Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

30% OFF Electrical Tesco

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Glos

esel wrote: »
    Anyone with the Indo ad in front of them able to clarify this?

Is the LG 42" Plasma this one (42PG1000), or this (42PG3000)?

Checked model numbers today.
    Its the LG 42PG3000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

lindtee wrote: »
    I picked up the Tesco sale booklet thing earlier and the offers do seem genuine. I'd advice anyone who is going to go tomorrow to bring the indo ad or the sale booklet thing incase there are any pricing sheenanigans going afoot-You can then pull it out:pac::pac: and demand it at the advertised price.

Not sure has this been posted already but-

Sony 32"LCD- €499 (save 149.40 tomorrow)
    Philips 20"LCD crystal clear - €299 (save €89.70 tomorrow)
    Philips 26"LCD crystal clear - €449 (save €134.70 tomorrow)
    LG 42" HD Digital Plasma TV - €699 (save €209.70 tomorrow)
    Goodmans 37" LCD HD TV - €795 (save €238.50 tomorrow)

No model numbers on booklet.

Just says offer excludes mobile phones, computers and computer accessories, No mention of consoles.

Tesco Wilton and Mahon point open tomorrow for fellow corkonians.

I'm confused. Does that mean the 32" sony will be only 350e tomorrow??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Zonda999 wrote: »
    I'm confused. Does that mean the 32" sony will be only 350e tomorrow??

Sorry if I wasn't clear! You will get the €150ish back in your next clubcard mailing! So in essence yes, it will be €350 tomorrow.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I've just been over to Clarehall to have a gander.

The Sony 32 inch is the KDL32L4000, not a KDL32U4000.
    They have the price sticker removed from it, so I can't see it's current price.
    I asked staff who was loitering around how much it was, and he said "Well tomorrow it'll be about 340 something.. but there are loads of people coming around for them at 10am". I asked "for the Sony in particular?".. "yes". I asked how many they had, and he said "only a few".

I'm not going to bother.. godspeed to those who head down there, let us know how you get on.

By the way, they have loads of Phillips 26 inchers, saw a pallet of at least 15.
    They also have loads of the LG 42 inch ones at 699. PG3000 model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Sorry if I wasn't clear! You will get the €150ish back in your next clubcard mailing! So in essence yes, it will be €350 tomorrow.
    I thought jarvis made it clear earlier in the thread that it was money off at the till??? :confused:

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mad_for_it

its cash off tomorrow at the tills not in the club mailing statement ;)

esel wrote: »
    I thought jarvis made it clear earlier in the thread that it was money off at the till??? :confused:

Sorry! Haven't read through everything...just presumed it was going be be clubcard:o:o

Now I'm trying to resist the tempation of going myself to buy few items...Damn you bargain alerts...I've been let down before by Tesco alerts....but maybe its worth another try! Noooooooooooooooooooooo, I now have to convince myself that going is a bad idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Sorry just asking again as I wasnt able to get over to either but does anyone have any info on what GPS are in Claierhall and Clearhall.Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭sdanseo

grimm2005 wrote: »
    head office

edit: speakin of which (bit off topic, sorry) where would the closest big shopping centre/district up north be to dublin and how long would it take to get there by train or car? the fantastic exchange rate has me diein to get some bargains!

Wrong thread tbh

Newry, the Quays in the city centre or B&Q, PC World, MFI & Currys plus one or two others in a retail park on the outskirts, not sure what it's called.

Better bargains further North, and less traffic. And wait a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

So the sony 32" will be 350e cash. That is a bargain if its the 32u4000 but not so much of a bargain if its the 32L4000.

Anyone know for sure how much the sat4free HD set top boxes(Incl installation) will be tomorrow??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 mad_for_it

they should be as it would fall under the tv sections like dvd players would be included?
    are the sat4free boxes any good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

spockety wrote: »
    I've just been over to Clarehall to have a gander.

The Sony 32 inch is the KDL32L4000, not a KDL32U4000.

Tesco Wilton in Cork is definitely the KDL32U4000 so it seems there are different models in each store.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

As Dundrum is 24 hour, that offer should be available from 12.01am NYD there should it not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

As Dundrum is 24 hour, that offer should be available from 12.01am NYD there should it not?

No.
    All stores close tonight as it's new years. They open at 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Cheers.

Good luck to everyone going for one of these offers in the morning(me thinks you'll need it somehow, if there's any left after staff take their pick of the best!!)

