Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law regarding modchips in Ireland. Best Chip?

Options
  • 29-12-2008 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi All,

What is the law regarding supplying & fitting modchips in Ireland and the UK.
    Is it legal to sell pre-chipped WII's in Ireland?
    Is it legal to sell the chips & to chip WII's (& other consoles) for other people?
    What chip is best in your opinion the WIIkey2 or the DS2pro?

Thanks in advance,

Airways

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 dubharlinn

Hello!
    I'm also very interested in this thing.
    I usually install chips in Wii, PS-2 and I help to run homebrew application in Nintendo DS and PSP.
    I'd like to have information about irish law about this because some people are asking me to install chips in their consoles.

Does anybody know something?

Thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Macker14717

dont mod i got this done and it wrecked my xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Depends on what was done and who did it - anyone who does a good job should be able to unmod your system whenever you ask.

Original xbox modchips were amazing, the amount of tricks you could do.

If you mean the 360, a modchip is totally pointless, a firmware flash is 100%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

Modding a console is not against any law. Playing back ups of games you don't own is.

Modding a 360 is only against MS Terms for Xbox live. You own the thing if you decide to paint it green and stick 4 fans in it, and change the dvd drive to a tape deck. You can.
    The same way if you want to buy new wheels for your car, you can.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement