Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group Training Sessions - Where & When

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

menoscemo wrote: »
    I'm pacing down at the wexford half, otherwise I'd have been up for a run.

That's not much help there Meno! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Couldn't possibly change to a Sunday as that would be treason to the Saturday group :D

shazkea wrote: »
    Couldn't possibly change to a Sunday as that would be treason to the Saturday group :D

Splitters :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Time: Thursday 26th May 6:30pm
    Meet: Main car park
    session: Mcmillan workout 1 - 6x1mile @ 10k pace
    Confirmed:
    woddle (7'15 pace)
    Sharktale
    menoscemo
    Claralara?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Time: Tuesday 17th May 6.15pm
    Meet: Car Park above track
    session 400/800m reps
    Pace: Each their own
    Confirmed:
    menoscemo
    RainbowKirby
    Claralara
    The Vaggabond
    Digger
    Perkina
    Aficionado?

Confirmed:
    woddle (7'15 pace)
    Sharktale
    menoscemo (will pace with the best looking attendee)
    Claralara?

Yeah, I'll be in for both session again, though I'll be taking them both a little lighter with my Goal 5k race on saturday week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I'm pacing in Wexford too, all the cool people:cool: are so i'll probably see ye next Sunday after Donore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

chinguetti wrote: »
    I'm pacing in Wexford too, all the cool people:cool: are so i'll probably see ye next Sunday after Donore.

Donore is Saturday no? I think 12 on Sunday... Mrslow to confirm..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Time: Tuesday 17th May 6.15pm
    Meet: Car Park above track
    session 400/800m reps
    Pace: Each their own
    Confirmed:
    menoscemo
    RainbowKirby
    Claralara
    The Vaggabond
    Digger
    Perkina
    Aficionado?

Confirmed:
    woddle (7'15 pace)
    Sharktale
    menoscemo (will pace with the best looking attendee)

Uh oh...I'm breaking hearts again... ;)

Unfortunately I'm out for this session this week. Last Saturday's 5k didn't go so well so I'm going to run early on Thursday morning and get a decent rest into the legs for Saturday. Will be back for the rest of them though.

I shall see whoever's in UCD tonight anyway! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Wont be around tonight - have to pick up something from sister, and drop off somewhere else, which is a mundane task for the rest of you mortals, but for us public transport users its a massive drama

claralara wrote: »

I think its 11 on Saturday but thats the least of my worries. Got a bout of food poisoning to battle at present. I could do with a few of your servants at present to type this for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Donore is Saturday at 11

claralara wrote: »

If we can agree to 12 on sunday, I can go too. I'll not make an early run due to the feed of Pint's I'll be having to celbrate my sub 19 5k and Man utd winning the champions league (:o I hope, I think the 2nd is actually more likely than the 1st).

I take it your tickets to slane didin't come through? We have to agree a boozing place for after Donore. I am thinking about 3pm in Messr Maguires...

I'll be having to celbrate my sub 19 5k and Man utd winning the champions league (:o I hope, I think the 2nd is actually more likely than the 1st).

We have to agree a boozing place for after Donore. I am thinking about 3pm in Messr Maguires...

The first is far more likely than the second methinks.

Whats have Ryans done to you? I thought it was your second home?

chinguetti wrote: »
    The first is far more likely than the second methinks.

Whats have Ryans done to you? I thought it was your second home?

Ryans is good for going straight after the race, but if we are going back home after the race, it is better to meet in town (I think). I'm open to persuasion though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Well I wouldn't mind being able to get a shower and get changed before I park my arse in front of the TV with pints to watch Leinster and Man U win :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Boozing is out for me :(
    Visting relatives I have to meet up with this weekend, and I don't have much time in between going sub-20 at Donore, watching United win the Champions league, and flying out to Spain on Sunday...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

I'd be a Ryans fan myself, no surprises there! We could take our usual spot and have the monopoly on the seats and tv for the sport later on. Messrs (even though its around the corner from where i'm staying) on the other hand is nearly always crowded given its location, and will be rammed for the soccer. How about we go home and shower, then come back to Ryans? Its convenient for a lot of boardsies.

I'd be a Ryans fan myself, no surprises there! We could take our usual spot and have the monopoly on the seats and tv for the sport later on. Messrs (even though its around the corner from where i'm staying) on the other hand is nearly always crowded given its location, and will be rammed for the soccer. How about we go home and shower, then come back to Ryans? Its convenient for a lot of boardsies.

Only problem is, I'll be meeting other mates in town for the UTD match. There is no way they'd come to Ryans but have already suggested messrs'.

Only problem is, I'll be meeting other mates in town for the UTD match. There is no way they'd come to Ryans but have already suggested messrs'.

Splitter :P

Well if you think we'll get a good spot in messrs i'd be up for that. We could go for a quick one in Ryans after (for old times sake) then disperse. Otherwise, we could stay in Ryans till the rugby then head into town in time for Old vs Nou then. Best to see what the others think first as well of course.

• Advertisement

Well if you think we'll get a good spot in messrs i'd be up for that. We could go for a quick one in Ryans after (for old times sake) then disperse. Otherwise, we could stay in Ryans till the rugby then head into town in time for Old vs Nou then. Best to see what the others think first as well of course.

It's already been discussed with the others (I think). I'll chat to everyone at the track later... Anyways if we are in messr's from 3 we'll have a spot to hold. If we turn up later= no chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

This thread is awful Dublin centric - damn dubs.

Anyway, if there is anyone from limerick or nearby who would like to accompany me for 17 miles on friday mid morning - feel free

It's already been discussed with the others (I think). I'll chat to everyone at the track later... Anyways if we are in messr's from 3 we'll have a spot to hold. If we turn up later= no chance.

Sound yeah Messrs at 3 will do then.
    This thread is awful Dublin centric - damn dubs.

Anyway, if there is anyone from limerick or nearby who would like to accompany me for 17 miles on friday mid morning - feel free

I'll be in Limerick all day Monday if you're around for a run, good old bank holiday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

im working 6.15am - 2.45 (shudder but thinking of heading on my lunchbreak for 4 (basically from where i work down the bank to roundabout to ivans back up towards where i work again). that too early?

im working 6.15am - 2.45 (shudder but thinking of heading on my lunchbreak for 4 (basically from where i work down the bank to roundabout to ivans back up towards where i work again). that too early?

Apologies but i am unfamiliar with your lunch hour times, when would that be? Sounds ok to me yeah, as long as its not before 9am. I'll have 2 days worth of booze to run out of myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

'll have 2 days worth of booze to run out of myself!
    You'll need a very long run to run all that out of you :pac:

I'd have gone for one in Ryan's after the race but won't be coming back into town at 3 :(, will have to make up for it in Cork Boay!

I'm out as well for drinks at 3 in Messrs as once i go home, i doubt i'll head back into town.

Never enjoy watching sports in a pub as someone tall always stands in my way.:D

As a compromise, how's about going for 1 after the race in the pub opposite the Donore Clubhouse?

• Advertisement

As a compromise, how's about going for 1 after the race in the pub opposite the Donore Clubhouse?

Yeah we'll all do that so, i just made the decision for the rest of you :p

Advertisement