It will be interesting to hear if anyone gets a decent bargain. Might head out after the madness to get a new toaster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Does this include games or is it just consoles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Not games, only consoles.

Also it includes health and beauty electricals, toothbrushes, hair dryers, shavers, straighteners etc.

Just back from Clearwater and they had no sat navs at all:mad:Tv's seemed to be flying off the shelves so cant see them lasting much longer.Also Ipods were going fast.Consoles are included as people were buying PS3's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Just back from Clearwater and they had no sat navs at all:mad:Tv's seemed to be flying off the shelves so cant see them lasting much longer.Also Ipods were going fast.Consoles are included as people were buying PS3's.

Clarehall was crazy, as soon as the doors opened people sprinted up and were just throwing tv's on trollies. Wont be going to one of those again.

P.S: Hi to any boarsies i saw in the que.

mgsrocks wrote: »
    Clarehall was crazy, as soon as the doors opened people sprinted up and were just throwing tv's on trollies. Wont be going to one of those again.

P.S: Hi to any boarsies i saw in the que.

Same in clearwater.People were in line but as soon as the shutters opened it was afree for all.You didnt happen to notice any sat navs there mgsrocks.Might take a trip over after when things settle down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

I got 20% off gamin sat nav in 02 shop for my pal for Christmas,sale offer til the 4th i think:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

What a load of crap, I was queueing in Tesco Wilton at 9.30.. by 10 there was more than 50 ppl there easily, We all rushed in when it opened..
    Of course it was only crappy tv's there, absolutely no sign of the bravia's and it was clear the staff had taken them.. They were there yesterday yet today there is no sign of them, no tags on any shelfs relating to them and the staff all spewing the same crap about them being sold out.. Even though there was none at all on the shelves today!

A load of people were rushing to buy those crappy LG Plasmas for 490 but at a resolution of 1024x768 they are pretty useless.. they had a load of them in stock though.

So anyway after the Wilton disappointment I went down to Mahon Point.. No sign of Bravia's on the shelfs or anywhere..
    Next thing I see a man coming out of nowhere with a bravia and with 2 staff members.. I asked the staff member if there were any left but of course that was "the last one".. I hung out near the till and saw that the guy only payed 290something.. It was one of the self checkouts and a tesco staff member pressed a good few buttons before he paid so my guess is he was given a staff discount on top of the 30%.. These bravia's were not on display so thats more proof they were all taken by staff or reserved by staff for other people..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

halfords have some really good offers on sat navs too, Tom Tom One Europe was €99 I think

Its a well known fact that the staff reserve the best items for themselves! (well there has to be some benefits to working there!) Sorry to hear you had a wasted journey redisle. The worst thing is that in the North, the tv would be probably less than that on a normal day. I'm def thinking of heading up there next month to buy some stuff. Brother(jayteecork) suggested we hire a van and stock up for family and friends while we are at it. If we weren't so far away I'd be going up on a regular basis.
    Couldn't even be bothered heading out later to have a gander for a toaster-its a pity that these Tesco sales turn out like this for most of us normal folk. Off to the north with me, to buy my electricals!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Couldn't even be bothered heading out later to have a gander for a toaster-its a pity that these Tesco sales turn out like this for most of us normal folk.

I'm in the same boat. I headed to the Tesco sales twice for electronics. If you're not first in the door it's not worth it. They had cheap booze for sale before Christmas. Went on sale at 11AM. I went up during lunch to admire an empty pallet. I think they brought pallets out intermittantly after that but who could really be bothered to try and chase that elusive tenner off. I just bought it in a closer supermarket. It was probably worth more to me in time I didn't waste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Think it is time for a formal complaint to Tesco about the staff robbing the offers from the public, bet it fall on deaf ears though.

MC

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Think it is time for a formal complaint to Tesco about the staff robbing the offers from the public, bet it fall on deaf ears though.

MC

Yeah but who do you send the complaint to? Tesco staff? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

As a matter of interest if one had been lucky enough to grab a ps3 with this offer what price would it have come to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    As a matter of interest if one had been lucky enough to grab a ps3 with this offer what price would it have come to?

I got it for €280 with little big planet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Was at Clearwater, total bedlam. Q'd from 9am, at 9:54 saw a guy coming out of side enterance with 2 Bravia's in his trolley, store did not open till 10!! Spoke to the guy in the electrical department, he said they should not have advertised the Bravia as they had very few of them. Obviously the staff got them...
    I'll be ringing head office on Monday. and following it up with a letter to Tony Keohane, their CEO.

