Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's Play Off Time

• 29-12-2008 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

Well, here we are.

Road to the Superbowl:D

Falcons @ Cardinals
    Colts @ Chargers
    Ravens @ Dolphins
    Eagles @ Vikings

Some great match ups for it. Colts Chargers is the pick of them with the AFCs two best quarterbacks coming up against each other.

4 road wins for me. Wonder what the odds on that are:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

SantryRed wrote: »
    Well, here we are.

Road to the Superbowl:D

Falcons @ Cardinals
    Colts @ Chargers
    Ravens @ Dolphins
    Eagles @ Vikings

Some great match ups for it. Colts Chargers is the pick of them with the AFCs two best quarterbacks coming up against each other.

Cardinals
    Colts @ Chargers
    Ravens @ Dolphins
    Eagles @ Vikings

Ye the 4 road teams are all stronger imo which shows the depth of quality in some divisions and the lack of it in others. I still think the Cardinals can beat the Falcons though because they're so good at home. The Vikings are not as complete as the Eagles, the Ravens defence will take care of the Dolphins and the Colts are coming in to the game as the best team in the NFL imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

SantryRed wrote: »

Based on the odds Paddy Power is giving, about 6-1. The odds on 4 home wins is about 45-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭JJ

Hey, I'm setting up a group for playoff fantasy football. If anyone wants to join, you can PM me your email address and I'll send you an invite. Some people around here may have received invites as I already had your email addresses.

The game is run by CBS Sports. It works on a salary cap format and you can only make 8 lineup changes after the Wild Card round starts so you need to use them wisely and make sure you select players who you think will advance to the Super Bowl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Hmm. I'll go with -

Falcons @Cardinals - Not sure here. Ryan and Turner'll get the job done or Warner will rip them to pieces, but the Cardinals have went 1-3 the past few weeks have they?

Colts @ Chargers - Chargers have been great but Peyton Manning's been even better, can't see the Bolts get this one.

Ravens @ Dolphins - That defense might be too much. Flacco's been running that offense too.

Eagles @ Vikings - Fancy the Eagles here, not taken on Vikings at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

Falcons @ Cardinals
    Colts @ Chargers
    Ravens @ Dolphins
    Eagles @ Vikings

Falcons have a decent QB and a good RB. It should be too much for the Cardinals. Arizona's division is on the poor side so I can see them getting shown up.

The last few Chargers Colts games have all been fairly tight. I can see the Chargers coming off a great win against Denver nicking this one.

An upset win here. Miami have shown that they can move the ball against a lot of teams. Their defence at times is shocking. In saying that, I'm not sure the Ravens offence are good enough to exploit it. Flacco is looking good but he's not all the way their yet. I can see the Dolphins connecting on a few big plays from the wildcat formation and pulling off the win. Besides, even the 2007 Dolphins beat the Ravens :)

Eagles really really should win this game. If McNabb and Westbrook have good games it shouldn't even be close. Vikings struggled to beat a second string Giants team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The cards are awful, I think they beat only 2 teams with a record of .500 or above. Falcons should do them easily. I think the chargers will beat the colts, gonna be an epic game though. Ravens will beat the phins and eagles will do the vikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

Falcons @ Cardinals - Falcons win, matt ryan has had a great season. Was a monster player at boston college and been that as my home town i will root for them.
    Colts @ Chargers - Colts are on fire now, i hate them though so will be cheering on the chargers. I'm a pats fan so forgive me.
    Ravens @ Dolphins - Ravens - Dolphins will be found out. They deserve alot of credit though.
    Eagles @ Vikings - The eagles should be good enough, Mcnabb has been playing well since got the kick up the arse he deserved.

galwaydude wrote: »
    The eagles should be good enough, Mcnabb has been playing well since got the kick up the arse he deserved.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Falcons @ Cardinals
    Colts @ Chargers
    Ravens @ Dolphins
    Eagles @ Vikings

Cards beat Atlanta because of that cliché about experience and the playoffs.

Colts beat the Chargers because of Peyton Manning, regular season MVP, future Super Bowl MVP, future Hall of Famer and probable All-Time QB.

Dolphins and Ravens will be tight and I don't really have any confidence picking either.

Eagles beat the Vikings, and I have vague hopes of McNabb leading them to a Super Bowl win and then leaving those hoagie-eating chumps for... the Rams? Plz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Falcons @ Cardinals
    Colts @ Chargers
    Ravens @ Dolphins
    Eagles @ Vikings

Four road wins for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Falcons @ Cardinals I can't see the hapless AFC worst/west winners beating the Falcons who have been so impressive over the last couple of weeks. Matt Ryan has been so impressive and fully deserved the Rookie of the year title.

Colts
    @ Chargers Its foolish to underestimate home advantage but really the Colts have been back to their very best towards the end of the season, and the Chargers have come close to their form of a year ago towoards the very end of the campaign. My head says that Manning leads the Colts to the win here, my gut says the Chargers do it, but I'll stick with the proven man under pressure and go for the Colts. For me this is the game of the weekend. I suppose it is for most people.

