Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

HELP with buying a car

Options
  • 29-12-2008 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,

Cut straight to the point, i was in a car crash thankfully came out the other side of it but my poor car well thats where my problem lies have to buy a new one,my wife likes renault scenic that iam not that keen on, we are looking for a 5-7 seater any ideas buget 25-27k Please help needed thanks.:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'm assuming after that you want something very safe. Does it have to be brand new? Citroen C4 Picasso?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Aedan

If your spending that on a car i strongly suggest buying in the uk and importing. You'll easilly save yourself 6k if thats what you are wanting to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭dbentham

Aedan wrote: »
    If your spending that on a car i strongly suggest buying in the uk and importing. You'll easilly save yourself 6k if thats what you are wanting to spend.

I would totally agree. Visit sites such as http://www.motorpoint.co.uk as they sell nearly new diesel Scenics, Galaxies, etc. Then go to the Revenue's ROS vrt calculator to see how much extra it will add. Just try to pick a 08 car with reasonable emissions to keep annual road tax reasonable too.

I tried this procedure with a 08 Ford Focus Diesel (which I will be collecting in January) and all things considered I'll save at least Eur3,500. Not a bad saving for one day spent across the pond ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭inmate2

Aedan wrote: »

Was considering that route but was put off by the high tax increases in the recent budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

+1 , Its the class leader by a mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Car-dealer

Hi

I recommend a Toyota Corolla Verso -- you will get a very nice one and have about €10,000 spare from your €25-27 budget!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Aedan

The ford is a little bit bigger than the toyota but if you want relaibility and hassle free motoring buy the toyota! Being a mechanic and working on all types of these mpv's daily ya rarely find yourself working on the toyota other than for routine servicing

• Registered Users Posts: 42 braf89

renaults arnt the most reliable my opinion wud be the ford or the corolla. there good cars. and i would deffinatly consider importing be it the uk or NI either way you'll work out better.

Advertisement