Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time Crisis 4 on two screens??

Options
  • 29-12-2008 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Does anyone know how Time Crisis 4 (and other games on ps3 if possible) can be played on two separate screens in two player?

I read somewhere that you need HDMI Splitter (1 to 2) Premium Splitter Cable.. is this all i need??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Its possible im sure, but how is it going to work with shooting at the screen? Also it will only duplicate whatever is on one screen, it wont be a screen for each caracter (as in it will not be like the arcade version)

Like presumably the game communicates with one infa red bar by usb, so how does that work with two screens

• Registered Users Posts: 4 eliz

As far as i knew it would be like arcade version, one screen for each player.. but i don't have hard facts!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 83,278 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Its possible im sure, but how is it going to work with shooting at the screen? Also it will only duplicate whatever is on one screen, it wont be a screen for each caracter (as in it will not be like the arcade version)

Like presumably the game communicates with one infa red bar by usb, so how does that work with two screens
    What ever happened to light guns - very straightforward hit detection. Fecking kids and your wiimotes - you've all forgotten how Time Crisis worked in the past: the same way duckhunt did.

The only question I have is how you get the PS3 to run dual screen (without each screen being a clone of the other).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

only way you can do this to the best of my knowledge is with 2 ps3s over a lan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Overheal wrote: »
    What ever happened to light guns - very straightforward hit detection. Fecking kids and your wiimotes - you've all forgotten how Time Crisis worked in the past: the same way duckhunt did.

The only question I have is how you get the PS3 to run dual screen (without each screen being a clone of the other).

I'd love to go find out the exact reason come back and present it like I knew it all along but im just far too lazy!

Its something to do the technology that was used in duck hunt etc not being compatible with non CRT Tvs

HDMI splitter will only split the exact same signal into two, it cant display diffrent things

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,428 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd love to go find out the exact reason come back and present it like I knew it all along but im just far too lazy!

Its something to do the technology that was used in duck hunt etc not being compatible with non CRT Tvs

Old light gun games worked by turning the screen black with the hit points in white for a fraction of a second. Plasmas and LCDs just don't have the refresh rates to pull this off. The other method used by later lightguns times when the area the gun is aimed at is excited by the electron beam in the CRT display. Since LCD and Plasma screens refresh completley differently than CRT screens these lightguns, like the Gcon will not work since they rely on the unique way that CRT screens refresh.

Advertisement