Ravens
    @ Dolphins These two met at Miami during the regular season and the Ravens beat them so I expect the same result again. Ravens by two touchdowns.
    Eagles @ Vikings Here is where I see a home win finally, the Vikings stuttered a bit when they got in position to win the division but they have made the playoffs and they are a serious outfit. The Eagles will have a tough time stopping Peterson, I see the Vikings defence taking control of the game and AP to have a big day and a resounding Minnesota win.

*** Warning, and we all seem to be doing it, picking teams on the road in the NFL is not a good way to go normally.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

There are some pretty aveage teams who made the playoffs this year its weird, luckily most of them have home games so the opportunity of a blowout is less likely.

Cant wait for the playoffs to start. Its the most exciting way in any sport around to win your competition. Full of controversity, tight games and last minute winning drives drive, etc. The only other competitons comparable are the Heinken Cup and the Soccer World Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Champions league deserves a mention in that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Falcons @ Cardinals
    Chargers
    Ravens @ Dolphins
    Eagles @ Vikings

really hope san diego can get through this game
    then go on and win it all:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Playoffs

Falcons @ Cardinals - First time Cards have hosted a playoff game in a very long time so should be a great occasion. Just think Ryan & Turner will be too much for them

Colts @ Chargers - Colts dont do well against the Chargers in general and both are on good runs. Chargers to win.

Ravens @ Dolphins - Defense will do their job but all depends on whether offense can get the job done for the Ravens

Eagles @ Vikings - This one rests on Petersons shoulders, if he does the business then it should be the Viks. Just think that Philadelphia have a better rounded offense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

4 away wins.The home teams are all a bit weak.Dolphins may upset the Ravens, and it depends on which Eagles side turns up but it should be comfortable for all 4 away teams.

IMO
    Depends on McNabb, if he brings his 'A-game' to the Vikings clash, can't see the Vikings climb out of it, even with Peterson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Falcons @ Cardinals
    Colts @ Chargers
    Ravens @ Dolphins
    Eagles @ Vikings

Just to be perverse, I'm going for 4 home wins. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

Falcons @ Cardinals
    Colts @ Chargers
    Ravens @ Dolphins
    Eagles @ Vikings

Peace out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

4 Away Wins for me

LT has a torn tendon in his groin - even if he plays, he'll be below par. It's maybe making me think this will go the Colts way. Especially if Gates is suffering too. Without the big threat LT is, Freeney and Mathis can go to town and put an awful lot of pressure on Rivers, who maybe won't even have Gates to offload to.

If Manning plays as well as he has been, and LT and Gates do struggle (or even don't play), then this game is only going to finish one way.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=503035

nice play what a catch !!!!!

cards up by 7 after a 42yd pass to fitzgerald in the red to beat double coverage!

Turner is struggling to make many runs. It's putting huge pressure on Ryan. He's coping well, but the Falcons won't win this unless they get the running game going soon.

v.good drive by falcons running game not up to much passing game saving them there good t.d 14-10 to cards

Typical ... TD Turner :pac:

davyjose wrote: »
    Typical ... TD Turner :pac:

lol t.d was 1st time they've made decent progress running it
    interception falcons ball:)

17-14 to Falcons

Ryan is converting a lot of his 3rd downs

Just up 17/21 on Ryans last 2/3 drives. Very efficient

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Go Cardinals! (please run the ball more, need to use James)

3 TD's for Arizona with 8 minutes of offense. Atlanta are throwing this one away.

Cardinals being treated badly by refs. Two bad decisions there

PS Need to run right more, Levi Brown's a monster

what was the falcons linebackers doing? Cards just need to run the clock down, shame Ryan didn't get the ball back for the last 2 mins.

Falcons are out of time-outs. Cards can run out the clock.

One home winner down, 3 to go. :pac:

Fantastic for Cardinals. Answered all the criticism. I get to wear my Fitzgerald jersey again next week:) (even if i actually wanted to get a boldin one!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Bender's Game

colts or chargers?

im not sure sd can do it without LT

Touchdown Colts!!!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭kev_s88

colts or chargers?

im not sure sd can do it without LT

LT is in and playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

kev_s88 wrote: »
    LT is in and playing

Damn right he's playing, TD :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

anyone got any worknig decent streams?

no worries got one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Never thought I'd say this but...

Did anyone see that punt?! Jesus!

Yeah, hell of a boomer!

Colts Punt Returning is Brutal! It put the offense under huge pressure which lead to SD's TD, and now they're back in their own 10 again :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

bs call

http://www.justin.tv/toddfpacker

password is eaglesvikings or vikingseagles.

Enjoy;)

Wow the end to the half was crazy, if that fumble happened a millisecond earlier the Colts would be in a heap. The Chargers have been impressive in the second quarter.

Its gonna be a great second half.

I don't normally come on while the game is on, but that was so stupid from the Colts. Its was clear that if they were going for it that they would throw it, very foolish at this early stage of the game. I shocked by that play call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

colts are way too smart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Well I don't think you can call that last play stupid!!!! Totally caught the Chargers asleep,lol!!!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Well I don't think you can call that last play stupid!!!! Totally caught the Chargers asleep,lol!!!
    Unbelievable at this level and especially in a playoff game. Typical Chargers, they always do something stupid like that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement