Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Entertainment - Am I missing something here?

Options
  • 29-12-2008 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

So on Magnet's site currently (29/12/08) you can purchase their:

Digital TV Solo - 82 channels plus free landline connection (€25.10/month)

and

Magnet Force Max - 24MB DL w/ no cap (€39.99/month).

But the closest all-in package they have is:

Platinum 24 - 56 channels plus free landline and 24MB DL w/ no cap (€85.35/month).

Excuse me, but WTF??? You wanted me to receive 26 fewer channels and pay €20.26 more per month for the privilege?

Can someone please let me know if I've gone mental or overlooked something blatantly obvious?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Its even worse than that:
    MAGNET ENTERTAINMENT PLATINUM 24
    56 Digital TV and Radio Channels
    24 meg Unlimited Broadband*
    Free landline connection
    €85.35 per month

-=or=-
    82 Digital TV and Radio Channels
    24 meg Unlimited Broadband* this includes a phone service but excludes line rental of €25.36.
    Free landline connection * 2
    €39.99 per month
    +€25.10 per month
    =€65 per month
    +25.36 line rental
    = €90 per month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

does the 85.35 include line rental?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well for one the 50 package is only available in houses where they got fibre compared to running over DSL for the 24 MAX package; that alone would note quite a bit of speed difference (you'd have to live next to the exchange to get 24MB with flawless cable where as on fibre they could jank it up to 1 GB with out blinking).

Personally I'd pay twice the difference for fibre speed alone but each to their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

thats right, the metal packages are FTTH only.
    the force packages are for dsl.

im on the 50mb platinum

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

subway wrote: »
    does the 85.35 include line rental?

Magnet would not charge line rental on that package.

Also it needs to be noted here that there is a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE between dsl and wholly owned Magnet fibre, in no way can you compare the two.

The €39.99 is for copper customers and does not include line rental
    The same fibre package is €58 and does include line rental (8mb upload I might add)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭uaobrien

Rorser wrote: »
    Magnet would not charge line rental on that package.

Also it needs to be noted here that there is a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE between dsl and wholly owned Magnet fibre, in no way can you compare the two.

Okay all, thanks for the clarification regarding the broadband, but the question remains why 56 channels on the "wholly owned Magnet fibre" and not 82 as advertised for the €25.10 package?

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

uaobrien wrote: »
    Okay all, thanks for the clarification regarding the broadband, but the question remains why 56 channels on the "wholly owned Magnet fibre" and not 82 as advertised for the €25.10 package?

If you only buy the TV pack you get 82 channels as standard

If you buy the pack where you bundle it with the broadband the channels are €10 more.

Advertisement