Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you use a 360 guitar on ps3 game?

Options
  • 29-12-2008 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭

already have one of the GHs on the 360, recently bought a ps3, was wondering will I have to buy a new guitar to play it on ps3, or can I use the same one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Cow Moolester

No you have to buy a new Guitar for the Ps3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Um, different console, different controllers. It's that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Um, different console, different controllers. It's that simple.

Xbox controllers have some wierd encryption on them, and PS3 ones don't, so they will never be interchangable... even if someone made adapters. (unless the adapter was an xbox controller, but would cost far too much).

You can thank Microsoft for that.

Cully wrote: »
    Xbox controllers have some wierd encryption on them, and PS3 ones don't, so they will never be interchangable... even if someone made adapters. (unless the adapter was an xbox controller, but would cost far too much).

Actually, there's an official Rock Band adapter, i dont know how well it works, but i did see it in Game in Northside SC yesterday. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Cow Moolester

Cully wrote: »

Lol you act like it's Microsoft's fault. When have one console's controllers ever worked on another console?

Lol you act like it's Microsoft's fault. When have one console's controllers ever worked on another console?

USB is USB. Mics from PS2 work on PC, Wii, PS3 and 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

That's true, but my big gripe with the encryption thing is that it's very difficult to get anything to actually work on an xbox that isn't "officially licenced"... Like the 3rd party xbox controllers I bought which are crap, and my electronic drumkit, which is a nightmare to get working on rock band. At LEAST harmonix should have forseen this for RB2 and gotten some sort of adapter out there so that people with electronic drumkits can just plug it in... :(

Oh and PS2/PS3 controllers work on PC with a USB > PC converter. MICs are all interchangable, and I have Arcade style controllers which work with PS2/PS3/PC/Wii, but not Xbox360....

Advertisement