Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Graded?

Options
  • 29-12-2008 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭

So say if you wanted to be maybe a pit musician for musical theatre..would you have to be a certain grade to get a job as one.
    And where does one apply to get such a job or is there some sort of Guild or something that all certified musicians join and get jobs from there?

Any help appreciated!
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 leon45

It depends,
    What instrument do you play?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Oh, sorry. Should have mentioned.
    Bass guitar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I know there are grades for drums, so I guess there are grades for bass guitar. To go up grades you have to sit an exam of sorts. They usually involve you being able to sight read a piece or pieces of music. Grades go from 1 to 8, with 8 being the best. Music schools, or teachers would probably be able to help you organise sitting them.

If you want to be a pit player, you'd have to pass most of, if not all of the grades.
    Not sure how you would go about getting the job, try asking in any theatre's in your area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BleedTheF!FtH

I want to get graded playing guitar.. How do i go about that?
    Is there any exam i can take straight up or do i have to go to college and study or some sh!t?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

I want to get graded playing guitar.. How do i go about that?
    Is there any exam i can take straight up or do i have to go to college and study or some sh!t?

The Registry of Guitar Tutors (RGT) is a good way to go especially if you have no formal music background All the info is on their website about syllabus etc - it's just a matter of finding a teacher who will cover the syllabus towards preparing for the exam. They have same for Bass for OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

The Registry of Guitar Tutors (RGT) is a good way to go especially if you have no formal music background All the info is on their website about syllabus etc - it's just a matter of finding a teacher who will cover the syllabus towards preparing for the exam. They have same for Bass for OP!
    Just cheked it out. Filled out the online form for a free info pack. Should be here soon!
    Thanks a million.

For those who want the link its
    http://www.registryofguitartutors.co.uk/

Finding a tutor should be fun...:p

Advertisement