Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connecting ps3 with three broadband

• 29-12-2008 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

im just wondering does anyone have there ps3 hooked up with three broadband ive been tryin for days now with an ethernet cable direct to my laptop which is running on vista ive had no luck any ideas thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

• Registered Users Posts: 3 irishcelt123

thanks but im looking for someone that has this already done and can provide me with the settings they are using

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

ive done this before, you need to enable internet connection sharing on the 3 internet connection
    Control panel-> network and sharing centre -> manage network connections -> right click 3datamodem /properties ->click sharing tab on top ->click allow other users... select your lan from the drop down list . click ok

you can connect your laptop directly to the ps3 with a crossover cable / not sure if an ethernet cable works, it probably does, or you can use an ethernet cable to connect your pc to a wireless router and pick up the router on your ps3.

Just use the automatic settings on the ps3 and it should work.
    If it doesnt it might be a firewall issue , when i did it the firt time mcafee was blocking it somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 EL3CTR0S1S

Control panel-> network and sharing centre -> manage network connections -> right click 3datamodem /properties ->click sharing tab on top ->click allow other users... select your lan from the drop down list . click ok

Hi im having proplems i had my ps3 all set up with my 3g modem but i reinstalled xp from previousley having vista and all my settings have been reset, i can remember doing something similar to Niall0 but where you say "click 3datamodem /properties ->click sharing tab on top" well i cant find the sharing tab any ideas cos im stuck, cheers

its probably slightly different for xp try searching internet connection sharing in the help thingy for xp.

• Advertisement

Hi i tried searching internet connection sharing in the help for xp and got no where its crap, any other ideas, thanks alot your help is totaly appreciated:)

It aint working heres what i see,

Web.jpg

Ive tried google and microsofts website and no one has any info on how to get the internet connection sharing into the modem properties.

Advertisement