Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Man utd v Boro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

How has park not scored in this game? :D

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Its just not going to be Park's night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Giggs needs some advice on his hair loss, maybe Stephen Ireland could give him a tip or two? :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Stupid question, but who started as captain tonight given that there was no Ferdinand / Neville / Giggs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Scholes still can't tackle. :P

VDS was captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,921 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

VDS usually?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Van Der Sar was captain tonight.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

VDS was captain tonight.

FT: Another 1-0 win. We wont complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

"1-0 to the United...1-0 to the United..."

• Advertisement

:D at Setanta commentator at FT:

"Champions of Europe, Champions of the World, and in the absence of an inter-galactic title to chase, they're well placed to chase Liverpool for the PL"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

boring united:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Berba turning out to be the biggest flop since Veron. Spurs must be killing themselves with laughter...30m :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats the first time I've watched Utd in a PL game this season, not at all impressed. Pity is Liverpool won't get the chance to play you until March by which time thing may be different.

Highsider wrote: »
    Berba turning out to be the biggest flop since Veron. Spurs must be killing themselves with laughter...30m :D

Eh? Did you watch the same match I just watched?

Berba's passing among other things was excellent, and he scored the winner.

Oh wait he didn't score a hat-trick, so that must make him a flop

1-0 win. Nothing special with only glimpses of the talent that makes our attack so fearsome on paper. Defense looks solid as usual and unlike some seasons previously, I think theres enough depth as well with O'Shea seeming to have found some of his original promise and Evans seeming solid backup for Rio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Nothing great about the performance, Utd controlled possession for the most part and got the right result in the end.

mike65 wrote: »
    Thats the first time I've watched Utd in a PL game this season, not at all impressed. Pity is Liverpool won't get the chance to play you until March by which time thing may be different.

that's close to one of the most ridiculous statements i've ever read

united play constant beautiful slick passing football...

liverpool play like united maybe once or twice a year against poor op.

united dominated again for the best part of 90 minutes created chance after chance

granted the finishing was poor but i dont think VDS had much to do in the whole 90 minutes

25 shots 8 on target

your right....brutal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what game you watching?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Oh wait he didn't score a hat-trick, so that must make him a flop

Okay your right he is brilliant :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

ntlbell wrote: »

united play constant beautiful slick passing football...

Not tonight. Not against Stoke. Not against Sunderland. Not at Anfield earlier in the season. But constant. Good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭DenMan

Highsider wrote: »

Veron was a very good player. In fact Roy Keane said he was in his book. Me saying this being an Arsenal fan. Utd have to keep winning their games in hand, should they do they will be 1 point behind Liverpool. Been looking at the fixtures for the end of the season and Arsenal play Chelsea and Man Utd in successive weeks in May. Going to be very interesting to see how they pan out.

Berbatov continues to frustrate but there is a capability for absolute sublime close control that noone else can provide in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

feck off:p no yeah we're no the most impressive team at the moment we seriously need to improve at least we're getting the results but barely..definatley have to do something we're not getting the goals hopefully we'll improve in the new year we usually do

Not tonight. Not against Stoke. Not against Sunderland. Not at Anfield earlier in the season. But constant. Good one.

yes tonight.

yes against stoke.

yes against sunderland.

there's only so much you can do when a team come and put 10 men behind the ball

liverpool dont have to face that most of the time becauase most teams dont fear the attacking threat of liverpool and they play so negativley themselves...

• Advertisement

DenMan wrote: »
    Veron was a very good player. In fact Roy Keane said he was in his book.

Very talented player, no doubt. But he was a flop at United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

1 - 0 victories is what league winners do.

yes tonight.

yes against stoke.

yes against sunderland.

liverpool dont have to face that most of the time becauase most teams dont fear the attacking threat of liverpool and they play so negativley themselves...

Boro did NOT have 10 behind the ball, which is to thier credit, Utd had loads of space and even some time but clearly lack the kind of fast, precise passing that cut the opposition to threads last season.

