Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group Training Sessions - Where & When

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

gerard65 wrote: »
    I'll be on for this. Maybe not next week - will see how recovery goes. Are you doing them on grass or road?
    Will be grass, and the guts of the route used in the Novice XC

Anyone who would like to join the BAC winter training group please let me know. I’ve been dragging information from anyone who will listed over the last few weeks and months to put together a training plan.

The aim now is to start a 6 weeks base phase with some strength work included. Once that is complete then some race specific training can be done.

The training plan will be very simple and easy to follow and ideal for anyone who would like to focus on Raheny 5 mile or races early next year. It should also have you in good shape for the Aware 10k in December if that is a target.

Sessions are open to everyone of any standard.

Each week there will be a CV rep session and a Tempo run, The CV will be the group session and the Tempo run can be done at any time during the week.

Apart from the two session that will be updated lots of easy running and one 70-90 min run a week should be included (depending on your key race distance)

If anyone has an questions or specific training needs let me know and I will try to help.

Week 1 Sessions

1. Tempo run.

3m tempo @50 sec slower then your 5k pace. per mile.

2. CV reps.

Sat 31th Octoberr (4) X 1000m
    Time: 10:00
    Meet: Meet at Cross
    Pace: -5k pace + 15 sec's
    Distance: 8 miles aprox, But can be changed to your needs/ability.

Sat 31th October
    (4) X 1000m

1. Shels4ever ( will be doing this even alone :))

A few people will join the group in week 2-3 so hope it starts to take shape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

shels4ever wrote: »
    Sat 1th November
    (4) X 1000m

Next Saturday is the 31st, Sunday is the 1st Nov.
    I'll give this a miss this week, but will be there the following week.

See how your feel next week maybe a week or two of easy jogs will be better to give you time to totally recover but see how you feel. hows the body today?

• Advertisement

See how your feel next week maybe a week or two of easy jogs will be better to give you time to totally recover but see how you feel. hows the body today?
    Surprisingly not too bad. Still a couple of aches, but fairly tired. Slept very well last night but nodding off on the chair this afternoon. I'll take another couple of days off. Still planning on doing the beach race on the 14th nov.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'll probably join you in week two or three and give it a bash. Want to give my knee some proper time to heal so I'll probably just be hitting the gym for now.

I'll probably join you in week two or three and give it a bash. Want to give my knee some proper time to heal so I'll probably just be hitting the gym for now.

Yep wise move there, no point rushing back too soon.

Sat 31th October
    (4) X 1000m

1. Shels4ever ( will be doing this even alone :))

A few people will join the group in week 2-3 so hope it starts to take shape.
    Will be at the cross at 10am tomororw and at the fort about 10:20 if anyone wants to join in.
    Think the spikes will be coming with me too....

Super morning for running in pheonix park this morning , there were so many people running it felt like a race at some stages, must hae been 70-80 people at least doing the munich loop.

• Advertisement

Did any other boardsies join you? I don't think I've actually ever done that lap so I should suck it up and give it a shot.

Did any other boardsies join you? I don't think I've actually ever done that lap so I should suck it up and give it a shot.

Nope all alone today, :( So what happy there wre a few others about... hope it grows from now on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭jlang

Would have liked to join you but I was busy this morning. All bets are off from now on although if I get to run either of the next two Saturday's I'll be thinking IMRA/BHAA.

Week 2 Sessions.

This weeks session will be the same as last week before we start to progress week on week there after. This is to allow others to join in next week.

To be done in your own time
    1. 3 mile Tempo run @8-10 mile race pace.( over rolling hills if possible)
    2. Long run 75 – 90 mins if you are not at this level let you should build up over time, do not increase your long run by more then 10% per week
    3. Steady miles depending on your level lots and lots of steady mile, with some strides to finish.

Group session Sat 8th November
    Pheonix Park meet at Papal Cross.

4 X 1000m @ 5k pace +15/20 seconds.

Remember this training program will be geared towards 5 mile – 10 k. There will be a 6-7 week base phase followed by some race specific training when a key race can be scheduled. (Raheny 5 mile) but should also have you in good shape come the Aware 10k. Progression will be the key over the next 6 weeks.

Anyone looking to follow this plan pm me with your email address and I can email you more information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

Will see you there next week too, still taking it easy this weekend after Monday.

Will see you there next week too, still taking it easy this weekend after Monday.

Great the more the better:)

Group session Sat 7th November

1. Shels4ever

Will be there from 9:45 , Don't mix me up with the group from frontrunners who meet there at the same time :).

I'll have to give this a miss again, still carrying a couple of niggles.

I'll have to give this a miss again, still carrying a couple of niggles.

Take your time, i'd do a few week easy running before going into session so soon after a marathon

I'm the same as gerard, I'm probably still a couple of weeks away from proper training even if my next marathon is only 17 and a half weeks away.:D

• Advertisement

I'm the same as gerard, I'm probably still a couple of weeks away from proper training even if my next marathon is only 17 and a half weeks away.:D

Yep I think your better off skipping session untiill you have been doing a couple of easy week, hows the knee btw?

Yep I think your better off skipping session untiill you have been doing a couple of easy week, hows the knee btw?

It's OK, still a bit swollen at the front and stiff on the outside, eased out after about 3/4 of a mile last night but a bit tender now today so I'm giving the gym a miss tonight I think. It's four weeks on Friday since the fall...feels like four months. :(

It's OK, still a bit swollen at the front and stiff on the outside, eased out after about 3/4 of a mile last night but a bit tender now today so I'm giving the gym a miss tonight I think. It's four weeks on Friday since the fall...feels like four months. :(

I know that feeing i missed the best part of 4 week myslef was going up the walls

1. Shels4ever

another big group tomororw :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

1. Shels4ever
    2. Louthandproud

"another big group tomorrow :)"

See you there!

Nice session today , some of the guys from other clubs were really tearing the loop uptoday, Myself and Louthandproud wer happy enough with our effort today.

Group session Sat 14th November 10 AM

4 X 1000m @ 5k pace +15/20 seconds (last of the so called easy weeks :)) going to 1200/1300' on the 21st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Hi Shels what time you thinking, if it's early enough I'll be there

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

I will be up to join in on the 21st I hope. All the niggles seem to be under control now and I have been back working hard for 2 weeks. I hope to go down to the BOI beach race on Saturday so i cant make it on the 14th.

• Advertisement

Woddle wrote: »
    Hi Shels what time you thinking, if it's early enough I'll be there

10 am seems to be the best time? hows that for you ??

Advertisement