Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying from Now till the end!!!

Options
  • 29-12-2008 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

I'm asking this for a friend of mine. ;)
    So lets say hypetheticly whats the chances of geting 500+ points in the Leaving studying now e.g. 2nd of January right till the end. Take in to consideration the student in question has been failing everything due to his lack of attending classes and not studying at all. I beleave he does have the potential and so does his teachers, how would you advise that he would start cracking down to achieve his ambitions and actually get in to university.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Drakmord

500+ and currently failing everything?
    To be honest, unless he's an genius who just doesn't apply himself, there isn't much hope of getting into the 500's.
    Also depends on his subjects. Easier subjects = higher points. Subjects like ag science and japanese really boosted my points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Depends on how smart he is. Some could start from scratch in May and get 500+. Some really need more than 6 months. I couldn't say without knowing him.

Is this you btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭K-Bowie

Noooo not at alll ......... Yes it is lol!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Hypothetically?

I haven't a clue what your chances are of getting anywhere near the 500's considering you're failing everything now. However, I know that if you start working now you will have a significantly better chance of getting closer to 500+.
    If you're motivated enough, you will do it. Obviously certain subjects and levels of intelligence make it easier, but work your arse off, and your results will improve. Don't work, and you stay where you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

You lack self-assurance and you're still procrastinating. Honestly I'd be very surprised if you studied from January to June. There's no evidence to suggest you will.

Working suggests an ability to do more work. Posting about how you'll start working on Boards.ie suggests an ability to make more threads about how screwed you feel you are. There were loads of these last year:

21st May: <RandomPoster> TWO WEEKS TO GO!! SO SCREWED!!! WHAT CAN I DO????

2nd June: <RandomPoster> TWO DAYS TO GO!!! SO SCREWED!!! HAVEN'T STUDIED AT ALL!!! WHAT CAN I DO???

If you want to know if you can get 500+ points in your LC, then try doing some work and it'll become clear to you pretty quickly whether you can or not.

What do you want 500+ points for btw?

• Advertisement

I'm just working off worse case scenario leavings beginning to scare me now, did alright in my x-mas tests but nothing to write home about.

Looking for BESS in Trinity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Word of advice OP:

1. Log off Boards and switch off computer.
    2. Step away from computer and grab a textbook.
    3. STUDY

You've basically come on here and asked "Will I get 500+ points having done feck all study up until now?"

Here's your answer: No. Realistically, you won't pull this off unless you start working your ass off from January until June.
    Regardless of the number of points you're aiming for, you should always work to your maximum ability from now until June. At least thenyou can say you gave it your best shot.

Word of advice OP:

1. Log off Boards and switch off computer.
    2. Step away from computer and grab a textbook.
    3. STUDY

You've basically come on here and asked "Will I get 500+ points having done feck all study up until now?"

Here's your answer: No. Realistically, you won't pull this off unless you start working your ass off from January until June.
    Regardless of the number of points you're aiming for, you should always work to your maximum ability from now until June. At least thenyou can say you gave it your best shot.

Taking the advice, see ya later folks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

K-Bowie wrote: »
    I'm asking this for a friend of mine. ;)
    So lets say hypetheticly whats the chances of geting 500+ points in the Leaving studying now e.g. 2nd of January right till the end. Take in to consideration the student in question has been failing everything due to his lack of attending classes and not studying at all. I beleave he does have the potential and so does his teachers, how would you advise that he would start cracking down to achieve his ambitions and actually get in to university.

NOW AS IN TODAY (maybe tomorrow, you have 44 mins left today)

START TOMORROW!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

look through past exam papers and you'll see most of the stuff is doable if you actually look over the stuff

if you cant study at home because of distractions or whatever, get your books and just go to a library for a day and force yourself to study. Because if you dont, in 6 months your gonna be looking back to now and saying to yourself how you wished you had just turned off your p.c. and opened a book instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

STUDY

Surely you jest!

Advertisement