Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to look for in a good food processor?

• 29-12-2008 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Need all the usual features for a busy household but not sure why some cost €50 and some cost €200 - can anyone enlighten me please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

It's mainly the power behind them. I used my sisters smaller, less powerful one than my 700w one to make a quick and easy mix that included nuts and dates, unfortunately it just couldn't handle it and to save it I actually had to bring the half processed mix home and finish it in my one. I forget what her wattage was but you'd probably be safe with 700+ for most tasks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Neverends

Oh thats good to know, thanks. Some of the cheaper ones have lower wattage alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

go to youtube and search for food processor. There's some good ones there, the wolfgang looks good. A top quality one is on my to buy list (the 700w one I have is good, but it could be better for when I'm using it for a few hours making batches of stuff, it's also my mams!! :P) but I'm going to need to do a bit of research just to make sure I'm getting the best for my money, let me know how you get on :)

Advertisement