Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israel's latest attacks on Gaza.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Mairt wrote: »
    Does this answer it..

'Going to war for peace is like fucking for virginity'.

;)

I need not say anymore:rolleyes:

A typical meathead response.

You might aswell close this thread now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

jank wrote: »
    I need not say anymore:rolleyes:

You might aswell close this thread now

To answer your question, one rarely brings the other.

Will Israel's latest incursion bring a lasting peace settlement, unlikely.

Lets discuss the rest in a week!.

Lads, in post #19 of this thread I with drew from the discussion. It doesn't mean I was going to ignore the thread completely, but I wasn't getting involved in a heated debate of which I'm biased to.

Don't incur a stupid banning, they don't make anyone feel good - not the person banned or the Mod for banning someone.

Tbh, I'd rather have a 'kick up the arse and cop yourself on' button!.

Regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Yusuf Mirza

Operation; Grand Theft Palestine.

Firstly the first inhabitancy of the land now known as Israel were the Palestinians. Don’t forget according to the Old Testament Abraham came from "Urh" which was up near northern Syria. Moses came from Egypt. The Hebrew people only existed in Palestine in total before 1948 as a nation for some 590 years. Therefore according to their argument then Palestinians have the greater historical right by some 6,000 years.

Hamas have said that they will accept Israel as a reality if firstly Israel accepts the right of return for Palestinians in any future Palestinian state. The Jews have a right to return even though they have never actually been there the first time. Nor were their ancestors as you will see from the African Jews and the Slavic Jews they have no Genetic connection with the Hebrew people and came much later.

Actually you will see that most Zionists are Atheist so they say that it is their god given right to live in Israel yet they don’t believe in God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Zionist

Firstly the first inhabitancy of the land now known as Israel were the Palestinians. Don’t forget according to the Old Testament Abraham came from "Urh" which was up near northern Syria. Moses came from Egypt. The Hebrew people only existed in Palestine in total before 1948 as a nation for some 590 years. Therefore according to their argument then Palestinians have the greater historical right by some 6,000 years.

Hamas have said that they will accept Israel as a reality if firstly Israel accepts the right of return for Palestinians in any future Palestinian state. The Jews have a right to return even though they have never actually been there the first time. Nor were their ancestors as you will see from the African Jews and the Slavic Jews they have no Genetic connection with the Hebrew people and came much later.

Actually you will see that most Zionists are Atheist so they say that it is their god given right to live in Israel yet they don’t believe in God.

Yusuf Mirza, I am a Zionist No.1, No.2 your information is Racist and disgusting and factually incorrect, No.3 I am a Messianic Jew and there is no such thing as an Atheist Zionist.

You’re a spouting pro-terrorist rhetoric; maybe you should go to the Islamic Forum and do it there as people here actually are not blinded by Islamic bigotry or hatred...

I am also a serving member of the Irish Defence Forces and have served in Lebanon 8 times and also did 4 years before in the IDF and served also in Lebanon, Gaza and Judea and Samaria (aka the west bank)

Also Palestine as you so call it does not exist....

Hamas are terrorists and have been defeated for Now.
    Fatah are terrorists who torture other terrorists aka Hamas and they do it vice versa.

Jews have a biblical right before Islam even existed to be in Israel...

There is no mention in the Koran about Jerusalem or the Holy land, so your lands are in Arabia and Babylon...

Now as I see your not Irish, remember a few things, in our country IRELAND...

- People have a right to express opinion, sexual orientation,poltical motivations etc
    - In Gaza, Christians are persecuted by Hamas, In Islamic countries to have such opinions is nearly if not a death sentence
    - Don't spout your diet tribe here as you are in a Christian country, so obey our customs and beliefs
    - Don’t try to also spout complete and utter fabrications of biblical facts that you as an extreme Muslim have made up either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Calm down ladies and gentlemen. Only through dialogue can progess be made. We have learned this in Ireland after a lot of bloodshed. Learn to hear your adversary and he will in turn will hear you. As we say in Dublin "We are all only 5/8ths trying to get through life."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Don’t forget according to the Old Testament Abraham came from "Urh" which was up near northern Syria. Moses came from Egypt.
    Zionist wrote: »

There is no mention in the Koran about Jerusalem or the Holy land, so your lands are in Arabia and Babylon...
    - Don’t try to also spout complete and utter fabrications of biblical facts that you as an extreme Muslim have made up either.

Watching Gaza Unseen on Channel 4 now. Terrible images of complete butchery, widescale destruction, butchered innocents, children.

And then you come on here to hear this stuff. Madness.

You know what, sometimes I struggle with Dyslexia and might take a few more minutes than usual to workout exactly what someone is trying to say.

I've read this for a few days, and read CLAP TRAP.

Tbh to me it comes accross as complete and utter contempt for the Jewish people.

