday I'll jump in with you. Bit fecked after todays long run. You have my number so just text me and let me know what the story is.

Hi All,

Anyone interested in linking up for a 10 mile LSR at 10 min/mile pace Saturday morning at the Knockmaroon Gate @ 9am?

mrslow wrote: »
    Hi All,

Anyone interested in linking up for a 10 mile LSR at 10 min/mile pace Saturday morning at the Knockmaroon Gate @ 9am?

I think most will be doing the Frank 10 mile race this week. It starts at 10 am in the park, so the race will probably interfere with your LSR as well.

I think most will be doing the Frank 10 mile race this week. It starts at 10 am in the park, so the race will probably interfere with your LSR as well.

Thanks, I'm gonna try and avoid it as best I can.

I'm gonna go on Sunday instead - just too complicated with the race on!:)

Where: Ryans Pub Parkgate Street
    When: Saturday 21st of August from 12pm (directly after the Frank Duffy 10 mile Race
    Aim: Pints (hoping for about 8 or 9 myself, but the number depends on the individual)
    Pace: about 30 minutes per pint to start off with, but the pace may slow later.

So Who's up for this?

Confirmed so far:
    menoscemo
    Racoon Queen
    Robinph
    Onsola Ivax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

^ Might nip along, will only be for 1 though because there is a slight matter of a thesis to be written. :eek:

• Advertisement

Where: Ryans Pub Parkgate Street
    When: Saturday 21st of August from 12pm (directly after the Frank Duffy 10 mile Race
    Aim: Pints (hoping for about 8 or 9 myself, but the number depends on the individual)
    Pace: about 30 minutes per pint to start off with, but the pace may slow later.

So Who's up for this?

Confirmed so far:
    menoscemo
    Racoon Queen
    Robinph
    Onsola Ivax
    Rainbow Kirby

Bump, Anyone else up for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Yep, I'll be around for a while anyway :)

Hi All,

We have 5 confirmed so far for Saturday's LSR in the park, pace is 10 min mile starting at the Knockmaroon Gate, most are doing 15 - hope to see ye there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Might be able to make this too. The time and pace would suit. :-)

Aimman wrote: »
    Might be able to make this too. The time and pace would suit. :-)

Let me know and I'll PM my mobile we now have 7, 8 if you make it;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

If no one minds, i'll try and put together a 10 mile or so lap of the Park as a route (as i'm doing 20 and don't have a garmin) from Knocknamaroon gate back to the cars and i'll try and get the 15 miles to be near to the cars as well. I'll try and keep the hills to a minimum as well.

Also if people want to go faster than 10 min/miles, we can always split into a couple of groups but we can worry bout that on Saturday morning.

If no one minds, i'll try and put together a 10 mile or so lap of the Park as a route (as i'm doing 20 and don't have a garmin) from Knocknamaroon gate back to the cars and i'll try and get the 15 miles to be near to the cars as well. I'll try and keep the hills to a minimum as well.

Also if people want to go faster than 10 min/miles, we can always split into a couple of groups but we can worry bout that on Saturday morning.

Go for it!

Would like to join but my program says 16 with 12 @ PMP (8 min/mile). Maybe I'll meet youse for the first 4.

Would like to join but my program says 16 with 12 @ PMP (8 min/mile). Maybe I'll meet youse for the first 4.

Smashin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

I'm planning on 18 on Saturday morning @ 8:30 to 9:00 pace if you want company... Unfortunately, can't make it to the park until 11:00hrs though.

Advertisement