Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group Training Sessions - Where & When

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Time: Saturday 5th of February @ 9.30am
    Meet: Old Mill Pub, Firhouse
    Session: Hill Reps
    Pace: Accomodating all levels we will all start at same point at bottom so no one left behind

Confirmed so far:
    ecoli

For anyone who is interested i thought i might try an organize a hill session as an alternative to the long run brigade:D
    Basically the hill is suitable to do anything from 15 second hills - 3 min depending on what you wanna do and jog back down recovery meaning the everyone regroups at the start of each rep so that it is a group session while still catering for all levels if anyone interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

ecoli wrote: »
    Pace: Accomodating all levels we will all start at same point at bottom so no one left behind

Confirmed so far:
    ecoli

For anyone who is interested i thought i might try an organize a hill session as an alternative to the long run brigade:D
    Basically the hill is suitable to do anything from 15 second hills - 3 min depending on what you wanna do and jog back down recovery meaning the everyone regroups at the start of each rep so that it is a group session while still catering for all levels if anyone interested?

Sounds great. Do you think there is any chance of getting it finished in time to make the long run? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Confirmed so far:
    ecoli

Great idea ecoli. ATM I need the long runs, but I'd be in for future sessions.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Confirmed so far:
    ecoli

Suggesting a run that starts at a pub. You're a true ART'r now ecoli!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Depending on how the legs are feeling I may or may not be convinced to run further than 20. Though I may not go to 20. I also may not leave my bed. Who knows really!

I'd hazard a safe guess that the snooze button will come into play:D

• Advertisement

mrslow wrote: »
    I'd hazard a safe guess that the snooze button will come into play:D

After fixing the time for 11 instead of the normal 10am, I would not be happy :mad:

menoscemo wrote: »
    After fixing the time for 11 instead of the normal 10am, I would not be happy :mad:

She only turns up when I can't so maybe if as I suspect, I can't make it, you may be graced with her presence:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭opus

I'm visiting some friends in Dublin this w/end so if nobody minds maybe I could join ye for the run on Sat morning? The all-knowing plan has me running 16 miles with 10 at MP so would have to do my own thing for some of it.

Presume it's possible to park somewhere near the start?

opus wrote: »
    I'm visiting some friends in Dublin this w/end so if nobody minds maybe I could join ye for the run on Sat morning? The all-knowing plan has me running 16 miles with 10 at MP so would have to do my own thing for some of it.

The meeting point is the Papal Cross Car Park.

Yeah, you can park at the papal cross, there's a big car park. What is MP? There may be a split in the group anyway with some of the faster ones pushing on a bit.

• Advertisement

Yeah, you can park at the papal cross, there's a big car park. What is MP? There may be a split in the group anyway with some of the faster ones pushing on a bit.

Have you signed up for Mallow?

Have you signed up for Mallow?

Not yet, have you? I was waiting until the train tickets go on sale, 28 days before the date. You need to book quick to get the cheap tickets.

Not yet, have you? I was waiting until the train tickets go on sale, 28 days before the date. You need to book quick to get the cheap tickets.

I've booked the race and set a reminder for tickets, one person should probably book the train, that way we'll all be sitting together.

I've booked the race and set a reminder for tickets, one person should probably book the train, that way we'll all be sitting together.

Cool. I'll send around PM's closer to the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Confirmed so far:
    ecoli

This sounds interesting! I only live over the road, so I may tag along. I have never done a hill run or hill reps so I'm not sure what I'm letting myself in for.

jcsmum wrote: »
    This sounds interesting! I only live over the road, so I may tag along. I have never done a hill run or hill reps so I'm not sure what I'm letting myself in for.

They're full of ups and downs:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

They're full of ups and downs:D

I asked for that! :D

I asked for that! :D

It was gift wrapped, I'm just glad I beat Digger to it!:)

11am was Brians idea. Technically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

11am was Brians idea. Technically.

It was alright but it suited both of us. Sounds like you've ruled yourself out already, what a surprise that is! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Basically we will jog up to Bournabreena church as warm up then start reps there and can go for as long as you want (my session is 80 second hills but you can do shorter or longer if you want) then jog back down to the start recovery to regroup. The idea of these is to try and work on form rather than burst yourself sprinting up though they are hard. Even if you wanted to take longer recovery and do every second one as i plan on hitting 10 of them. Again its about adapting the session to suit you to get the most benefit out of it but it is a good session and can bring people on leaps and bounds

It was alright but it suited both of us. Sounds like you've ruled yourself out already, what a surprise that is! :rolleyes:

I haven't ruled myself out at all. Depends how my session tomorrow goes and whether I feel like crap or not on Saturday morning. I'm ill I'm allowed to be unreliable!

Hoping to keep it between 4:20 to 4:30/km (around 7:10/mile I think) or as much I can anyway. I'll come along on Sat, hopefully there won't be multiple bunches of runners hanging around the cross when I get there :)

Hoping to keep it between 4:20 to 4:30/km (around 7:10/mile I think) or as much I can anyway. I'll come along on Sat, hopefully there won't be multiple bunches of runners hanging around the cross when I get there :)

7:10 will be a bit tasty for me, but Oisin might go with you!!. We'll be the ugly bunch in the first car park as you come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Wexican

chinguetti wrote: »
    Time: Sunday 6th of February @ 10am/10.30am
    Meet: Papal Cross car park
    Pace:: 9/9:30 mile
    Distance: 13/16 miles

Confirmed so far:
    menoscemo - 16 miles
    claralara - 16 miles
    chinguetti - 13 miles or so

Is this still going ahead on Sunday. Might tag along for 13 if so.

Is it 10 or 10.30?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

As ye have probably guessed, I'm out of any and all sessions this weekend. Stupid ankle-sabotaging kerbs. Hopefully next weekend though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Is it 10 or 10.30?

Hows the Wexican doing?

10am for those doing 16 miles, 10.30 for those doing 13 miles. The long distance folk will swing back to the Papal Cross for us round 10.30 and we shall all do the remainder together.

Is it 10 or 10.30?

Either. the 16 mile people will start at 10 and loop back after 3 to pick up the 13 milers (chinguetti). That said if you are doing 13 you can start at 10am too if that makes sense.

Yep, it's what the lads in the 2 posts above are talking about.

Time: Saturday 5th of February @ 10.45am Briantime (11am for the rest)
    Meet: Papal Cross car park
    Pace:: 9/ 9:30 mile
    Distance: 20ish miles

Confirmed so far:
    RacoonQueen -20
    brianderunner- 20
    Rainbow Kirby- 22
    Jackyback- 20
    menoscemo- 24
    Oisin11178- 24
    Ral3 -20
    Gerard65- ???

It's looking like a good crowd. Hopefully RQ will show up for a change :pac:

Is it 10 or 10.30?

Bit confused now, is it Sat or Sun :confused:

• Advertisement

Bit confused now, is it Sat or Sun :confused:

If you doing 7.10 pace on your run i will be running in park on sunday if you interested ( just saw the pace mentioned)

Advertisement