Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hair straightener won't work aftter holidays

• 29-12-2008 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just back from hols . I brought my straightener - I only tried it once in a 220v slot with an adapter but it wouldn't work - didn't use it again. Now I'm back and hoped it would work but just plugged it in and not a peep. Do you think I need to replace it or is there anything like a fuse or something simple that i could get fixed?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Where did you go?
    What brand is it?
    Is it within warranty?
    Do you still have receipt for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Cuba
    GHD
    Bought it some years ago and not a chance of finding the receipt at this stage.

TBH I don't think its an issue with my straightener - others in my group found that their straighteners wouldn't work in the sockets in that hotel. If anything its a question of whether the elec supply could have blown something in the straightener and if that can be fixed. I'm not looking to claim a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Check/replace the fuse in the plug. You might have to change the thermal fuse

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Timpa Bylon

The voltage in Cuba is generally 110. Form what I know, 220 volts would probably be listed as being that where you plugged in - the hotel for example. So are you sure that you plugged into 220 volts?

If your friends are having the same problem and you were all in Cuba in then it sounds like you all blew your straighteners.

Clutching at straws, I would suggest changing the fuse in the plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Thanks for the replies. I took it to an electrics repair guy and he said its finished. Some kind of circuit blown and according to him unrepairable. So it looks like I'm in the market for a new GHD!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fogma

Do some research on http://www.ghd-repair.co.uk - they are normally pretty simple to fix yourself, or if you don't feel up to it, send them off to be repaired or sell them for spare parts and get some cash towards the new ones.... it's all on the above website.

Gary

Advertisement