Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

TV setup

• 29-12-2008 6:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    i'm looking for some advice or suggestions on how to progress with this setup.

The current setup:
    i've recently got a new Philips Full HD tv (37pfl5603) and home cinema dvd system (not HD) (HTS6510/05).
    I've got a xbox 360 elite (HD).
    I've got smart-telecom tv service (not HD).

the set-top box is connected via scart to the tv.
    the xbox is connected via hdmi to the tv.
    the home cinema is connected to the tv via scart and audio in.

The desire:
    To be able to get all audio to output via the home cinema.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Would hdmi work between all the boxes?

Thanks,
    David

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

connect your xbox and home cinema by hdmi, and set top box by scart. Then run a digital coax lead from the tv digital out to the home cinema coax digital input.
    p.s. if the set top box has hdmi, use it too as it will give a better picture.

job done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

cheers for this
    i connected the dvd and the tv via hdmi and it worked a treat
    i played around with cables that were included and some of the settings, and now have lovely surround sound with tv and the xbox - so all is good :-)

Advertisement