Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group Training Sessions - Where & When

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭mithril

menoscemo wrote: »
    Time: Tuesday 14th December 6.15pm
    Meet: Car park beside Athletics track
    Pace: each to their own
    Distance: 10 x 400m with 90 second rests. Warm up and cool down (5-6 miles total).

Confirmed:
    menoscemo
    Rainbok Kirby
    Clara Lara?

Weather should allow this to go ahead this week.
    I will head down as well if I can get out of work on time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Saturday is no good for me im working. Maeve let me know if your heading up nearer the day. If no1 else is going ill stay local.
    Saturday week is grand for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Oisin11178 wrote: »
    Saturday is no good for me im working. Maeve let me know if your heading up nearer the day. If no1 else is going ill stay local.
    Saturday week is grand for me.

I'll be heading to the park on sunday too. Have to do back to back long runs witht he ultra training. Hoping to do 12 or so. Very much depends on if I go boozing on saturday night.

menoscemo wrote: »
    I'll be heading to the park on sunday too. Have to do back to back long runs witht he ultra training. Hoping to do 12 or so. Very much depends on if I go boozing on saturday night.

Im hoping to do 20 so if your heading up let me know and ill run to the park. Its just over 10 miles from my house.

Im hoping to do 20 so if your heading up let me know and ill run to the park. Its just over 10 miles from my house.

Nice one. I have just confirmed drinking plans for saturday night, so the later the better. Maybe 1pm? You can name your place and I'll meet you there. How are you getting back?

• Advertisement

Yeah 1 is perfect. Papal cross is grand. Ill get the bus home. Pace is up to you im not to fussed.

Yeah 1 is perfect. Papal cross is grand. Ill get the bus home. Pace is up to you im not to fussed.

hoping you'll drag me round a bit quicker than I have ben going recently. 8 -8:30 pace would suit. I'll PM you my mobile. Hope the weather holds up betwen now and then, we might have to hit the pitches if not..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Did you guys decide to head out tomorrow? I have rescheduled my plans from 11 until 2 so would be up for a few miles if people are going out. I think I’ll be very slow though…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

As far as I know it'll be myself, Menoscemo, RK, and Digger @ 10am at the Papal Cross.

Cool thanks, hopefully see yee there so. Have an airport run at 7.30 so all going well and on time I should make it. If I'm not there don't wait for me!

• Advertisement

I'm not going to make it lads. My right foot isn't 100% and seeing as the running is going alright these days I don't want to tempt fate and injure myself going into the new year! For the first time ever, I'm making a sensible decision. Enjoy your run. :)

Myself and meno ~12 miles today. Ground was grand, a few slippy patches but easily avoidable. Got cold near the end but was grand.

Burn off the 15lbs of turkey and 2 bottles of vino with an 8-10 mile icy trot around the Phoenix Park, meeting at the Papal Cross at 10am on Sunday.

C'mon if you think you're hard enough!:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

mrslow wrote: »

Not me, I'm getting enough unimpressed looks for saying I'll be running the GOAL mile!

RayCun wrote: »
    Not me, I'm getting enough unimpressed looks for saying I'll be running the GOAL mile!

How did you get on in the 5k?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

... so a little bit of work to be done if I want to go under 20 next year :rolleyes:

RayCun wrote: »
    ... so a little bit of work to be done if I want to go under 20 next year :rolleyes:

You did well considering I saw one guy warm up by sliding on the road!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

mrslow wrote: »
    Burn off the 15lbs of turkey and 2 bottles of vino with an 16 mile icy trot around the Phoenix Park, meeting at the Papal Cross at 10am on Sunday.

This a serious one? Weather permitting I'll defo be down in the park on Stephens day and this gives enough time to get back home for the footy as well as doing 16 miles. :)

Weather permitting :)

I thought you were hardcore? See ya Sunday, if ya don't show then I say your a big girl's blouse:D

Have to bail on this one I'm afraid, apparently we're having visitors:(

• Advertisement

Time: Thursday 30th December 10am
    Meet: Papal Cross car park
    Pace:: depends
    Distance: 10-20 miles (negotiable)

Confirmed so far:
    mrslow
    menoscemo

anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'd be up for it.

Confirmed so far:
    Mr Slow
    Menoscemo
    Rainbow Kirby
    Chinguetti
    A nother

Possibles (lightweights):
    Digger
    JEmily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Confirmed so far:
    Mr Slow
    Menoscemo
    Rainbow Kirby
    Chinguetti
    A nother

Possibles (lightweights):
    Digger
    JEmily
    Brianderunner

Quite tempted to head out to this tomorrow while i'm still up in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭RAL3

Sorry I had finish up early this morning, calf got a small bit tight and decided to call a halt after 7.

Enjoyable company and run.

RAL3 wrote: »
    Sorry I had finish up early this morning, calf got a small bit tight and decided to call a halt after 7.

Enjoyable company and run.

Lightweight:D
    Didnt see the entry for this run. Probably better off, would have been champing at the bit to increase the pace.
    Anyone doing a long one up the park saturday week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Didnt see the entry for this run. Probably better off, would have been champing at the bit to increase the pace.

I would be up for it if there was a few interested, the weekend LSR's are getting a bit boring running them on me own for the last few weeks. Probably run a 16-18 miler.

yep, I'll be up for that. Also up for anyone who wants to do another long run this saturday (1st) or sunday (2nd).

Time: Monday 3rd January 10am
    Pace:: probably about 9:30/mile
    Distance: 10

Confirmed so far:
    Mr Slow
    Menoscemo
    Rainbow Kirby
    Chinguetti
    Digger2d2
    + 4 others that I don't know

There are a good few more coming that I don't know off so we should get about 10+ out for this one...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Maybe

Advertisement