Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual Boot?

Options
  • 29-12-2008 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

I really want to put a dual boot Mac OSX / Vista dual boot on my laptop, I was wondering if anyone could point me towards a good and easy online guide? Am currently running Vista, on a Samsung 4gb Ram laptop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Don't think you'll find much help here getting Leopard on there seeing as it's against Apple's EULA. Most updates will break your installation and you'll have fun editing various text files. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭bmcgrath

If you want Mac OS, buy a Mac.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Theres just parts of a mac I wan't to use. I was planning on the dual-boot for a bit and if I could live with a mac then I'd buy a Mac Book Pro. It's just a lot of money to throw at something without trying extensively first.

That's understandable. If you have the time, try making a trip to an Apple store, 3G store or, at worst, PC World, and try out what they have.

Rural Donegal at the moment, I already know how a mac os handles, know how the dock works anyway but was wondering if I could live with having Photoshop, Garageband and other iLife stuff. And the staff in those places just go ''Can we help you?'' and then start on their sales pitch which dosent really help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

It can be done, but it can't be discussed here. My laptop triple boots Ubuntu, Leopard and Vista.

You're aware Photoshop is on Windows?

Yeah, but for some reason dosen't like any of the laptops or computers ive installed it on.

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Rural Donegal at the moment, I already know how a mac os handles, know how the dock works anyway but was wondering if I could live with having Photoshop, Garageband and other iLife stuff. And the staff in those places just go ''Can we help you?'' and then start on their sales pitch which dosent really help.
    Tell them where to go! When I bought one in an Apple store, was told it could be return with no quibbles within a few days.

Advertisement