Would you care to answer that accusation?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Fair dues to you Mairt, you stayed away from the topic for nearly a month - is this going to get a bit intense now??:D:D

That's an opinion rather than a provable fact.
    Yusuf Mirza, I am a Zionist No.1, No.2 your information is Racist and disgusting and factually incorrect, No.3 I am a Messianic Jew and there is no such thing as an Atheist Zionist.

Let's cut out the "racist" remarks. Both jews and arabs in thet region are of the same race ie Semites.
    You’re a spouting pro-terrorist rhetoric; maybe you should go to the Islamic Forum and do it there as people here actually are not blinded by Islamic bigotry or hatred...
    The Nazis called the French Resistance terrorists, history now regards them as heroes. Let's leave the handy media labels out of this. The good guys don't wear white hats and the bad guys don't wear black hats. Life is not that simple. While we are at it let's acknowledge that neither side has an absolute monopoly on hatred or bigotry.

My voodoo priest says I own the Phoenix Park, can I get the President out of there? Not a bit of it. Let's forget about mystical beings giving anybody rights to anything anywhere whether it be Jerusalem or Mecca.
    Now as I see your not Irish, remember a few things, in our country IRELAND...

- People have a right to express opinion, sexual orientation,poltical motivations etc
    - In Gaza, Christians are persecuted by Hamas, In Islamic countries to have such opinions is nearly if not a death sentence
    - Don't spout your diet tribe here as you are in a Christian country, so obey our customs and beliefs
    How do you know the poster is not Irish? By his name? Bigoted?
    Not a very Christian attitude but then you are a Zionist. ;)

Let's keep the debate fair and clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 IsraelShalom

Can you believe that Yusef , out of his head with hatred . The place was given to the tribes of Israel by God . The nations are circling once again to try and destroy the chosen . Generation after generation they have tried to remove the Jews from the world but as we see it aint ever goin to happen .
    The peoples known as Palestinians are nomadic people and are made up of several nations . The Israelis took the desert and turned it into a garden , one of the biggest producers of fruit and veg in the world . Plus they have shown the hand of friendship to the Palestinians and had it snapped off . The fundamentalist Islamic terrorists have shown time and again their Evil and do not deserve any support from the world . Shame on anyone who would give them support and as an Irish republican I am ashamed of the support given to them from so called " Irish Republicans" . Pearse must be sickened looking down at them.

• Advertisement

First of all WTF!!!!!

No1 issue is with the mods. Seriously what are you trying to do here. We get one guy with an Arab sounding name and then Bam! we get 2 guys here using the bigot and rascit line about him when there is none of that in his post. Where is attack the post not the poster!

The double standards here are unbelieveable and one I had to take issue hence my thread in feedback. If you have an agenda to let pro israeli comments by while coming down hard on anything of the opposite then you are failing your tasks as a mod IMO
    Can you believe that Yusef , out of his head with hatred . The place was given to the tribes of Israel by God . The nations are circling once again to try and destroy the chosen . Generation after generation they have tried to remove the Jews from the world but as we see it aint ever goin to happen .
    The peoples known as Palestinians are nomadic people and are made up of several nations . The Israelis took the desert and turned it into a garden , one of the biggest producers of fruit and veg in the world . Plus they have shown the hand of friendship to the Palestinians and had it snapped off . The fundamentalist Islamic terrorists have shown time and again their Evil and do not deserve any support from the world . Shame on anyone who would give them support and as an Irish republican I am ashamed of the support given to them from so called " Irish Republicans" . Pearse must be sickened looking down at them.

There are so many things I can pick at here but sorry I live in the real world. You can take your fundelmentalist opinions elsewhere.
    If you take all things in the bible litterally then I suppose you dont condem slavery for example...

Pearse would be saying the same thing as he did back then. Would that be considered anti-semite?

How is it racist? It is a strong accusation so you must back it up.

Christ here we go again. HELLOOOO this is 2008 AD not BC!!

First of all WTF!!!!!

No1 issue is with the mods. Seriously what are you trying to do here. We get one guy with an Arab sounding name and then Bam! we get 2 guys here using the bigot and rascit line about him when there is none of that in his post. Where is attack the post not the poster!

The double standards here are unbelieveable and one I had to take issue hence my thread in feedback. If you have an agenda to let pro israeli comments by while coming down hard on anything of the opposite then you are failing your tasks as a mod IMO
    You obviously haven't read a word of my posts. You haven't read any charters either. If you have an issue with the modding of this forum take it to pm, feedback or helpdesk. We will be more than happy to engage with you but this is not the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Zionist

quad_red wrote: »
    Watching Gaza Unseen on Channel 4 now. Terrible images of complete butchery, widescale destruction, butchered innocents, children.

And then you come on here to hear this stuff. Madness.

When women or children die it is a complete tradgedy, and as Golde Mayer once said to the egypitan president.

I can forgive you for killing jews, but we cannot forgive ourself for killing your people.

When a jew kills he kills two part of himself and the person he has killed.

