Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Independent Annual Business Quiz

Options
  • 29-12-2008 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

One left if anyone can help please.
    33. Which boss of an irish company received a pay package of zero, nada, zilch for the year?
    (a) Boundary Capitals Niall McFadden
    (b) Newcourts ted O'Neill
    (c) Qualcerams John O'Loughlin
    (d) Siteservs Brian Harvey

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 McNab16

I think it is Niall McFadden but not certain. The only other one I am not sure of is 24 (biggest debt mountain - Elan, Eircom, Smurfit or DCC)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭samsausage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Thanks for the replies, Eircom had the biggest debt mountain that I could find but I'm open to correction.
    http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/eircom-unable--to-budge-debt-1558310.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Curious09

hi
    Just wondering does anyone know the answer to Question 41 -
    Which Irish banking executive's son represented Ireland - in sailing - at the Beijing Olympics?
    • Maurice Keane
    • Richard Burrows
    • Harry Lorton
    • Ted Marah
    thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭maryb26

Burrows was big into sailing and challenged Pat Hickey for the position of IOC head honcho a few years ago, so presume it was his son. check it out

Anybody doing the daily Independent business quiz. Stuck on the photograph question 3. All help appreciated.

• Advertisement

maryb26 wrote: »
    Burrows was big into sailing and challenged Pat Hickey for the position of IOC head honcho a few years ago, so presume it was his son. check it out

Anybody doing the daily Independent business quiz. Stuck on the photograph question 3. All help appreciated.

yeah, richard burrows has a son david who was in the sydney olympics but cant find any mention of bejiing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭championc

he was in Bejing alright

C

googled but cant find any link to him for bejiing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭championc

that was back in 2005 so i dunno if he actually made it there. i can find no mention of him in any of the squads or results etc. still it looks like the correct answer though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 sumtumhum

Richard Burrows is definitely correct. Cannot remember right now, but i know that i was able to verify this between more than 1 site

Not fully satisfied with question but i think its the answer they are looking for allright and its the one i will be using.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 conorfonz

Hi,
    just wondering if you know which directory enquiries firm is promoted by 'the wiliest man in Ireland'?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

'the wiliest man in Ireland' is 11811.

Who's the odd man out in the pictures, is it O'Leary?

what about Question 11 -the Management Buy-Out attempt in October? Is it Siteserv, Newcourt, Boundary capital, SKG???

i went for newcourt and o'leary

Advertisement