Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you not do to the barking dog next door

Options
  • 29-12-2008 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

bark bark bark
    non stop !

worst thing that i would actually do that ive come up with is buy one of those dog whistles and blow it all night o.0 hmmm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Nothing, instead I'd ask the owners to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

We had that problem, theres nothing a bit of rat poison can't sort out!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

What would you not do to the barking dog next door

I'd draw the line at oral I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

Plug wrote: »
    We had that problem, theres nothing a bit of rat poison can't sort out!

It's illegal to murder you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Try posting over in The Animal and Pet forum , OP.

They come across things like this a lot , and might have some sound advice for you.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Dog whistles won't do much. It probably will give you sore ears though, you don't hear dog whistles but you'll notice a tinnitus feel in your ears after a while of blowing the whistle. I tried that with a dog next door once and it just annoyed it a bit and didn't stop it from barking more, sometimes it made the dog bark at it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Get yourself an elephant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

I conisdered to post on the Pet forum, but thought more *inventive* ways could be sourced from here.

Ive got a nice pair of GI ear defenders, i bet they could protect me for a little while. hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Ask for help in the Shooting forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Used to have the same problem - especially at night. Used to phone the neighbour's an odd night - if I was kept awake, so should they.

Bought a ultrasonic device online, but didn't get a chance to use it as I moved away, don't know if it works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Send it to the moon. Think theres a dude on here planning to head up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Gordon wrote: »
    Dog whistles won't do much. It probably will give you sore ears though, you don't hear dog whistles but you'll notice a tinnitus feel in your ears after a while of blowing the whistle. I tried that with a dog next door once and it just annoyed it a bit and didn't stop it from barking more, sometimes it made the dog bark at it.

Plus a haoin.

I have a "dog dazzer" here (which is pretty much an electronic dog whistle).

Fairly ineffective at little more than making the dog mad (and loud), although it's supposed to repel them.

The problem invariably lies with the owner rather than the dog anyway, but you might as well be talking to the dog in many cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

jump over the wall/fence and throw the dog into your garden and see how the owners like it for a change

$%^&*() dog.

i just re-read the charter of this forum and im guessing that since this is a useless thread its going to be locked and im going to be banned from AH.

ill probably be site banned too. hopefully its only for a period, i might be back in a few years. ill miss ye guys.

just wanted to get in before the lock !!!!!!

happy new year everyone !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

samhail wrote: »
    just wanted to get in before the lock !!!!!!

This in its self is a banning offence of late or so I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,071 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

You could do what some guy in the US did. He threw a firework over the wall and the dog caught it. RIP Dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

You're going about it all wrong.

Make friends with the poor little helpless puppy. A mans best friend and all that. It's that or spend your nights thinking up new ways to kill it.

connundrum wrote: »
    This in its self is a banning offence of late or so I've heard.

just another excuse.
    ejmaztec wrote: »
    You could do what some guy in the US did. He threw a firework over the wall and the dog caught it. RIP Dog.

ah now i wouldnt do that.
    fireworks are too pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,071 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

samhail wrote: »
    ah now i wouldnt do that.
    fireworks are too pretty.

You won't notice as you'll be running in the opposite direction. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Usually barking dogs, that aren't reacting to disturbance, are looking for attention, or are bored.
    Anytime I have problems with barking dogs, I go out into the back garden...the dog will stop barking for a wee bit to see what you're going to do...the instant it starts barking I let a roar at it. I'll have to do this at most 3 times before the dog gets the message and pipes down for the night. In oither words you pretend to be a bigger dog and they STFU because of pack mentality. It wakes my neighbours but I couldn't give a sh*t.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Toiletroll

Try a spoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Don't let the bitch back home untill she stops barking.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

This might be...barking up the wrong tree...but this is what I did.

Put this official form in the neighbours letter box (not completed - just giving a hint)

http://www.corkcoco.ie/co/pdf/213066694.pdf

Hasn't worked yet so going to half complete it and drop it in again as a second hint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Throw him a bottle of dreamy sleepy nighty snoozey snooze.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

1 Juicy Steak + 1 Teaspoon of Alphachlorolose Technical is your only man.

Step 1 - Cook Steak Medium Rare

Step 2 - Sprinkle Alphachlorolose Technical powder over steak

Step 3 - Lob Steak over garden wall and whistle

Step 4 - Go back to bed and await Step 5

BARK BARK BARK

*smells and eats steak that lands in garden*

BARK BARK BARK BARK zzzzzzzz

R.I.P.

Step 5 - Enjoy the Silence

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Get a megaphone.

When the dog starts barking, every time he does shout into it and out a window
    "Would the people at house number XX please do something about their mutt - I'm here studying the Kama Sutra and the doggie position is one your animal keeps pestering me about!"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

As you are asking what would we NOT do to a dog.

You should defo not give it chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Have a very loud party tonight! Later when some one is drunk enough challenge them to kidnap the dog!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

my next door's dog keeps trying to shag a cat, so he's got enough problems of his own.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

galwayrush wrote: »
    my next door's dog keeps trying to shag a cat, so he's got enough problems of his own.:D

Lol id say thats funny.

Advertisement