Clearly you have little clue, most teams that visit Anfield park the bus these days. Which has caused the team some problems sadly.

no excuse but that pitch is a disgrace

yes tonight.

yes against stoke.

yes against sunderland.

1. Stoke attacked United and until they went down to 10 men looked the more likely to score.
    2. United were poor tonight, you can delude yourself and say otherwise if you like. Middlesbrough didn't put 10 men behind the ball they consistently got men forward.
    3. Sunderland did park the bus, but plenty have done the same at Anfield: Stoke and West Ham are two obvious examples (i know, we failed to score either time)

If you think United played beautiful football in their last 3 games, sorry, "constant beautiful football" then you don't know what beautiful football is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

3 more pts. There is nothing handed out till May

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭hughes2558

Berbatov did what he does best tonight...
    Very little impact in general play..One ball falls to him..Back of the net
    Thats how he is

hughes2558 wrote: »
    Thats how he is

should have bought Owen for cheap then if that's all that's required.

Boro did NOT have 10 behind the ball, which is to thier credit, Utd had loads of space and even some time but clearly lack the kind of fast, precise passing that cut the opposition to threads last season.

Clearly you have little clue, most teams that visit Anfield park the bus these days. Which has caused the team some problems sadly.

i wasn't really referring to boro parking the bus i was stating i think we played very well tonight granted it's not up to the standard united have set because the bar is set so high especially at old trafford.

if any other team dominated a team like that outside of the top 4 people would be harping on about how good of a performance it was it's just united have the bar so high a slight drop and people are taken any chance to try and talk them down

they dominated boro for 90 minutes they created chance after chance park could of had a hat trick ronaldo could of had one...

you dont created that many chances from playing badly it was just dodgey finishing

when liverpool were scraping wins at the start of the season not playing well pool fans cried out it was the metal of champions

when it;s united they're not impressive

cop on

1. Stoke attacked United and until they went down to 10 men looked the more likely to score.
    2. United were poor tonight, you can delude yourself and say otherwise if you like. Middlesbrough didn't put 10 men behind the ball they consistently got men forward.
    3. Sunderland did park the bus, but plenty have done the same at Anfield: Stoke and West Ham are two obvious examples (i know, we failed to score either time)

If you think United played beautiful football in their last 3 games, sorry, "constant beautiful football" then you don't know what beautiful football is.

so west ham park the bus liverpool draw.

stoke park the bus liverpool draw.

sunderland park the bus...united win

stoke park the bus...united win...

roysh

when liverpool were scraping wins at the start of the season not playing well pool fans cried out it was the metal of champions

when it;s united they're not impressive

cop on

it's you who needs to cop on. Nobody is saying United haven't shown the metal of champions. They have. This season and in previous ones. We're just disputing the quality of their performance. I've no idea why you're bringing Liverpool into it all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭DenMan

hughes2558 wrote: »
    Thats how he is

Well for Utd's sake I hope he can help out defensively against Inter Milan in the Champions League. Mourinho will know that.

so west ham park the bus liverpool draw.

stoke park the bus liverpool draw.

sunderland park the bus...united win

stoke park the bus...united win...

roysh

I'm not sure what you're arguing? Liverpool have trouble breaking down teams at home? Tell me something i don't know. Exactly what point are you trying to make?

I'm not sure what you're arguing? Liverpool have trouble breaking down teams at home? Tell me something i don't know. Exactly what point are you trying to make?

i'm trying to work out how uniteds performances are poor

they dominate possession they create tons of chances

they're winning there matches.

they're in a fantastic position how you can say they're playing badly is just bizzare

what more can they do?

beat everyone 4-0?

utds midfield is very limited with the likes of Fletcher

park had a very good game tonight but he's like Anderson can't shoot for ****
    if he could get some consistency in shooting on target he'd be a very good player
    1st choice

also tonights bench is very poor

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

it's you who needs to cop on. Nobody is saying United haven't shown the metal of champions. They have. This season and in previous ones. We're just disputing the quality of their performance. I've no idea why you're bringing Liverpool into it all the time.

