Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Just passed my theory test- what to do next?

Options
  • 29-12-2008 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭

Ok, so the easy part is out of the way:p

I want to learn asap and have my full license before summer as i'm moving out of the city and will have to drive a lot.

I requested an application for learners permit so i'll get that filled out when it comes. My eyesight isn't the best but i wear glasses so i'm assuming it will be ok. I didn't realise i have to do a medical too :( it's all so costly.

Anyway, can i apply for my driving test now and do it in 6 months time as there is a waiting list and i don't want to wait any longer that 7 months.

I'm gonna get lessons asap, can anybody suggest a good driving school in dublin south that aren't too costly but reasonable. My partner has a full licence so i'll be able to take him for a spin and get some practice on the weekends.

I'm really excited and want to get moving as i'll never do it if i keep putting it off.

Any advice appreciated. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

+1 to everything said above!
    But just to note, your boyfriend must have held his full license for at least 2 years to accompany you.
    And also, to anyone who has recommendations of driving schools please use the PM function!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Thanks a million guys. I just had my eyes tested so i'm ready to apply for the permit now but i'm a bit confused about what to include. It states i have to include my original passport but i'm going on holidays soon and i need it. You would think that a photocopy would do. I'm going to try dig up a birth cert if i can't give them a photocopy. I'd love to just go to the motor tax office during the week but i'm working :( I could get my boyfriend to bring all the stuff and pay the fee but i don't know if they'll allow that. Also, if i'm posting it, do i need to enclose the dtt certificate?

Thanks again for any help and feel free to pm me about possible driving schools in south dublin :D

Advertisement