When a muslim kills he rejoices...

As for the amount of civilians killed it is looking more Hamas where killed than actual civilians...

I feel sorry for civilians dead but again Hamas brought death to its people, Israel reacted the same as any other government would do when they are being fired at daily...

My question is why did Hamas fire over 6000 rockets into Israel when Israel withdrew in total a few years back...

Mairt wrote: »
    Does this answer it..

'Going to war for peace is like fucking for virginity'.

;)
    It took 800 yrs of war by Irish Patriots to win the Peace , without the war the British would not have come to the table

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

It took 800 yrs of war by Irish Patriots to win the Peace , without the war the British would not have come to the table

I see what your saying so how many years of fighting do you think it will take for the Palestinians to win their own land?

The British did'nt invade because the Irish were attacking them . Israel had to
    beat the British out of their homeland . The Irish won the Peace because theirs was a just cause .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

The British did'nt invade because the Irish were attacking them . Israel had to
    beat the British out of their homeland . The Irish won the Peace because theirs was a just cause .

I see, sorry I got confused, strange how simalar both sides can be.

oh and welcome to the boards by the way, it always strange how many new users we get when theres a debate on Israel.

You obviously haven't read a word of my posts. You haven't read any charters either. If you have an issue with the modding of this forum take it to pm, feedback or helpdesk. We will be more than happy to engage with you but this is not the place.

Well Mairt says he is "neutral" by his butting in makes it anything but.

I apprecaite your comments though Hagar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

When a jew kills he kills two part of himself and the person he has killed.

When a muslim kills he rejoices...

Right. That's clearly a racist sentiment and the product of a thoroughly indoctrinated mind.
    I feel sorry for civilians dead but again Hamas brought death to its people, Israel reacted the same as any other government would do when they are being fired at daily...

It's this form of reductive analysis which bogs both sides down.

Hamas chose to fire rockets into Israel. Even Hamas would be hard pressed to attempt to claim that such attacks are going to do any meaningful damage to Israel or inflict any considerable death toll. So, in retrospect, we may see them as ham fisted attempts to coerce Israel into political concessions. What sort of concessions? Perhaps an ending to the crippling economic blockade. Forcing Israel to attempt some sort of interaction? Outside the dogmatic use of the word, it was terrorism. Using violence, and primarily the threat of violence because the actual death toll was so low, to extract political concessions.

It was Israel's choice to inflict the blockade and declare Hamas a unilaterally unacceptable and illegitimate entity. It was Israel's choice to take upon itself the right to retain the right to pass judgement on whatever leaders the Palestinians elected. And if unacceptable, assassinate them whenever possible.

Israel did withdraw it's settlements from the Gaza strip - a progressive and laudable move. However, the move was unilateral, long overdue and of limited scope. I think I read somewhere that senior Israeli officials publicly declared that it was motivated purely as a holding move to stop any attempts to force Israel into negotiating equitably with the Palestinians.

And it was Israel's choice to plan this conflict for the last few months (the extent and slickness of the PR campaign alone shows that a considerable amount of planning has gone into this), to cut the Gaza strip off and proceed to flatten it inflicting massive civilian casualties.

I think this is clearly an example of state sponsored terrorism. A mass punishment and brutalisation of the Palestinian people in the Gaza strip for voting for Hamas. A lesson that for however many rockets are fired, hundreds of Palestinians will die indiscriminately.

This was Israel's chosen response.
    My question is why did Hamas fire over 6000 rockets into Israel when Israel withdrew in total a few years back...

Because Hamas is an extremist militant organisation with an extreme animosity towards Israel. But it should also be pointed out that Israel has an extreme animosity towards Hamas and that Israel has absolutely refused to negotiate with or acknowledge Hamas despite it's de facto legitimisation in being elected.

• Advertisement

Well Mairt says he is "neutral" by his butting in makes it anything but.

I apprecaite your comments though Hagar.

Sorry for "butting in", but Hagar and I see this as very different.

Whatever people's view's are on the Arab/Israeli conflict all I want people to do here is keep things civil.

Now there's not a snowballs chance in hell do I feel the need to justify my actions to you. But I read Yusuf Mirza post as pure & utter hatred of the Jewish people, personally I wouldn't have tolerated it but Hagar got in before me.

If something similar had been posted about Moslems I'd feel the same, I've no tolerance for either religious bigotry or racism in any form.

As you might have seen, Hagar and myself left Yusuf Mirza's post go for a few days, and look where its gone.

At best it was flame baiting, at worse it was inciting hatred. I should have went with my initial gut feeling and knocked it on the head because nothing positive was ever going to result from it.

I was hoping that we would get a constructive debate going. It's relatively easy to foster dialogue between the moderates of either side but the extemeists on both sides who can't reason or see past the rhetoric spoil it for everyone just like in real life.

So without further adieu and with my co-mods' approval we'll close the thread.
    Shalom, salam agus slán.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement