Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast Roll..

Options
  • 29-12-2008 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭

Sorry I didn't know whether to put this in the food forum as it's specific to Dublin 15!

Seriously lads... is there anywhere in the Blanch shopping centre (or close by) that does a breakfast roll? I remember Gleeson's butchers did a savage one back in the day before they closed and Munchies cafe did something resembling a breakfast roll before Subway took their spot but since then haven't been able to find one.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Could try the Spar over by Heaven / AIB.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Random wrote: »

is that not a centra? can't remember, but they do breakfast rolls alright. not great though. Or go in to eddie rockets and have one of their deep fried brekkies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's a Spar.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

It's a Spar.

Sir, Yes Sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

The Service Station at Blanchardstown Renault do a very good Breakfast Roll even has a Fried Egg in it, don't know if it available at weekends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

Gleesons are still in the center? have they stopped doing rolls?

The shop beside Salmons Pub do Brekkie rolls iirc. Its about a ten minute walk from the center.

There used to be a spot on the way to Huntstown Quarry they did Brekkie Rolls with beans in 'em. Legends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    The Service Station at Blanchardstown Renault do a very good Breakfast Roll even has a Fried Egg in it, don't know if it available at weekends.

Nice one Pat I'll check them out! Yeh I'm talkin about a proper breakfast roll with an egg or 2 and all in it. The yokes they do in that Spar aren't worthy of bein called a breakfast roll. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

clonee service station.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

The little coffeeshop in Ongar sells great breakfast rolls you can get whatever you want in those ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

Bad news: The government are going to introduce a tax on breakfast rolls now that we are in recession.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Back in the day when I would savage a breakfast roll. . . this here spar was the place to get it!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Avoid spar in the centre its a rip of for rolls.

Get the same breakie roll in the one in castle curragh for about 50c less one time.How can that be,the one in castlecurragh is beside a industrial estate or two and is the way most people enter meath.SO they cant say theres little trade so we charge less to sell more!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Spar Carpenterstown. My old place of employment.

The one in Coolmine is closer to the centre though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Since Gaspode posted this in the breakfast thread...

Hillview Stores in Mulhuddart (on Ladyswell Rd) do the best breakfast roll in all of D15. Nice big soft fluffy roll, egg cooked to order. Lovely. Price €4 with a can of mineral.

January wrote: »

Hillview Stores in Mulhuddart (on Ladyswell Rd) do the best breakfast roll in all of D15. Nice big soft fluffy roll, egg cooked to order. Lovely. Price €4 with a can of mineral.

i know where im off to in the morning !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I'd have thought a tea or coffee would go better with a breakfast roll then a fizzy drink or is Coke for breakfast a D15 thing??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭wilford

Spar in Mulhuddart village,on the way home from the nightshift 2 MONSTER sausages on a soft roll can of coke and a paper few cents change from a fiver.The brekfast selection is the best I've seen in the d15 area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

My Oulone!!!!!! ;)

went into hillview stores a having it now , lovely a fresh , €4 with a can is great value

turns out its the girl that used to run the butchers in corduff , the rolls in there used to be lovely

fresh egg a soft roll make it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭jobseeker999

kyub wrote: »
    Sorry I didn't know whether to put this in the food forum as it's specific to Dublin 15!

Seriously lads... is there anywhere in the Blanch shopping centre (or close by) that does a breakfast roll? I remember Gleeson's butchers did a savage one back in the day before they closed and Munchies cafe did something resembling a breakfast roll before Subway took their spot but since then haven't been able to find one.

Just bought one myself from Dunnes in the centre. €2.85, think it was 2 sausages, 2 rashers, 2 white pudd and sauce. Great value!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

So much for the demise of the breakfast roll with the Celtic Tiger. 'All rowllled up good and tight!'

Personally I dont think you can beat a soft fluffy chip baguette with garlic sauce, although maybe not first thing in the morning. San Marco recommendation for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

ongarboy wrote: »
    I'd have thought a tea or coffee would go better with a breakfast roll then a fizzy drink or is Coke for breakfast a D15 thing??:confused:

I dunno :confused: I don't drink tea or coffee so wouldn't know!

ongarboy wrote: »

Nothing like a breakie roll , a bottle of diet coke and a frozen twirl when hungover.

By the nature of the roll , a can or bottle seems easier than the messing around with those coffee or tea cups.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

jeffk wrote: »
    Nothing like a breakie roll , a bottle of diet coke and a frozen twirl when hungover.

By the nature of the roll , a can or bottle seems easier than the messing around with those coffee or tea cups.

Ah, the good aul diet coke. Justifies anything.

dodzy wrote: »
    Ah, the good aul diet coke. Justifies anything.

Taste for me , if people think that drinking a light or diet makes a difference than the marketing team have done their job.

Same way im going off Bulmers as it doesnt taste the same an is to gasy , so im trying light.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

The petrol station on the navan road in bound do the best ones in my opinion. Beans, eggs, and the works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Top draw - useful shop all round! They also support the local football club!

Advertisement