Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Picking "good" teams in FIFA 09.

• 29-12-2008 3:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Now, I love this game. I really do.

What I cant stand is the p1$$ers and moaners giving out about the fact that I pick Aston Villa all the time. If I had a penny for everytime I got a message after I won a game, saying that "Im better than you, you only won cause you gave Agbonlahor the ball the whole game", I'd have, well, about 6 pennies. But its really starting to annoy me.

Yes, I love playing fast football. Yes I love weaving in and out of defenders with Young and Agbonlahor, so dont hate me just because you cant get past my frigging suicidal defense. And inevitably its always the people who pick 5-star teams like United or Barcelona. I play with Villa, Spurs, Sevilla, Athletico and sometimes Sporting Lisbon. People who play ranked games with Utd should be ridiculed in public, using some sort of tar-and-feathering mechanism.

Stop pi$$ing and moaning and play the game (and get better..)..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Fair play, I play it on the PS3 as Arsenal, but I'd always sacrifice the Attributes of van Persie for the pace of Walcott and Adebayor up front and even play Eduardo on the wing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

1 word......Barca:rolleyes:

only bad thing about them in fifa09 is their crap keeper:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

i have no problem with people picking good teams, what does annoy me is people who give the ball continuously to the same player

thats just boring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

There's a few players in the game who have the ability to magically walk through tackles. Ronaldo and Messi spring to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Sometimes you can tell when people think there better i did an international match Ireland Vs. Brazil i was Ireland of course and i won 2-1. I find it easier with lesser rated teams considering everytime you pick the likes of man utd the other player will pick Barca mainly.

My latest winning team has become Man city, Sean Wright phillips owning the right wing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

People who play ranked games with Utd should be ridiculed in public, using some sort of tar-and-feathering mechanism

Yes, god forbid Utd fans actually play as their team. Ludicrous. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I pick United cause I support United. I remember some Englishman going mad at me because he picked Sunderland and I picked United. It wasn't my fault that I supported a superior team to the team he supported, idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Here is a lesson in FIFA. The most important lesson:

- Play ranked matches... Expect pathetic losers.

If I go 3-0 up, he quits, and im called a cheater. If i pick United, im a cheater even though he picked Inter.

I support United, but i dont give a **** about that, its a ****ing game, i should be allowed to play with whoever i want. ITS A GAME. Here is another thing. If i beat you with United you get less points for a loss than if i beat you with Reading. Once i actually said that to some guy, he complained when i was on United and i said "Look mate, i can beat you with United and you lose 30 points or i could beat you with Reading and you lose 75 points, your choice." I go 2-0 up and he quits and loses 150 points.

People complain United are too good? Are EA supposed to make players worse in a game than they are in real life because Billy McNoskills cant win?

I stopped playing ranked games in 2006, i just play people on my friends list, makes it much better. If no-one is online, then unranked really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

People who play ranked games with Utd should be ridiculed in public

Oh look, you complain about people moaning when you use Villa all the time. Then what do you do? You go and complain about people using United.

Bottle. Kettle. Black. :rolleyes:

If I want to use United, my boyhood side, then that's what I'll do, if someone doesn't like it they can kiss my a$$!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

event wrote: »
    i have no problem with people picking good teams, what does annoy me is people who give the ball continuously to the same player

thats just boring
    Does this mean that having a winning tactic with one team is a bad thing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yes, I love playing fast football. Yes I love weaving in and out of defenders with Young and Agbonlahor...

Are you playing against monkeys or something? Either that or your opponents haven't a clue about defending properly! :D

Alot of players choose Villa just for the speed of Young. I don't blame them either as he is pretty tough to defend. If I had to play Villa, I'd put everything out to him too.

One of the reason I cannot wait for season 2 is that all the very good players are going to have to study their new team, identify the strong and weak points and come up with novel strategies for getting the best out of a team they would usually never play with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Hey what about me?
    I support Newcastle and they're even worse in Fifa than real life.
    The defense couldn't track a tortoise and my midfield might as well not be there.
    Martin's is fast but couldn't hit a barn door and Owen has a crap first touch so I'm fcuked regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭cadogs

I always wait to see who my opponent picks first!

If they pick Chelsea i pick united, if they pick Barca i pick Real, if they pick Arsenal i pick spurs!!!

Someone picked villa yesterday and i picked Portsmouth. I was 4-0 up on them and they quit and i got a message saying "how sad are you, you must play FIFA 24 hours a day!"

No, mother****er, you're just ****!!! :pac:

Advertisement