Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Gift Voucher as a present?

Options
  • 29-12-2008 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Hi I got the BT gift credit card as a present for Xmas, but i've little enough interest in buying anything in there.
    I rang them up and they say i cant return it for cash, and anything i do buy in there will only get debited off the BT card, so i cant just go in and buy something small and get the rest of the cash back...

Is there anything I can do about this?
    Thanks
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

if it has a ccv on the back you could spend it on line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

There must be something you might like in there. The sales are on and they have a lot of nice clothes and other stuff.

There's pretty much nothing you can do apart from sell it (vouchers come up every so often on adverts.ie but usually sell at a significant discount to the face value).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I'll give you 65c on the € for it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

pass it on in a month or so as a present to someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I think their electrical/household stuff is reasonably similar price to anywhere else........or makeup/perfume is an okay price as well - give it to a girlfriend/sister???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

You could pick up Christmas decorations cheap for next year, household stuff in the sale (some really nice kitchen tools there), discounted gift sets for people's birthdays etc. The other option is to re-gift it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Re-gifting it is probably the only option. I used to work there and the tills are set up that they won't give change for gift cards.

Their sale should be on now though so maybe it might be worth looking at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭slemons

thanks guys, ya fup it, i'll just bite the bullet and buy some clothes in there. Do they have anything nice in there thats not riddled with gant and tommy labels? Any Gstar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

slemons wrote: »
    thanks guys, ya fup it, i'll just bite the bullet and buy some clothes in there. Do they have anything nice in there thats not riddled with gant and tommy labels? Any Gstar?
    Most of the stuff in BT will be the more expensive stuff from the brands/designers and as such very little of it is plastered with labels.

Not sure if they sell Gstar

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

BT2 sold G-Star at some stage, I think they might still do.

• Advertisement

Jaysus lads, just back from BT...
    Not my scene really.

I wonder could i sell on a €250 voucher somewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Check see if anyone on the coffee forum would use it, BT's seem to be the only reasonable seller of coffee machines in the city and they start at around about that price. If someone is considering upgrading or buying a grinder then you might be in luck :) Don't offer it for sale as not sure how that goes with the forum rules, but I guess it might be ok to see if anyone is interested. You could always check with one of the Mods first to make sure you don't cause offence.

Does anyone know if these things expire at all?
    I wont be able to go shopping til the exams are over in 6 weeks...
    Thanks
    J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

AFAIK they don't.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I presume you have realised that it can also be spent in BT2?

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement