Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Crash repairs

Options
  • 29-12-2008 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi sorry new to this, just wondering has anyone had any expierence with crash repair shops in Dublin and if so could they recommend one.Had a crash the other day.Nice bit of damage to the front of car.Car seems to be driving 100% steering etc but every time the car is started theres a huge clattering noise from the engine for a second or two and then car drives quiet as normal.The bonnet is jamed shut so i cant have a look.any ideas what the sound could be ??? and any ideas for a good repair shop. thanks.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Make, model and year of your car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

My sister recently had work done by Crofton motors on Sundrive Road - I posted a question similar to yours here and they were recommended. I can spot a couple of flaws on the results but I've got an eye for that kind of thing and its nothing worse that comes out of the factory new. I'd recommend them - price was good and no funny stuff (she dealt with them herself and I've known at least one other well regarded body shop that takes financial advantage of unsuspecting females - not a problem in your case but at least you know that they're honest.)

They also did work for an elderly aunt of mine previously and same story - good work at a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭hallstatt

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    Make, model and year of your car?

95 bmw 320 coupe

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I've used Crofton too following recommendations from here - i'd second what 245 said.

Advertisement