Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes in Waterford

• 29-12-2008 8:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the story with Dunnes in Waterford?

they seem to be selling off all stock and not bringing in new stuff,

it looks like they could well be bought out by asda

if this is the case do you think asda will move into the michael street and city square stores?

are will they only set up in Ferrybank?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Did they not pull out fully from Ferrybank? That was the last I had heard.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Fajitas! wrote: »

Yup, but nobody has opened in their. Same in the other development in Abbey park.

The Dunnes rumour has been on the cards for years tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

they seem to be selling off all stock and not bringing in new stuff

Where did you hear this? They are bringing in new stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

heard it off famil and friends, that is great news if its true where did you see them bring in new stock?

Grocery is going in all the time and I saw more drapery stuff going in today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Oh my god!!!!!!!

I'd expect a store to be a bit light this time of year but Dunnes in Michael St is totally empty.

The same 3 hoodies in 3 colour ways are triple displayed in different parts of the store.

No new stock anywhere.

Unless they want to polish the floor, I can't see any reason for the place to be so empty.

Very strange..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Walking past Dunnes in Dungarvan last night all that could be seen throught the windows was empty shelves and rails where clothing should be.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

heard it off famil and friends, that is great news if its true where did you see them bring in new stock?

How is Dunnes being bought out by ASDA (which is owned by Walmart in the states) good news now? Walmart is hardly a company that gives a **** about the towns/citys it operates in or its employee's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Cabaal wrote: »
    How is Dunnes being bought out by ASDA (which is owned by Walmart in the states) good news now? Walmart is hardly a company that gives a **** about the towns/citys it operates in or its employee's
    it is a true thing that you say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Cabaal wrote: »

its not great news, the great news i was referring to was in reply to the post above me, i started this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 grangeglens

was in 4 different stores in cork all very empty:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Fajitas! wrote: »

Anyone know when Ferrybank Sc is opening ...anchor tenant etc ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭TheFlatulator

If ASDA have bought they will only bring in there own stock UK suppliers for the first while, thats how they operate in the UK anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭MrLuke

Anyone know when Ferrybank Sc is opening ...anchor tenant etc ?

big article in last weekends sunday times about the state of retail in Ireland and it had a few paragraphs in it about ferrybank. Only quote was from Dick Dowling saying he hoped to see it open late this year or early next.

I wouldnt be surprised if its longer, if at all.

Anyone hear about the Ferrybank SC on the radio today? I was only told there was something about it, not what radio station or who was involved in the discussion. It is apparently supposed to open in October, with Dunnes still involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 largebottle

Article in one of yesterdays papers stating it has/is about to recommence development. Dunnes are still on board and they are actively talking to a number of other retailers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

From lads that are working there, apparently the developers can't get their 'Fire Cert's from either Waterford or Kilkenny Co. Councils. No idea what that means but apparently they can't open without them ?

Advertisement