Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

30% OFF Electrical Tesco

• 29-12-2008 5:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Not sure how much of a bargain this is, considering the sterling options at the moment but thought I'd let you know anyway.

Thursday, for one day only the limited number of Tesco stores that are open,will have 30% OFF all electrical.
    Basically everything with a plug from games consoles to power tools to TV's to airwick plug ins!!!!

Jarvis:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

is this money straight off or back on club card points??
    thats a sweet offer..
    does anyone know way of finding out what stores are open checked the website but it only had up as far as new years eve..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

is this on top of the stuff that is already discounted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Where did you see the offer. I was going to go north sometime this week to get a ps3 so i'll give this a look.

If its anything like the 25% off offer a few months back, all the consoles will be gone in a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

all the consoles will be gone in a few hours

To customers or staff? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

It's money off at the till and will be on top of currently running offers. I'll have a list of stores in the morning. It'll most likely be in Wednesdays paper.

Just a quick tip:
    If there was a specific thing you wanted, you could buy it tomorrow then go back for a refund Thursday and re-buy it. That way you'll be able to hold onto your own stock without needing to be up at 6am New Years day!!!!!
    You're well within your rights to do that but you might get a little arquement:D

• Advertisement

jarvis wrote: »
    It's money off at the till and will be on top of currently running offers. I'll have a list of stores in the morning. It'll most likely be in Wednesdays paper.

Just a quick tip:
    If there was a specific thing you wanted, you could buy it tomorrow then go back for a refund Thursday and re-buy it. That way you'll be able to hold onto your own stock without needing to be up at 6am New Years day!!!!!
    You're well within your rights to do that but you might get a little arquement:D

Do you work for tesco? Would the offer begin at midnight wednesday in the 24 hour shops?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Just a quick tip:
    Your not really within your right by returning a non-faulty good but I think Tesco are okay with returning non-faulty goods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The shop I work in is closed anyway, the list won't be very big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I wonder would this include "sat4free" boxes??

Afaik, they are 300e at the moment including installation so minus 30%, they'd be around 210e, which aint too bad considering it includes installation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Just a quick tip:

If there's nothing wrong with it they don't have to refund it. If they do refund it when there's nothing wrong with it though what's to stop them from refunding it at the sale price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

mgsrocks wrote: »
    Do you work for tesco? Would the offer begin at midnight wednesday in the 24 hour shops?

I would imagine that all Tesco shops will shut early on Wednesday as it is New Years Eve and only certain ones will open for Sunday Hours on New Years Day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭johnfás

If there is nothing wrong with it you have no right to a refund and they are given at the store's discretion. Beyond which, even if they do give you a refund they are under no obligation to sell it back to you. They can just give you your refund and send you on your way selling it to another customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

So, does anybody have a list of which shops are open on thurs?
    Galway in particular for me. I know dunnes are open 12-6 which might mean all the bigger shops in Galway are also open.......

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

I bought a DVD player in Tesco Merrion today. They had the 30% discount in effect today, with posters on display. On the receipt, it just had the usual number of points listed, so I queried it at customer service, and was told that the 30% points rebate would be applied to my account in about 48 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭onlinegamer

so this is not cash off at the till as previously stated

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭bee_dix

Tesco Clearwater open 10am till 6pm.

This is off-topic but just saw it posted on the playstation forum:
    'Just heard that sony has taken 35% off the price of a Ps3 in the Usa so it will probably happen here as well.
    So if you are going to buy a Ps3 you are better off waiting a bit.'

so their could be a reduction coming on the ps3, so if you're looking for a ps3 and don't get the tesco deal there could be a reduction coming anyway..

EDIT: there may be absolutely no truth in this can't find anything online,but you never know..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Report here. Sony say the next PS3s will cost them 35% less to manufacture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Shamrok wrote: »
    Report here. Sony say the next PS3s will cost them 35% less to manufacture.
    Just because it is 35% cheaper to make, that doesn't mean it will get a 35% price drop. It will probably be another few months before the PS3 gets a price drop.

when i read the post i thought they meant the actual price and not cost..cheers for the link

• Advertisement

so this is not cash off at the till as previously stated

30% OFF which means OFF.

ARKLOW
    CLAREHALL
    CLEARWATER
    CLONMEL
    WEXFORD
    WILTON
    DUNDRUM
    MAYNOOTH
    GALWAY
    ARDKEEN
    NEW ROSS
    KILLARNEY PARK
    DROGHEDA EXTRA
    MAHON POINT
    TULLAMORE

There is also express stores open but they wont stock any electrical.
    Just found out Sat nav, Ipods and Ipod gift cards are included.

As are sattelite and freeview boxes, in amswer to a previos query.

Jarvis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭jesterhead

Galway have a Sony Bravia 32"hd tv for 499, sowould work out at 350euro after vouchers back, bargain! Don't know the model no. though.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

What time will dundrum open on the 1st?

jesterhead wrote: »
    Galway have a Sony Bravia 32"hd tv for 499, sowould work out at 350euro after vouchers back, bargain! Don't know the model no. though.

IT'S MONEY OFF. MONEY OFF. MONEY OFF!!!!!!

OFF!

IT'S MONEY OFF.

bangs head against wall again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

ARKLOW
    CLAREHALL
    CLEARWATER
    CLONMEL
    WEXFORD
    WILTON
    DUNDRUM
    MAYNOOTH
    GALWAY
    ARDKEEN
    NEW ROSS
    KILLARNEY PARK
    DROGHEDA EXTRA
    MAHON POINT
    TULLAMORE

Jarvis

Is that the complete list?
    Or will any of the stores in Limerick be open ?

