Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group Training Sessions - Where & When

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Studying all weekend but might tip up for this for an hour if I can

*Proviso* Depends if I get the car which already caught me out last saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Are you planning to do it on Sunday next week?

Was planning for Sat 23rd, can you do it that day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Was planning for Sat 23rd, can you do it that day?

I'm in Galway the night before so do not expect to be in any condition to run on the Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

I'm in Galway the night before so do not expect to be in any condition to run on the Saturday.

That's not the attitude :cool:

Mr Slow wrote: »
    That's not the attitude :cool:

Your right. I should have said I would not be back from Galway in time to run on Saturday ;)

p.s. meant to ask you what is the make of your running belt or where did you get it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Your right. I should have said I would not be back from Galway in time to run on Saturday ;)

p.s. meant to ask you what is the make of your running belt or where did you get it?

Couldn't find the one I have, this is the closest. (Same Make except mine has 2 bottles and one pocket))

Wheel Wrox and Irish fit had those running belts! If i am in the Wheel Wrox over the next week or so i let you know the price

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'll be up in wheelworx over the weekend, tomorrow or sat. I can pick one up if you want and bring it on Sunday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

I'll be up in wheelworx over the weekend, tomorrow or sat. I can pick one up if you want and bring it on Sunday...

RQ you wouldn't do me a favour pls and check if Wheelworx have The Stick! Amphibianking are sold out after a sudden demand...wonder who those buyers were ;)

Will do, was up there today and didn't notice any but wasn't looking for them either so...

Cyclesuperstore usually have them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Wheel Wrox and Irish fit had those running belts! If i am in the Wheel Wrox over the next week or so i let you know the price

€25 I think, spotted them last week but didnt buy one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Time: Sunday 17th July
    Meet: Papal Cross 10am
    Session: LSR 9 - 9:30 pace

RQ - 10 miles (dependent on achilles/hamstring, if I'm not there when you get there it's because I'm not going)
    CL - 14 miles (will proabably drop off the pace a bit after a while as have a big week ahead but will be there)
    Brianderunner - 10 or 12 miles max.
    Meno - 18 miles
    Pistol - 18 miles (will confirm in the next day or so)
    Chinguetti - will do at least 12 but could do more
    Aimman - Nothing specific, just keep going till I've had enough :rolleyes:

Will do, was up there today and didn't notice any but wasn't looking for them either so...

Cyclesuperstore usually have them.

Is this the stick for the calves etc???
    They have them upstairs at 45 euro as was looking at them a few weeks ago. Go upstairs and they are somewhere on your let by the socks and runners i think.

Please Note, I do not work for these but i have tour the shop a few times :)

The bottles are upstairs also, on your right handside by the balcony.

I got the foam roller in Elverys for 30, they had to order it in. Eleverys is jsut down from Wheel Wrox.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

RQ - 10 miles (dependent on achilles/hamstring, if I'm not there when you get there it's because I'm not going)
    CL - 14 miles (will proabably drop off the pace a bit after a while as have a big week ahead but will be there)
    Meno - 18 miles
    Pistol - 18 miles (will confirm in the next day or so)
    jcsmum - 16 miles

Thanks for the offer. I'll be in there myself in the next week I think.

Meno - 18 miles
    Pistol - 18 miles
    jcsmum - 16 miles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Location[/B]: Phoenix Park
    Meet: Papal Cross midday

Meno - 18 miles
    Pistol - 18 miles
    jcsmum - 16 miles tomorrows run is postponed until midday due to predicted hangovers :p

You won't get the pleasure of running with me then :pac: I'll still swing by the papal cross at 10am if anyone still fancies an early run.

Edit: Though I'll probably head out at 7:30/8 if everyone else is hungover...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Funny how the time for tomorrow changed after certain people left the pub!

chinguetti wrote: »
    Funny how the time for tomorrow changed after certain people left the pub!

About 5 minutes after I left, I was going to comment on it too... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

menoscemo wrote: »
    Location[/B]: Phoenix Park
    Meet: Papal Cross midday

Meno - 18 miles
    Pistol - 18 miles
    jcsmum - 16 miles tomorrows run is postponed until midday due to predicted hangovers :p

Meno I won't make it for 12. Stranded in Kildare and in laws have changed plans. Catch up in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Anyone fancy doing 10 next saturday earlyish (pref th 10mile route, but not oo hard pressed)?? Im up in Dublin next weekend but the beers and my location will stunt out a sunday run up there

Actually - might give the parkwest 10k a lash on sunday. Easy to get there from the CC?

There should be a group in the park on Sat at around 9. I am hoping to head myself but not 100% sure.

ParkWest you could get a bus out to it, i think 151 could be good bus to get. Try the Events section of this forum and someone will help for sure.

Hope this helps.

Actually - might give the parkwest 10k a lash on sunday. Easy to get there from the CC?

79 or 79/a from Aston Quay. If you get the 79/78A or 26 from Town give me a shout and I'll come meet you and show you where to go. Bit of a walk from 26/78A/79 though...

If there's group on Sat il go ahead with that, that wayil have sat night for a good meal and booze out.

I could see myself getting lost trying to get there on Sunday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I'll be doing that. As RQ says, getting the 79a from ashton quay leave you at the start line. If you are unsure, you can get the luas out to kylemore or Red Cow and I'll go an collect you. Go on Go on. It's the fastest 10k you'll ever do :pac:

There's no 79's till 10:30 on Sunday, but he can get the 78A to the Coldcut road and walk/jog up Cloverhill road.

Time: Sunday 24th July
    Meet: Papal Cross 9am

Pistol - 18 miles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

I need to do 13 miles but on Saturday but my pace seems to be alot slower than most on here. I am looking at 10:25. Anyone out there going as slow as me on saturday :o

Advertisement