Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group Training Sessions - Where & When

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Hi Figs, 9am suits me as i'm timed up for the afternoon so have to get the long run out of the way as early as possible.

Next week i'm doing the 10k in Ardgillian but the following weekend i'm doing 18 or 21 so i'll check in then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Posted in novices marathon thread too, but may as well cross post here. Hoping to make it up for some of the run on Sat morning. Schedule says 19, but not sure how realistic that is... Does someone have the link to the route? Might not be able to make it to Knockmaroon for 9am and would like to pick you guys up somewhere along the way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Fortrath

Just noticed this thread. I usually run in Phoenix at 9 on Saturday every second week, with a friend or two. Should be able to make 9 tomorrow. Haven't met any of you yet. Would be good to do so. But don't wait around.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I woke up at 9:45 and laughed at you all. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Wow, what a turn out. There was a great crowd when I drove into the park. Didn't do a head count, but there must have been nearly 20 people in all. Was good to put a few more faces to names.

Wrecked my taper plan for Dingle though. Was only joining for 10 miles, but was enjoying the run and the company, so decided to tag along for the whole 15. Think everyone ran it comfortably, no one showed any difficulties and fair play to David for setting out a good route for us which took us out of the park and into the War Memorial park for a bit of variety.

Highlight of the day?.... When Chinguetti did his sheepdog impression at the Monument roundabout, trying to get us all back together when the group started splitting up a little. ;)

In fairness RQ, you could have dragged your ass out of bed and met us along the road in Chapelizard with drinks, jelly beans and bananas. :p

• Advertisement

I'm tapering, I deserved my rest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

I'm tapering, I deserved my rest!

Em.... Is this the same RQ that said 'pfffft' to tapering?:confused:

Aimman wrote: »
    Em.... Is this the same RQ that said 'pfffft' to tapering?:confused:

And the same one who's starting a 13 miler in about an hour:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Fortrath

Enjoyed last Saturday's run. Had to leave it after 10 miles, but was good to meet some of the brains behind the posts. Good call MrSlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Hi All,

The Wexican and I are meeting up around 8 o' clock on Tuesday evening for 8 miles if anyone is about? 9/9.30 pace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Wexican

Some of us from the Dublin Marathon novices thread are planning a 18/20 LSR at 10 min/mile pace tomorrow morning meeting at the Knockmaroon Gates for 9. The proposed route is two laps of the attached route, though we may reverse it for the second lap.

Pop a long if you're interested

http://www.mapmyrun.com/route/ie/phoenix%20park/281128325656111089

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Track Session - 14th/15th of Oct (flexible)
    Time: Morining/ early afternoon (flexible)
    Meet: Belfield Track
    Pace: (400m @ 1.28, 800m @ 2.56, 1k @ 3.39, 1200m @ 4.24)
    Distance: 5 x 1 mile @ 5.50 pace

Right people doing this session tomorrow but i have done a break down of the splits i will be hitting for each of the distances so even if people want to do shorter or reps @ similar pace to better suit there own plans (example :8 x 400m @ 1.28 pace)

Anyone interested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

ecoli wrote: »
    Track Session - 14th/15th of Oct (flexible)
    Time: Morining/ early afternoon (flexible)
    Meet: Belfield Track
    Pace: (400m @ 1.28, 800m @ 2.56, 1k @ 3.39, 1200m @ 4.24)
    Distance: 5 x 1 mile @ 5.50 pace

Right people doing this session tomorrow but i have done a break down of the splits i will be hitting for each of the distances so even if people want to do shorter or reps @ similar pace to better suit there own plans (example :8 x 400m @ 1.28 pace)

Anyone interested?

If youre interested, myself and niall will be doing this session tomorrow evening:

2.7miles(loop) w/u + 3 miles@ 5:40 + 3mins easy + 3 miles @ 5:40 + 2.7miles easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

tunguska wrote: »
    If youre interested, myself and niall will be doing this session tomorrow evening:

2.7miles(loop) w/u + 3 miles@ 5:40 + 3mins easy + 3 miles @ 5:40 + 2.7miles easy

In work tomorrow evening from 3 till late so i will have to get the session in early im afraid sorry man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Anyone fancy a 10+ mile run on Sat morning. Plan is to do a min of 10 miles if feeling good may go to 12. Going to take the S bends and hills in twice for the craic... pace no faster then 9/9:15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

shels4ever wrote: »
    Anyone fancy a 10+ mile run on Sat morning. Plan is to do a min of 10 miles if feeling good may go to 12. Going to take the S bends and hills in twice for the craic... pace no faster then 9/9:15.
    I'll most likely join you. I'll let you know for deffo tomorrow.

I might join you as well for about half it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

I might join you as well for about half it anyway.

What happened to your injury which you are resting?

Put me down as a possible guys, i want to get back into running from Sat after DCM. We can continue our debate about the DCM then :D

What happened to your injury which you are resting?

I was shating bricks on Monday about it. Mind put at ease on Tuesday after a check up. No damage done. I was never serious about 5 weeks off anyway. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I would also like to join you for some of this, as I was thinking of doing a long run in the park at the weekend anyway :)

• Advertisement

I'm deffo for tomorrow morning. The papal cross carpark is handy for parking. About 9:30 ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 acolmanj

Hi,

I've never joined in before, but might like to give this a go.

I'll be at the cross at 9:30, hangover permitting :D

John.

The papal cross carpark is handy for parking
    As someone on foot, is that car park right on the main avenue? So I know where to be.

I will have done 2 or 3 miles by the time I get there, I guess the rest of Saturday is going to be a write off :)

As someone on foot, is that car park right on the main avenue? So I know where to be.

I will have done 2 or 3 miles by the time I get there, I guess the rest of Saturday is going to be a write off :)

Nope, if you turn off the main avenue at the American ambassadors the car park will be on your right hand side.

Nice to see we're meeting back at the old Boards meet up location, it just wasn't the same going around to Knockmaroon.

I now have a place on the Chi Running course so I won't be there tomorrow, but next weekend I'll be doing a run in the park if anyone wants to join me for that one.

Edit: or Sunday if anyone is up for a run on Sunday.

Yep 9:30 is fine with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Edit: or Sunday if anyone is up for a run on Sunday.

I'm up for a run in sunday. Can't tomorrow morning as I'm working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Tec Diver

Just moved back to the area during the week. Hoping to get some of these runs in, starting in Nov.
    Enjoy!
    Eoin

Wasn't able to make it todya in the end , ended up in A+E last night for a few hours so didnt get out of bed. Will get out for a easy run later and do the long one tomorrow in the park.

sorry to miss you this morning, hope all is well?

See you next week [or at some stage in the future!]

• Advertisement

Great morning for it. Just over 9mls with the vaggabond and acolmanj. Will have to get more of these runs in.

Advertisement