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭psicic

IT'S MONEY OFF. MONEY OFF. MONEY OFF!!!!!!

OFF!

IT'S MONEY OFF.

bangs head against wall again

What? Vouchers you say? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

psicic wrote: »
    What? Vouchers you say? :pac:

What kind of vouchers? Club card poiints?:D

Cash is good.

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Is that the complete list?
    Or will any of the stores in Limerick be open ?

Think that's the lot, a number of smaller shops will be open but most likely won't have electrical lines.

J

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭onlinegamer

and this is defo for 1 day only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

ARKLOW
    CLAREHALL
    CLEARWATER
    CLONMEL
    WEXFORD
    WILTON
    DUNDRUM
    MAYNOOTH
    GALWAY
    ARDKEEN
    NEW ROSS
    KILLARNEY PARK
    DROGHEDA EXTRA
    MAHON POINT
    TULLAMORE

Jarvis

Thanks Jarvis, you've saved me a nice few quid with your tesco posts. :)

Special offers running in all tesco stores from Thursday to Monday.

was now
    Goodmans 42" LCD 799 749
    Goodmans 37" LCD 795 699
    Bush 40" LCD 899 749
    Goodmans 26" LCD 499 429
    Goodmans 32" LCD 645 549
    Goodmans 40" LCD 895 699
    Buch 32" LCD 495 449

Take another 30% off these prices for Thursday stores.
    I don't have model numbers or know if any particular store has specific stock of these lines

I'd be willing to bet though that if you're early enough most of the staff will be unaware of these low prices.

If they are maked with a more expensive price take it to a till and ask for a price check and you should receive the discounted prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I take it the stores not listed will have these deals on Friday morning, Jarvis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Jarvis,

I'm looking to get a DVD recorder with HDD but when I was in Jervis at lunchtime, there were none there.

I'm intending to purchase in Dundrum as I have a voucher for out there. Do you know of any DVD-R + HDD that are available?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

jesterhead wrote: »

Sony KDL-32u4000. Was looking at tv sales the other day and took a picture of it on my phone. Didn't check whether it was good though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭madmik

Not sure how much of a bargain this is, considering the sterling options at the moment but thought I'd let you know anyway.

Thursday, for one day only the limited number of Tesco stores that are open,will have 30% OFF all electrical.
    Basically everything with a plug from games consoles to power tools to TV's to airwick plug ins!!!!

not wanting to piss on your parade or anything but tescos is closed on thursday (new years day)

Jervis St Branch anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Sony KDL-32u4000. Was looking at tv sales the other day and took a picture of it on my phone. Didn't check whether it was good though.

Yeah but this low price for this tv finishes on the 1st so not sure do they mean that it will still be that price on the first or it will be back up to €649

Shamrok wrote: »
    I take it the stores not listed will have these deals on Friday morning, Jarvis?

They will but they won't have the further 30% Off

madmik wrote: »
    not wanting to piss on your parade or anything but tescos is closed on thursday (new years day)

Jervis St Branch anyway

Don't unzip your trousers yet....Try reading the earlier posts first.
    It'll help you avoid the whole shameful pissing in public thing.:P

dcr22B wrote: »
    Jarvis,

I'm looking to get a DVD recorder with HDD but when I was in Jervis at lunchtime, there were none there.

I'm intending to purchase in Dundrum as I have a voucher for out there. Do you know of any DVD-R + HDD that are available?

Thanks

they had a 160gb dvd recorder in artane and Clarehall last week for €139. Not sure of make or quality or even if they still have them. Sorry, not much help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Anyone know what sat navs and an idea of price range that they stock in Clairehall or Clearwater.Not looking for anything to fancy maybe TomTom one or XL.Havent been in either Tescos in ages.This 30% off could make it very tempting.Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭johnfás

Anyone know if the 24 hour branches of Tesco are open New Years Eve and thus this offer will start at 12:01 or are they closed that night and so it will start at whatever time they open on 01/01, say 10:00 or whatever?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭brophy

Jarvis can you tell me is the 30% off in the TESCO up the north as well? or can you give me a number i can call to find out......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

johnfás wrote: »
    Anyone know if the 24 hour branches of Tesco are open New Years Eve and thus this offer will start at 12:01 or are they closed that night and so it will start at whatever time they open on 01/01, say 10:00 or whatever?

As far as I know after calling Tesco Dundrum, it will be 10am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

It's €449 now

johnfás wrote: »

Tesco clarehall and clearwater are both closing at 8pm on the 31st and reopening at 10am on the 1st. My guess is its the same for all Tesco 24 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Whats Tescos policy on returning items? Say you buy TV, not happy with it and want to return it? Are they a pain in the Arse to deal with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

Just a quick tip:

Stores do not have to refund you for an item if there is no fault or other problem that is covered in the various sale of goods acts. Essentially just changing your mind about a purchase is not a legally backed up reason for refund. Most shops do this as a matter of customer relations.

Not that what you are suggesting isn't a good idea but I just feel people should know that there is not a right to a refund there strictly speaking in case they couldn't afford the non-discounted price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭jesterhead

Yeah I'd guess that Sony will go back up on the first. Still though, get in early enough and the staff prob won't have changed the price back up! Oh and its 449 not 499!

Also, Dunnes in Galway(dunno bout elsewhere) are currently doing 20% back on your clubcard on tvs. They have a Nordmende 42"(Full HD I think) for 799, so about 640 after deal. And the biggest bargain, an Electronix 37" for 499! So only 399 after deal! Plenty there at 6 this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Anyone know if Market Green, Midleton would have this 30% off on thursday? Its a pretty big Tesco and was 24 hour up until recently

• Advertisement
Advertisement