As an aside, I saw a better Bravia in Sainsburys in Newry for £350. They had plenty of them. I am seriously thinking of doing my shopping up their on a full time basis. Tesco are not loosing money when selling it at €350ish......Shows how much they are ripping us off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Anybody been to Dundrum? Any PS3's left??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

Glenbhoy wrote: »

I got the 80gb Motorstorm pack, also got Tiger Woods 09, total was 314.98, (PS3 was 280).A bit of a bargain as TW09 was also reduced..

Thanks to the OP for the heads up.;)

Tesco's in Maynooth had some Bravia's left before 11 but none now, people were buying three TV's, never seen so many trolleys full of telly's!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

Yeah but who do you send the complaint to? Tesco staff? :D
    1850 744 844 option 4 is customer service ask for address for head honcho. but when this was raised before i seem to recall some people here say staff are customers too:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭onlinegamer

the ps3's in tllamore were all 80 gigs.. toy city were doing the 160 gigs @ 225 euro with 4 games

did anyone see the 160 gigs in any of the tescos??

i presume this ofer is for 1 day only

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

the ps3's in tllamore were all 80 gigs.. toy city were doing the 160 gigs @ 225 euro with 4 games

did anyone see the 160 gigs in any of the tescos??

i presume this ofer is for 1 day only

160GB with 4 games for 225?

You're having a laugh right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

when this was raised before i seem to recall some people here say staff are customers too:D

That they are, but that is a piss take. Lets do a deal for customers, but you actually cant get any of them. Years ago when i worked for one of the electrical retailers, they had their own deals but we wernt allowed to buy the stuff in advance with the permission of the group sales manager.

woooo232 wrote: »
    Anybody been to Dundrum? Any PS3's left??

My next question!! The prices are decent, but not much better than the pre-christmas prices up north (and with the further deterioration of stg since), so i'll prob wait and purchase up there (i'm up very regularly).
    Still, credit due to the OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ladysman123

Where is this toycity everybody has been talking of? 225 euro for a 160 gig is amazing!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

jayteecork wrote: »

Nope they're having a 50% off sale. A friend of mine got a 360 elite for €150, my boss got a 360 arcade for €80.

• Advertisement

jayteecork wrote: »

Where is this toycity everybody has been talking of? 225 euro for a 160 gig is amazing!

A big write up about it here folks

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055448787

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I went up to Dundrum but no PS3's in stock. Oh well...

Thanks anyway OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Tesco's in Maynooth had some Bravia's left before 11 but none now, people were buying three TV's, never seen so many trolleys full of telly's!!

Yeah I got there just after 11. Serious amount of 40'' LG's going out the door. In fairness to the staff up there, they were very helpful. Probably because they were happy with their bargains?

Ah well. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

Wii Fit for €60... not bad.

Thanks OP. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Guaranteed people will be getting their Credit card statements in the post this week and as a result will be returning the TVs. We're in a recession, but with the way people are going on about buying PS3s and TVs, you'd swear the economy was doing well.

jarvis wrote: »
    ARKLOW
    CLAREHALL
    CLEARWATER
    CLONMEL
    WEXFORD
    WILTON
    DUNDRUM
    MAYNOOTH
    GALWAY
    ARDKEEN
    NEW ROSS
    KILLARNEY PARK
    DROGHEDA EXTRA
    MAHON POINT
    TULLAMORE

There is also express stores open but they wont stock any electrical.
    Just found out Sat nav, Ipods and Ipod gift cards are included.

As are sattelite and freeview boxes, in amswer to a previos query.

Jarvis

would rosscommon be open today ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Anyone know how much an xbox 360 and ds lite are today? Already have a ps3 and need to add some more consoles to my collection :)

And are they open 24hours today or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

Got a playstation 3 for 280 euro 80 gig with motor storm pacific rift in tesco finglas
    good deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

When do they close today?

• Advertisement

swingking wrote: »
    Guaranteed people will be getting their Credit card statements in the post this week and as a result will be returning the TVs. We're in a recession, but with the way people are going on about buying PS3s and TVs, you'd swear the economy was doing well.

We'll need something to keep us entertained when we're laid off;)
    But seriously, at the prices being quoted for these 'big ticket' electricals, buyers are getting decent prices. The Sonys are approx 1/3 of their price 6/7 months ago, the ps3 is also vastly reduced. These items have went from being items that were close to twice the average take home weekly pay to close to 1/2 the average weekly take home pay.

Advertisement