Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanted: Free DVD decoder for Windows Vista

• 29-12-2008 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a free, safe and reliable DVD decoder for Windows Vista. Google threw up some dubious looking websites, so just checking if anyone can guarantee a safe download.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

What do you mean by decoder?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a free, safe and reliable DVD decoder for Windows Vista. Google threw up some dubious looking websites, so just checking if anyone can guarantee a safe download.

Thanks.
    Download a trial of PowerDVD, the dvd decoder will still work in other programs even when it expires afaik

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

i use the k-lite mega codec pack. has a lot of codecs for videos and also dvd. includes a media player called media player classic which can play dvds but you can use whatever you want either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

the vista codec pack (google it) will do the same thing too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

VLC?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

vista plays dvds out of the box, doesnt it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

subway wrote: »
    vista plays dvds out of the box, doesnt it?
    Afaik only the versions with Media Center! Could be wrong though, I'm pritty sure Windows media player doesnt come shipped with one on other versions of vista

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

yeah, forgot that, basic and business wouldnt come with it.

videolan for the OP if you are on one of the non media-centre versions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

dvdshrink32 if you wish to backup your drm-free dvds.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Overheal wrote: »
    drm-free

heh heh heh..

Pull the otherone :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

DVDs run fine for me in Vista Business using Windows Media Player 11. Not sure if it is because I have the Vista Codec Pack installed or whether it played them alright before installing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

i got a dvd player that can play any region if anyone wants it. Free

Advertisement