Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

30% OFF Electrical Tesco

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭coghlac3

Like the look of this sale. great wotk Jarvis.

Am hopin to pick up a wii on this, and have been trying to get through to Clarehall and Clearwater with no luck.

ANyone know if the sale applies to games consoles, and if they have Wiis in stock???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Does any one no if any tesco's have the clasic ipod's looking to pick up one of the 120 gig ipod's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭onlinegamer

i was in the Mullingar, Athlone and Tullamore branches today asking about the ps3 and they all said they have none in stock

some staff new about the 30% offer happening on thursday so i recon theres a good chance the staff have them reserved for them selves

Does any one no if any tesco's have the clasic ipod's looking to pick up one of the 120 gig ipod's

they had a whole range of ipods in tullamore not sure what size they were, they had all different colours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Theres a philips 20" lcd thats €299 now so that will be about €198, also cello ipod dock 20" lcd mp4 player now €329 will be €209 that's all my vouchers spent.

Offer doesn't include computer accessories such as printer for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

johnfás wrote: »
    Anyone know if the 24 hour branches of Tesco are open New Years Eve and thus this offer will start at 12:01 or are they closed that night and so it will start at whatever time they open on 01/01, say 10:00 or whatever?

All stores are closed at 8pm at the latest. They may look open as some staff are in but all closed!

PS last time there was a sale like this (Easter Sunday) there was a que outside the door and hour before opening time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Theres a philips 20" lcd thats €299 now so that will be about €198, also cello ipod dock 20" lcd mp4 player now €329 will be €209 that's all my vouchers spent.

Offer doesn't include computer accessories such as printer for some reason.
    If it's anything like their last electrical sale they will up the sticker prices before the sale commences. I hope not, but they did it last time.:mad:

i was looking to pick up an epson printer.. did you see what else it excludes? i presume you seen a big poster someplace ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭jimogr

There are about 20 42" LG Plasmas in Clarehall - marked down to 699 (from 899), so they'll be 490 with this offer. This is the one:
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/1772711/art/lg/42pg1000-plasma-screen.html

• Advertisement

jimogr wrote: »
    There are about 20 42" LG Plasmas in Clarehall - marked down to 699 (from 899), so they'll be 490 with this offer. This is the one:
    Wish you luck. But as I said earlier, with last sale in electricals they changed the sticker price on the day of the sale. Maybe this time they will not do this and it will be €490; but more likely 30% off original €899 = €631. I hope I am wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Resolution: 1,024 x 768 pixels
    On a 42 inch. Oh dear.

Only one HDMi socket too.
    It looks very much like the dusty legacy HDTV that it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Syferus wrote: »
    On a 42 inch. Oh dear.

Dont think its the same model as the one I saw showed 3 hdmi sockets listed on the box didn't take the model number though think its this one http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.203-3450.aspx
    although still not full HD :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Dont think its the same model as the one I saw showed 3 hdmi sockets listed on the box didn't take the model number though think its this one http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.203-3450.aspx
    although still not full HD :(

Still though, that for 490e aint too shabby. HD gaming and bluray will still look pretty nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Syferus wrote: »
    On a 42 inch. Oh dear.

What kind of resolution should you be looking for on a 42"? I'm hoping to get one so would appreciate the advice! And how many HDMi sockets should I want? What are they used for!!!

joey54 wrote: »
    What kind of resolution should you be looking for on a 42"? I'm hoping to get one so would appreciate the advice! And how many HDMi sockets should I want? What are they used for!!!

1920x1080 should be what your looking for at 42" for full HD, you can live with the 768, minimum HDMI's on latest sets is 3, they are used for connecting devices like PS3's Xbox 360's Blu-ray players, Sky HD boxes etc, 3 should be ok for standard needs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭madmik

jarvis wrote: »
    Don't unzip your trousers yet....Try reading the earlier posts first.
    It'll help you avoid the whole shameful pissing in public thing.:P

its only shameful if ur ashamed of it! ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

jimogr wrote: »

999 in Mahon Point for 42" LG Plasmas so they must have marked them up already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

parsi wrote: »

Typical Tesco. Bit of advice for everyone-stay at home tomorrow. Had my heart broken with these Tesco deals before:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

lindtee wrote: »
    Typical Tesco. Bit of advice for everyone-stay at home tomorrow. Had my heart broken with these Tesco deals before:rolleyes::rolleyes:

In terms of stock availability, or pricing shenanigans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

No the 42" LG is in todays Indo Tesco ad for €489.30
    and by the way eveybody this is advertised as a15 store special so its only available in the 15 stores listed by Jarvis

• Advertisement

ellobee wrote: »
    No the 42" LG is in todays Indo Tesco ad for €489.30
    and by the way eveybody this is advertised as a15 store special so its only available in the 15 stores listed by Jarvis

Do they list the 32 inch sony?

Anybody know how much stock they have in Clarehall or Clearwater?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

spockety wrote: »

Anybody know how much stock they have in Clarehall or Clearwater?

It says offer available on all tv's but they only list 2 examples the 42"lg
    and a 20" philips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Note that Argos are doing the Sony 32V4000 for €499 - half price... much better than the U that was mentioned here earlier...

In terms of stock availability, or pricing shenanigans?

Both!

ixtlan wrote: »
    Note that Argos are doing the Sony 32V4000 for €499 - half price... much better than the U that was mentioned here earlier...

The U is an Ugly looking TV, had a look at it Tesco Clonmel and Power City had it as well, it might be a good deal but it just doesn't look great.
    Also was in Tesco Maynooth last night and they had damn all stock of decent TVs last night, must tv's on display had the red out of stock beside the price.

ixtlan wrote: »

Hmm, Currys and Richer sounds had that one for 299 pounds earlier in the week.

And indeed Argos have it for 342 pounds if you're willing to travel north of the border.

Hmm, Currys and Richer sounds had that one for 299 pounds earlier in the week.

Are you sure you're not thinking of the W? that goes for nearer a grand (full hd 1080 lines)

No its the V his on about listed here http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5293805/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+entertainment+and+sat+nav%7C10391911/c_2/2%7Ccat_10391911%7CTelevisions%7C11845989.htm

Aye sorry, saw that and edited my original post.

But the V is 300-350 up norf if you're willing to travel and can find stock.

Cheap electronics in Sterling won't last forever though. People down here are bleating on about "rip off" shops selling a TV for 1000 that is only 600 in the UK etc. The only reason those Tv's are so cheap is because they were bought at a favourable exchange rate while the pounds was still strong earlier in the year.

The next batch of TVs coming in from Japan will see British consumers facing higher prices for them as sterling suffers against the yen the same way it has against the Euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

This honestly isn't the case. If this has happened it's an error. It should be at the lower price. Try another store.

boopolo wrote: »
    Wish you luck. But as I said earlier, with last sale in electricals they changed the sticker price on the day of the sale. Maybe this time they will not do this and it will be €490; but more likely 30% off original €899 = €631. I hope I am wrong.
    parsi wrote:

WOW. They are getting worse. They are not only taking it off the sale price of €631 back to €899 but are adding a further €100 on to it bring it in at €999 before sale. That will mean it is the same price as yesterday for tomorrows 'sale' (€999-30%= €699).

Take the OPs advice and stay away from Tescos so called sales. Unless there is something specific that you know they have not increased pre-sale.

Boo

• Advertisement

This honestly isn't the case. If this has happened it's an error. It should be at the lower price. Try another store.
    Well you said further back in this thread that it will be 30% off already discounted prices.

So will it be 30% off the price of €699 (which this item cost yesterday) = €491 = good

Or will it be 30% off original everyday price of €899 = €631

Or will it be 30% off Tescos 'new price' €999 = €699 (same as yesterday)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

would anyone goto the trouble of scanning in a copy of the independent ad for this sale

not feeling the best so dont fancy leaving the house

thanks

Well you said further back in this thread that it will be 30% off already discounted prices.

So will it be 30% off the price of €699 (which this item cost yesterday) = €491 = good

Or will it be 30% off original everyday price of €899 = €631

Or will it be 30% off Tescos 'new price' €999 = €699 (same as yesterday)

Correct!
    I did say that!

Promotional cycles run in a 3 or else 4 week blocks. When a promotion starts the signage used will have an end date. If this end date is prior to Jan 1st then the products will have reverted back to full price. However, once one cycle ends, another starts so if the hardware offers end today a new batch of offers start tomorrow!
    I listed a number of one off Promotions earlier in the thread and these will be live Tomorrow for 5 days, so the stores open tomorrow will be giving an additional 30% off these offers!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Just to let folks know i'm about 90% sure this dosn't include consoles as they are labled under computers which are definitly not included

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Just to let folks know i'm about 90% sure this dosn't include consoles as they are labled under computers which are definitly not included

I thought it was 30% off all electrical (which would include computers)?

mgsrocks wrote: »
    I thought it was 30% off all electrical (which would include computers)?

nope, apparently not, and ive since got confirmation that it dosnt include consoles

grimm2005 wrote: »
    nope, apparently not, and ive since got confirmation that it dosnt include consoles

Dahm, thought i had just saved myself a trip to newry. Where did you hear that?

mgsrocks wrote: »
    Dahm, thought i had just saved myself a trip to newry. Where did you hear that?

head office

edit: speakin of which (bit off topic, sorry) where would the closest big shopping centre/district up north be to dublin and how long would it take to get there by train or car? the fantastic exchange rate has me diein to get some bargains!

Just saw the ad in the independent:

"offer excludes moble phones, computers and computer accessories"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 mad_for_it

i know 1 branch that staff have ps3 reserved for themselvs! that will be a kick in the a$$ for them if consoles are excluded :D

mad_for_it wrote: »
    i know 1 branch that staff have ps3 reserved for themselvs! that will be a kick in the a$$ for them if consoles are excluded :D

im sure of it mate, i have a relative in head office who checked for me

I've edited this podt three times now so this is the last time and I'm sticking my neck out and saying consoles WILL be included!!!!
    Don't think I'm wrong but Grimm put a little doubt in my mind with his previous posts.
    Think your relative is wrong Grimm!!!
    Pc's are excluded and console games are excluded but consoles = included.

If I'm wrong....I'm wrong but I really don't think I am. Sorry Grimm

Jarvis

Yes cause it is in Tesco Maynooth 10mins ago at €699 reduced from €899.

Yes cause it is in Tesco Maynooth 10mins ago at €699 reduced from €899.

Thanks Boo, don't suppose you noticed the end date, just to confrim it doesn't end today?
    Don't think it does mind!

J

Saw no date on it. There was a pallet of them in boxes with yellow sticker 699. Pallets of the Goodmans ones too. I suppose that 30% off the Sony BD350 would be a good deal. There was a guy in there asked me was it any good. I said yes and 30% off €325 = €227.50

• Advertisement

I've edited this podt three times now so this is the last time and I'm sticking my neck out and saying consoles WILL be included!!!!
    Don't think I'm wrong but Grimm put a little doubt in my mind with his previous posts.

Jarvis

Well ill be first in that que at clearwater tomorrow so ill let you know. If not then ill just get one up north sometime this week. No big loss.

Jarvis

hmm, guess we've heard conflicting things cos ive been told they deffo won't be but i guess we'll just have to wait and see. Would love it if they were cos i wouldnt mind gettin 40% off a ps3 (staff discount :D) purely for the bluray player, although that said a stand alone bd player could also be an option although i'm not sure how much dundrum sells in the line of electronics and getting to maynooth is unlikely to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mad_for_it

does anyone else have a staff discount card and live in / near tullamore/athlone/mullingar/longford :)

in return I will give you a 50euro mp3/4 player race car sub woofer! thats still sealed in box. reason being i dont own an mp3 player so it will never be used

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Anyone with the Indo ad in front of them able to clarify this?

Is the LG 42" Plasma this one (42PG1000), or this (42PG3000)?

Not your ornery onager

I picked up the Tesco sale booklet thing earlier and the offers do seem genuine. I'd advice anyone who is going to go tomorrow to bring the indo ad or the sale booklet thing incase there are any pricing sheenanigans going afoot-You can then pull it out:pac::pac: and demand it at the advertised price.

Not sure has this been posted already but-

Sony 32"LCD- €499 (save 149.40 tomorrow)
    Philips 20"LCD crystal clear - €299 (save €89.70 tomorrow)
    Philips 26"LCD crystal clear - €449 (save €134.70 tomorrow)
    LG 42" HD Digital Plasma TV - €699 (save €209.70 tomorrow)
    Goodmans 37" LCD HD TV - €795 (save €238.50 tomorrow)

No model numbers on booklet.

Just says offer excludes mobile phones, computers and computer accessories, No mention of consoles.

Tesco Wilton and Mahon point open tomorrow for fellow corkonians.

• Advertisement
Advertisement