"Feeeeeeeeeeeeed the scouuuuuuuuuuuusers....!"

i'm trying to work out how uniteds performances are poor

they dominate possession they create tons of chances

they're winning there matches.

they're in a fantastic position how you can say they're playing badly is just bizzare

what more can they do?

beat everyone 4-0?

Liverpool have dominated 90% of their matches this season, often with loads of possession and plenty of good chances, which we wasted. Yet a lot of those times we clearly didn't play well, and had one of our chances crept in and we'd won 1-0 that wouldn't have changed.

Liverpool have dominated 90% of their matches this season, often with loads of possession and plenty of good chances, which we wasted. Yet a lot of those times we clearly didn't play well, and had one of our chances crept in and we'd won 1-0 that wouldn't have changed.

well then it's just poor finishing and not playing badly?

if you pass the ball well have loads of possesion create a load of chances i'm failing to see how that's regarded as playing badly?

well then it's just poor finishing and not playing badly?

if you pass the ball well have loads of possesion create a load of chances i'm failing to see how that's regarded as playing badly?

United passed the ball ok tonight. Gave it away a good bit. A more incisive team than Boro may have made them pay. They created plenty of chances, yes, but more down to persistence than brilliance. Brilliant they certainly were not. I'm sure plenty of your own fans will admit that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

Lads can ye stop making this an argument between liverpool and united! This is a thread about the united and boro match, go somewhere else if ye wanna argue about liverpool and united. it's getting very annoying

Put simply the spark has not appeared this season so far, it might return though with Ronaldo doing a good impression of a man not that commited (in his head) I doubt it will myself.

Harpy wrote: »
    Lads can ye stop making this an argument between liverpool and united! This is a thread about the united and boro match, go somewhere else if ye wanna argue about liverpool and united. it's getting very annoying

have a read back and see who brought Liverpool into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

DenMan wrote: »
    Well for Utd's sake I hope he can help out defensively against Inter Milan in the Champions League. Mourinho will know that.

Did you not watch last year? Away United will go 4-5-1 with Rooney on the wing doing Defensive duties leaving Berbs to do his job.

Also after the last few match threads broke down to Rooney and Ronnie bashing at unprofessionalism where's the disgust at Pogatetz? Also what about the well known facts that if Rooney or Ronaldo didnt play for United they'd be sent off? Don't remember Pogatetz in a United jersey.. How come he didn't go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Anyone else bored with everything descending in to Pool arguments these days, and I aint getting at pool fans here either.

ITs getting boring NtlBell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

So another slightly frustrating performance by United against a team who defended well... i argue with meself then as to if i should have tea and toast or not this late, and feck it sure i had 4 slices and a nice cuppa with one sugar. I come on to the net in the home gaf with no broadband (gotta love dialup) and heres a United thread with Liverpool mentioned all over it. Yay I love it!

United were poor tonight at finishing and are lacking some creativity in the final third. Is that the standard of the league is a tad higher, that teams know how to set themselves up against United (granted Sunderland and Middlesboro didn't exactly set themselves up the same).

I think Ronaldo will strike some form, its Berbatov and Rooney that concern me. Consitancy was never a think with Rooney. 4 or 5 goals and an assist here and there and he's lookin like Pele on steroids, then he goes 2 or 3 games were he'd do nothing only kick out at someone in frustrating.

Berbatov, he's first ball control is class, and vision is pretty decent... but come on the occasional sprint to track back or follow an opponent cant be that hard. They're all human, professionals and team players and its so frustrating at times. Ronaldo can be at times too.

I dont know ifs its going to dramitically gel over the next few fixtures to be honest. Usually people expect United to kick on now, but there are signs out there of poor finishing and creativity. Put it down to improvement of the opposition or just rustiness. But one thing is for sure, Liverpool will slip up, Chelsea will also...and United definitely will not steam-roll their way to the title from here on.

Happy days for the neutral

Advertisement