Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diouf spitting

• 27-11-2004 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭

haha, just seen diouf spit at a portsmouth player on prermiership. Hes some scumbag, glad benetiz turfed him out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

ah typical. thug, should be heavily banned and heavily fined. £50000 fine and 10match ban. scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

And another typically woeful attempt at winning a penalty. I think his reputation for diving will soon be so big you'd need to hit him with an axe for refs to give him a penalty, and he deserves it too. Someday, he'll be hacked in an important game and the ref wont give a thing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

spitting??? yeah whatever look at rooney ot totti for acting like scumbags, the celtic fans had in coming on that last ocassion and as for being banned how much did andy cole get banned for earlier in the season?? smemon you know 0% about anything.

haha, just seen diouf spit at a portsmouth player on prermiership. Hes some scumbag, glad benetiz turfed him out.

if you were a fan you'd be praying for his return

mayordenis wrote:

Why? He's useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Liverpool Football Club dont want Diouf anymore.They tried to cancel his contract but he wont leave. This is one of the reason why.

Slash/ED wrote:
    Why? He's useless.

oh yeah i forgot he's not a patch on mellor, oh and mellor did win african player of the year twice aswell didnt he??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

mayordenis wrote:

right so..

right so..
    yeah sorry about that was probably the wrong thing to say, it probably sounds very gob****ty but we need a striker

mayordenis wrote:
    oh yeah i forgot he's not a patch on mellor, oh and mellor did win african player of the year twice aswell didnt he??

Mellors done more on the pitch for Liverpool than Diouf already and can only get better. Diouf was an embarassment to football with his performances for Liverpool.

• Advertisement

what are you on about he was one of about 4 players who contributed to liverpool on the pitch last season and maybe if he was played in his position who could of made a much greater impact

mayordenis wrote:
    yeah sorry about that was probably the wrong thing to say, it probably sounds very gob****ty but we need a striker

diouf aint a striker though. Hes been played as a winger more. His performances for Bolton aint excactly been great. Hes only attracted attention for his antics. And general bad attitude.

i would picked Mellor over diouf any day, i dont want a player like diouf at Liverpool. He puts the club to shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Everyone knows our lack of firepower at the moment is a major problem but regretting getting rid of Diouf?! Come on, the guy was nothing but trouble from the minute he joined for £10m. Very unfair to compare him to Mellor, who has come through the youth system. Diouf was bought as a top striker following his World Cup exploits but he flopped dismally. I for one would prefer to see if Le Tallec's loan spell with St.Etienne could be ended.

Shamrok wrote:
    I for one would prefer to see if Le Tallec's loan spell with St.Etienne could be ended.

AFAIK it has been ended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

diouf aint a striker though. Hes been played as a winger more. His performances for Bolton aint excactly been great. Hes only attracted attention for his antics. And general bad attitude.

i would picked Mellor over diouf any day, i dont want a player like diouf at Liverpool. He puts the club to shame.
    Diouf is a striker, Houllier never played him in his correct position so he was never given the chance to justify his transfer fee. He has a great goalscoring record for a winger though.

He played up front alot for Liverpool at the start and was awful. He had a woeful goals record in France too iirc and his performances at the world cup were horribley over rated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

mayordenis wrote:
    spitting??? the celtic fans had in coming on that last ocassion and .

Eh??.. You blame the victim for the crime thus excusing the perpertrator. Strange. I do believe Diouf was convicted of the crime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The Celtic fan got what he deserved simple... Whether it was legal to do it or not is a different argument but he was still justified in doing it..

If someone offended you and you spat at them, nothing would happen to you. But a footballer does it and all of a sudden he is a scumbag. Stupid maybe, but thats about it..

Stamping on someone is the actions of a scumbag..

If someone offended you and you spat at them, nothing would happen to you. But a footballer does it and all of a sudden he is a scumbag. Stupid maybe, but thats about it..

Stamping on someone is the actions of a scumbag..
    For some reason I think spitting is a lot more "scummier" than stamping.

I have heard it all now, player falls into crowd, the crowd laugh and jokingly pat his head as they help him up and player plants a green one into the crowd. You think that is justified?? Try doing that (big green one at somebody) in the street and you will get a doin' :confused:

Diouff was very very lucky the stewards stopped the fans from getting at him.

• Advertisement

Slash/ED wrote:
    He played up front alot for Liverpool at the start and was awful. He had a woeful goals record in France too iirc and his performances at the world cup were horribley over rated.

he scored twice in his first game

mayordenis wrote:
    he scored twice in his first game

David Kelly got a hat trick on his first international.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Percieved to be worse, but realistically involves far less malice and the no where near the same consequences. Spitting is about disrespecting someone, stamping on them is about physically injuring them..

