Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone upgrade question

• 29-12-2008 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

I connected to VF on 4th Febuary 2008. I assume that I can upgrade on 4th Feb 2009? VF won't answer the question in a direct manner, apart to say you are not eligible at this time.

Just wondering what other peoples experiences are.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭SMERSH

Thanks for that information.

I only signed up for 12 months so I should be able to port away from VF on 4th Febuary. I have spent a lot of money on my last 2 bills (roaming in the USA and UK) so I think it would be a bit rich to make people wait 18 months for an upgrade.

I shall call them next week and ask and if they won't play ball I shall port to o2 immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The OP should be able to port anytime after the 4th of January and VF would only be able to charge for 1 month more. That would cover the OP for the 1 year. Take your latest VF bill to o2 or whoever you want to join and away you go.

As regards calling them, they won't give a stuff and will do nothing to keep your custom. Even in these recessionary times VF don't care. Even having spent a load of money with them won't matter at all. They are the most intransigent shower you are ever likely to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

SMERSH wrote: »
    Thanks for that information.

I only signed up for 12 months so I should be able to port away from VF on 4th Febuary. I have spent a lot of money on my last 2 bills (roaming in the USA and UK) so I think it would be a bit rich to make people wait 18 months for an upgrade.

I shall call them next week and ask and if they won't play ball I shall port to o2 immediately.

The idea is that you spend a lot of money - why would they reward you? It's business! Sorry, but you need some cynicism.
    Go prepay!

Prepay is not an option for a business person. It is easy to say feck em and go prepay. For some people it is not an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

SMERSH wrote: »
    I connected to VF on 4th Febuary 2008. I assume that I can upgrade on 4th Feb 2009? VF won't answer the question in a direct manner, apart to say you are not eligible at this time.

Just wondering what other peoples experiences are.

Thanks

What price plan are you on? If you have your bills for the last 10 months(most dont) tot up how much you've spent. If you want an upgrade inside your 12 months you'll need to have spent 2000 or more I think other than that if you hit 1500 in bills on the 4/2/09 they'll give you an upgrade on the 4th an not a day before:mad: stupid but true.

Other than at is it 18 months, if he has not spent 1500?

So he is looking at August?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Other than at is it 18 months, if he has not spent 1500?

So he is looking at August?

Possibly but if OP wants give me a PM and I'll check it for them

PM sent. :)

strecker wrote: »
    The idea is that you spend a lot of money - why would they reward you? It's business! Sorry, but you need some cynicism.
    Go prepay!
    Bond-007 wrote: »
    Prepay is not an option for a business person. It is easy to say feck em and go prepay. For some people it is not an option.

I am a small business person. Now while I may not spend alot on calls, prepay is simply not an option for me. How embarrasing would it be to run out of credit while on a call to a supplier or customer. Also I might have to go to the UK at short notice. Pre pay is not an option.

If VF won't upgrade me, I am sure o2 or Meteor will be happy with my custom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

They absolutey will....and in a years time they won't offer an upgrade either. If phones are your thing, in this day and age you will have to chop and change each year to get a new handset. It isn't that big of a deal though.

It's only an issue if another network can't offer what you currently have. If Vodafone won't upgrade you see if they will credit your bill against buying a simfree or pay as you go handset. Often they will.

Good luck with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

If you making a lot of calls to the UK and travel there often you might look towards 3. 50% of your allowance can be used to call the UK and NI and when roaming on 3uk you will be billed as if you were using your phone here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Your wasting your time looking for a discount from Vodafone. Their prices for customers who are eligible for an upgrade are the same as for new customers signing up.

Walkman wrote: »
    If you making a lot of calls to the UK and travel there often you might look towards 3. 50% of your allowance can be used to call the UK and NI and when roaming on 3uk you will be billed as if you were using your phone here.
    I would not go with 3 if they were the last network on earth. I had enough of them in the past.

Advertisement