I know I would prefer someone to spit at me than stamp on me..

eirebhoy wrote:

which would you prefer, someone spitting on your head or stamping on it?

which would you prefer, someone spitting on your head or stamping on it?
    What would you prefer, someone putting their arse in your face or someone shooting you in the knee? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Spitting is the lowest of the low, he was lucky he did not get the ugly mug of his bashed in, fair play to the portsmouth player, if it was me I would have broken his ugly jaw.

As said it is not the first time this scumbag has done this, his third from what they are saying, really want to give him a 6 or 7 match ban.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

"All the panelist on MOTD just agreed they'd rather get a punch than be spat at. That man is disgusting"

Just heard that Dave, and they are the real Pro's not some jumped up little gimp life Diouf

this is fun..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Spitting on someone is demeaning but in no way is it malicious. What Keane did to Alf Inge Haaland is the most scumbaggy thing a player can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Someone spits at me and one of us are going down. If someone stamps on me in the heat of a game well possible they get the benefit of the doubt that it was accidental .

Spitting at someone is worse than stamping IMO. I didnt see any highlights yet so I wont comment on the incident being discussed . I have seen Diouf play a few times this year and he looks a lot more effective than he did when he was at Anfield. I do think Houliers tactics had a detrimental effect on his performances when he played at liverpool. Didn't Diouf say as much when he moved?

how can anyone be so bloody macho oh yeah id love to get stamped on - dont act like fools, he spat im sure that player will be out of play now for 2 or 3 months cause he cant get over his fear of being spat on, and as mr bojangle put it what keane did was far worse. And in relation to the panel on MOTD why?? why would you listen to them at all?? they are not a bloody social front they are a bunch of ex-pro's who played in a different time.

mayordenis - Its about what makes you a bigger scumbag, not what you'd prefer to happen to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

The pat on the head set it all off imo. Some might describe it as a jokingly pat on the head but I don't think he took it that way. So to get his own back he spat on him. Look what cantona did when a fan taunted him. The fan didn't even physically touch cantona but his jeering was enough to turn him into a wild man.

I'd give diouf the benefit of the doubt for the crowd incident, who knows what kind of taunts he heard in the crowd, the tv mics certainly couldn't hear them. The viewers at home just seen the pat on the head and the spitting. Probably not the whole story. What he did yesterday, spitting at another player was disgusting.

• Advertisement

The pat on the head set it all off imo. Some might describe it as a jokingly pat on the head but I don't think he took it that way. So to get his own back he spat on him. Look what cantona did when a fan taunted him. The fan didn't even physically touch cantona but his jeering was enough to turn him into a wild man.

I'd give diouf the benefit of the doubt for the crowd incident, who knows what kind of taunts he heard in the crowd, the tv mics certainly couldn't hear them. The viewers at home just seen the pat on the head and the spitting. Probably not the whole story. What he did yesterday, spitting at another player was disgusting.

He got no taunts, it was a pat on the head whilest the fans were helping him back up after he fell into the crowd. He then turned around at spat at them. You think that is acceptable behaviour? You give him the benefit of the doubt yet you think it is disgusting that he spit at another player. He may have been taunted by the player, does that excuse it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

He got no taunts

How do you know?

How do you know?

Because I know people who were sitting near the incident and witnessed it. I was at the game my self (although not near the incident).

Because I know people who were sitting near the incident and witnessed it. I was at the game my self (although not near the incident).

to be honest, if some stranger came up to me in the street and patted me on the head, even if it was jokingly i would probaly deck them. Seeing as he couldnt really do that he just spat on them.

sure he even said afterwards if it had happened to him in the street he would of killed the fella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

mayordenis wrote:
    And in relation to the panel on MOTD why?? why would you listen to them at all?? they are not a bloody social front they are a bunch of ex-pro's who played in a different time.

Why should we listen to you? What are your credentials? The pundits on MOTD are all exprofessionals who have played the game at the highest level they know what they are talking about.

• Advertisement

to be honest, if some stranger came up to me in the street and patted me on the head, even if it was jokingly i would probaly deck them. Seeing as he couldnt really do that he just spat on them.

sure he even said afterwards if it had happened to him in the street he would of killed the fella

Is that after you fell on top of the people who are helping you up and pat your hat in a 'there there' type of fashion?

Have you seen the incident? It is not like a fan runs out onto the pitch and rubs his head. Diouf fell on top of the people then spat at them after they helped him up!!!!

Is that after you fell on top of the people who are helping you up and pat your hat in a 'there there' type of fashion?

Have you seen the incident? It is not like a fan runs out onto the pitch and rubs his head. Diouf fell on top of the people then spat at them after they helped him up!!!!

i saw it, i know he fell on top of them. but the fella reached out with his hand and patted him on the head. well out of order. i would of decked the little prick for that. He should of had the cop aswell to know that you dont do that to a player. If diouf hadnt of spat on him, and then tired to get on the pitch i would hope he would be kicked out of the stadium anyway.

if your on bus, and you stumble into some, do you expect them to turn around a pat you on the head in a patronising manner? woud you mind if they did that? i certainly would

i saw it, i know he fell on top of them. but the fella reached out with his hand and patted him on the head. well out of order.

You need to get a sense of humour
    i would of decked the little prick for that. He should of had the cop aswell to know that you dont do that to a player. If diouf hadnt of spat on him, and then tired to get on the pitch i would hope he would be kicked out of the stadium anyway.

Are you related to Diouf? you seem very abusive of the fans and very protective of Diouf. There was no violence offered yet you would retaliate with violence :confused: No wonder there is madness on the streets late at night with that kind of viewpoint.
    if your on bus, and you stumble into some, do you expect them to turn around a pat you on the head in a patronising manner? woud you mind if they did that? i certainly would

I would take it as the joke it was intended. I certainly would not spit at or offer violence towards the person. I actually would feel embarrassment that I fell on top of someone and could have caused them damage.

You need to get a sense of humour

Are you related to Diouf? you seem very abusive of the fans and very protective of Diouf. There was no violence offered yet you would retaliate with violence :confused: No wonder there is madness on the streets late at night with that kind of viewpoint.

I would take it as the joke it was intended. I certainly would not spit at or offer violence towards the person. I actually would feel embarrassment that I fell on top of someone and could have caused them damage.

eh, patting someone on top of the head is violence. Its assualt, so its because of people like you there is "madness" on the streets. The fan really should of been charged aswell. Condisering he started the hole incident.

No i am not related to him, surpisingly enough. I feel he should of spat on him, cos that is scummy. But i wouldnt of critised him he smacked him one.

Of course he could claim it was just in a "playful" manner and it would of been grand. ;)

eh, patting someone on top of the head is violence. Its assualt, so its because of people like you there is "madness" on the streets. The fan really should of been charged aswell. Condisering he started the hole incident.

No i am not related to him, surpisingly enough. I feel he should of spat on him, cos that is scummy. But i wouldnt of critised him he smacked him one.

Of course he could claim it was just in a "playful" manner and it would of been grand. ;)

I presume you mean he should not have spat on him?

If the pat be viewed as assault, so is his jump into the crowd and injuring people that sparked it all off.

I gather you are a Liverpool fan. Replace Diouf with Eric Cantona and Celtic fan with Liverpool fan and Celtic Park with Anfield, I take it your opinion will still be the same?

I presume you mean he should not have spat on him?

If the pat be viewed as assault, so is his jump into the crowd and injuring people that sparked it all off.

I gather you are a Liverpool fan. Replace Diouf with Eric Cantona and Celtic fan with Liverpool fan and Celtic Park with Anfield, I take it your opinion will still be the same?

yea , he should of spat on him, should of punched him instead.

His jump into the crowd couldnt of been helped, its not like he leaped in there cantona-like to do damage. The pat on the head was deliberate, theres a big difference.

i am a liverpool fan, but as you can see from the start of this thread i think diouf is a scumbag, and a diver i cant stand him. i just feel on the Celtic incident he wasnt as bad as everyone says he was. And there were mitigating circumstances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

lads, just agree to disagree before la siht hits the fans

haha, i dont agree to that.

Just heard that Bolton might cancel his laon deal, i hope he never plays another game in a liverpool shirt.

do you think any celtic fan in the area was going to say yeah he got all kinds of abuse?? the bias is unbelieveable

yea , he should of spat on him, should of punched him instead.

Not? Punching the fan who patted him on the head would have led to a riot. Acceptable? Diouf would have got a serious kicking.
    His jump into the crowd couldnt of been helped, its not like he leaped in there cantona-like to do damage. The pat on the head was deliberate, theres a big difference.

Deliberate what? It was a deliberate gesture for fun. The fan did not assault Diouf.
    i am a liverpool fan, but as you can see from the start of this thread i think diouf is a scumbag, and a diver i cant stand him. i just feel on the Celtic incident he wasnt as bad as everyone says he was. And there were mitigating circumstances

How do you know that the current spitting incident does not have mitigating circumstances?

Replace Diouf with Eric Cantona and Celtic fan with Liverpool fan and Celtic Park with Anfield, I take it your opinion will still be the same?

• Advertisement
Advertisement